Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward

Dark Horizons has news that plans for a film based on the Splinter Cell franchise are now confirmed, as New Regency is officially teaming with Ubisoft on the project (thanks Ant). Here's word:

Ubisoft Motion Pictures CEO Jean-Julien Baronnet says "with actor Tom Hardy attached and screenwriter Eric Warren Singer to write the script, Ubisoft Motion Pictures will lead the development with the support of New Regency to bring the franchise to the big screen in a dynamic way.”

This is the second deal between Ubisoft and New Regency to adapt one of their high profile franchises. Two months ago the companies agreed to develop and produce a film adaptation of the acclaimed "Assassin’s Creed" video game series which Michael Fassbender has signed on to star in and produce.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 7, 2012, 01:41 netnerd85

NamecaF wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 22:57:
How could they not go with George Clooney?
Because he's a f*ck stain that can't act for sh*t. His droopy eyes and horrible unmanly voice just don't cut it for any movie.

[edit] ok, bit harsh? but come on, he is no leading man: see batman and robin

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2012, 04:21.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 22:57 NamecaF

How could they not go with George Clooney?

Evidence 1

Evidence 2

7. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 17:57 jdreyer

Isn't Cranston a bit old for the role? Hardy's a great actor and has been doing action roles of late.

I think Eric Bana would have been a good choice (the father in Hanna and Hoot in Black Hawk Down). He's got the look: tall, dark, and athletic. He's done some military roles, so has experience in that kind of movie.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 15:37 SectorEffector

Bryan Cranston would be beyond amazing. I always envisioned clooney  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

5. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 13:32 NegaDeath

If they make the movie like how I play the games it'll be boring as hell.

Wait...wait.....oh he turned around...wait..WAIT....WAAAIIIIITTTT....and knock him out.

I'm guessing they'll Michael Bay it up a notch.

4. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 12:52 Fibrocyte

Tom Hardy will do well. He'll make it work.

If you're looking for an awful cast choice then see Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. Ugh.

3. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 12:38 Cutter

Yeah, I love Hardy as an actor but he doesn't seem right for the role. Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone good for it atm.

Edit: Actually someone like an American Daniel Craig type would be good.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 11:41 Quboid

Tom Hardy as Sam Fisher? They could do worse. He's a bit short, but I've yet to see him fail to excel in a role so that's a trade-off worth considering. I suppose Bryan Cranston is an obvious choice now. I wonder if Jose Enrique would be up for the role.  

- Quboid

1. Re: Splinter Cell Film Moves Forward Dec 6, 2012, 11:39 The Half Elf

Seriously how do you do this properly without dubbing Ironside's voice?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo