Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored DLC Trailer

The Bethesda Blog has a new trailer from Dunwall City Trials, the Dishonored DLC recently announced for release next week. Here's word on what this brings to the stealthy assassination game:

Dunwall City Trials will include 10 challenge maps that will test and track your combat, stealth and mobility skills. Creatively combine your supernatural abilities, weapons and gadgets to eliminate as many targets as possible, fight off waves of tallboys, guards, weepers and thugs, or take out targets in a non-stop run of drop assassinations. Dunwall City Trials also features a new set of achievements and trophies as well as a global online leaderboard.

Accomodating the trailer is Dan Bull’s “Dishonored Rap” track. You can listen to the full track on his YouTube Channel.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 16:20 TrevorC

I had the issue with Slackjaw attacking me. I just reloaded and he didn't attack me that time. To be fair, I did poison his well and kill a bunch of his dudes in the art dealer's apartment. Anyway the second time worked fine.

Regarding non-lethal methods. In most cases non-lethal methods will present themselves to you in eavesdropping or being approached by a character.

For the first guy, I've done it a number of ways. Usually I just sleep dart them both and take them out the window so they can't be found.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 14:23 Ratty

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 12:44:
Enh, it was a decent game overall but it wasn't quite a Thief, DX, Bioshock.
And Bioshock was no System Shock 2. Still it was a good game.

13. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 14:03 Raptor

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 12:21:
*spoiler tags in use*

In the first mission you need to kill him and you can save the uncle. So I went to the office and switched the cups (first time). So I googled to see if anything else could be done with the Uncle. Turns out you can spill both drinks, they go down to his secret lair and you can either kill him or knock him out to save the uncle. Well also if you knock the guy out, you can take his body back to the interrogation room, go get the brand and brand him. This is the part that bugged the shit out of me. You have the really awesome cool way to do a non-lethal mission and there isn't a single hint or anything that suggest you could do this. I'd like to see all the cool bits in the game, but hate spoiling them by having to google them as well

I almost did that, but decided to assassinate eventually (drink switch)
Hints were in the books about the procedure and what it means, then you found the interrigation room and the branding stick which was marked as a quest item.

Rest wasn't laid out as far as I recall, but I figured you would have have to get him back to the room somehow, so probably knocking out.

What I loved is that it didn't list any options straight away and you had to find out everything yourself either by accident, reading around or talking to people.

I imagine a lot of people could have had issues with the lack of constant direction and a lack of someone dictating your every move to you over an earpiece.

Granny was awesome!

12. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 13:44 Creston

Gaze upon that still shot of the leaderboard up there, my friends. It will be the only time you will see said leaderboard without cheaters being in the top 500 spots, with 1894328274950928271 Pts

Creston

11. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 13:17 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 13:11:

<sleep dart to Cutter's right butt cheek>

Have you ever had half of your ass fall asleep? IT IS NOT FUN!

BAD nin BAD!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 13:11 nin

<sleep dart to Cutter's right butt cheek>

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 12:44 Cutter

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 12:34 Agent.X7

There were hints in the game on how to do that mission non-lethal. You have to find them.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 12:21 The Half Elf

*spoiler tags in use*

In the first mission you need to kill him and you can save the uncle. So I went to the office and switched the cups (first time). So I googled to see if anything else could be done with the Uncle. Turns out you can spill both drinks, they go down to his secret lair and you can either kill him or knock him out to save the uncle. Well also if you knock the guy out, you can take his body back to the interrogation room, go get the brand and brand him. This is the part that bugged the shit out of me. You have the really awesome cool way to do a non-lethal mission and there isn't a single hint or anything that suggest you could do this. I'd like to see all the cool bits in the game, but hate spoiling them by having to google them as well

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 11:58 SpectralMeat

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 11:50:
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS AND I AIN'T USING TAGS*

Ok I have a major beef with Dishonored. First example was going after the first guy. You could poison him (which i thought was the only outcome), but I was trying to figure out a way to save the girl's uncle. So after some googling I find out there is a really AWESOME way to 'stick it' to the guy, that I had NO CLUE about and only stumbled across while googling.
Next up is the twins at the Golden Cat. I ran it 'my way' and stumbled across the girl by accident, and decided to go the non-lethal route and let the gangster deal with them. Did the mission, went back to him and turned in the mission, he suddenly attacks me and I fail the mission?!?

Also I HATE backtracking in games, with a passion. Not to mention when trying to get into the Golden Cat there are TONS of invisible walls, as I should have easily been able to blink into the place from the water and ledges.

Story is great so far, voice acting is spot on (especially Granny), visuals are great, but would have expected a little more objective based info. I guess I'm more use to to all objectives being on 1 map instead of several, because I didn't know I could go through the dog pens during the first mission to gain access.

I've had no problem with either one of those missions you've described, and I did not google anything about this game yet. Maybe I was just lucky and stumbled upon the right way to complete those missions not sure.
I am really liking the game so far.
Not sure about this DLC though, maybe I'll get it on sale or something. Ones I finished the main game I want to play something else for a little, so many awesome games available so little time.

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 11:57 nin

. It's probably too soon to hope for some kind of holiday sale though, right?

Ouch. It was down to $22.50 over thanksgiving...

4. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 11:56 Ratty

OK, lots of good impressions on Blues about Dishonored so I guess this will fill up my time for my upcoming two-week Xmas vacation. It's probably too soon to hope for some kind of holiday sale though, right? Just finished replaying Fallout 3 this time with all the DLC I hadn't gotten before so I'm casting around for something new until then. Maybe I'll get around to finishing Starcraft 2.  

3. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 11:54 nin

and decided to go the non-lethal route and let the gangster deal with them. Did the mission, went back to him and turned in the mission, he suddenly attacks me and I fail the mission?!?

I went non lethal, but didn't have that issue. Sounds like a bug?

Story is great so far, voice acting is spot on (especially Granny),

Susan Sarandon, if you can believe that. I never would have guessed it.

2. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 11:50 The Half Elf

*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS AND I AIN'T USING TAGS*

Ok I have a major beef with Dishonored. First example was going after the first guy. You could poison him (which i thought was the only outcome), but I was trying to figure out a way to save the girl's uncle. So after some googling I find out there is a really AWESOME way to 'stick it' to the guy, that I had NO CLUE about and only stumbled across while googling.
Next up is the twins at the Golden Cat. I ran it 'my way' and stumbled across the girl by accident, and decided to go the non-lethal route and let the gangster deal with them. Did the mission, went back to him and turned in the mission, he suddenly attacks me and I fail the mission?!?

Also I HATE backtracking in games, with a passion. Not to mention when trying to get into the Golden Cat there are TONS of invisible walls, as I should have easily been able to blink into the place from the water and ledges.

Story is great so far, voice acting is spot on (especially Granny), visuals are great, but would have expected a little more objective based info. I guess I'm more use to to all objectives being on 1 map instead of several, because I didn't know I could go through the dog pens during the first mission to gain access.

1. Re: Dishonored DLC Trailer Dec 6, 2012, 10:43 nin

Oh dear, it's a Dunwall rap...

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo