Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

IGF Finalists on Steam

The Independent Games Festival announces that all of this year's finalists will be distributed through Valve's Steam service:

The organizers of the Independent Games Festival, the leading showcase for independent video games worldwide, have announced a new agreement with Valve for IGF 2013.

All IGF Main Competition finalists for this year's event will receive the opportunity to accept a distribution agreement for Steam, a leading platform for distribution in today's burgeoning independent gaming market.

This means every single Main Competition finalist in each of the jury-voted categories - the Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence In Design, Excellence In Art, Excellence In Narrative, Technical Excellence, Excellence in Audio, and even the Nuovo Award - can work directly with Steam to bring their titles to PC, Mac and Linux.

This agreement comes as the 2013 Independent Games Festival rolls out its new, cutting-edge judging website back-end - including a dedicated mobile judge app, social-style discussion tools for games, and the ability for judges and contestants to easily connect to resolve technical problems.

With over 200 distinguished judges discussing and recommending titles for named, discipline-specific juries in each of the seven main categories, IGF 2013 will announce its finalists in January 2013, and award winners at Game Developers Conference 2013 in San Francisco this March.

Finalists and winners of the Independent Games Festival since its 1999 debut have included landmark indie games such as Braid, World of Goo, Super Meat Boy, Portal predecessor Narbacular Drop, Minecraft, and a host of other seminal titles. Valve joins other supporters of the 2013 IGF including media sponsors Gamasutra and Game Developer magazine, as well as Platinum Sponsor Microsoft Studios and Platinum Student Showcase Sponsor DigiPen.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 7, 2012, 18:19 Hump

Im kinda digging Starforge despite its roughness. theres an insane amount of potential there.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 20:39 Reactor

I'd buy Gunpoint for the guy's perspective on Kickstarter alone.  

7. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 19:09 ASeven

Been following Gunpoint for a long time by now, one of my most wanted indie games.

Also, you guys should look into Spy Party. It is, along with Monaco, the indie game I want the most right now.

6. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 19:06 Dev

jdreyer wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 19:00:
Also he's looking for a musician. Prez! Opportunity!
I bet the designer of gunpoint would take an offer for royalties with low initial payment. Then if the game becomes big, it could amount to some decent cash.

5. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 19:00 jdreyer

Gunpoint really does look awesome. I'd offer to help test, but 5000 people already have, so it's not looking good.

Love the look and what awesome gameplay. That crosslink gadget reminds me of that old Spy vs Spy game for the C64 where you'd link traps to objects.

The guy was wondering if it's good enough to get people to pay for it. I'd say this will easily fetch $10 a copy on Steam. Also he's looking for a musician. Prez! Opportunity!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

4. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 18:04 nin

Pretty damn cool on Steams part.

edit: Holy shit! Gun Point looks AWESOME! Day 1 purchase!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 17:48 Dev

coldcut wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 17:44:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 17:13:
it's all about gunpoint!

http://www.gunpointgame.com/
Looks amazing, the trailer is really nice! Instant buy when it's available
I agree. I like how he talks about trying to make sure various levels of solutions are there, including super complex ones for people who just like to play around with crazy ways to get past things, or simple ones if you buy a gadget and have charges left, for those who just want to beat it.

2. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 17:44 coldcut

DangerDog wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 17:13:
it's all about gunpoint!

Looks amazing, the trailer is really nice! Instant buy when it's available

1. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 17:13 DangerDog

it's all about gunpoint!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.