Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 14:45 Mashiki Amiketo

LittleMe wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 11:14:
I'd like to see a compatibility list for the huge catalog of PC games released in the past five to ten years. That's my biggest concern with Win8: not being able to play even one of my existing games puts me off.
Everything I've tried so far works, even some of the more esoteric games that refused to run under Win7 work fine under Win8 like Klingon Academy and SFC. Both of which were surprising. Despite people saying games like WC3/TFT wouldn't work, or there was no audio I had no problems with either of those.

Most of the problems I've run across have been from installers that "don't play nice" or try to write keys that no longer exist. Or their installers are simply broken like Jade Empire or ME2--ME2 is good. Let's add the little "TM" symbol and break everything on one the installers and so on.

PS:T, FO/FO2/FoT all work. Other infinity engine games work like BG/BG2 and so on. NWN/NWN2, older RTS games as well.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 14:00 DangerDog

Is Apple privy to inside information in the form of a new value added tax for all goods imported into the united states?

Apple won't get taxed for this move, if anything they'll get financial assistance and tax relief for doing it.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 12:47 Cutter

In a separate interview with Bloomberg Businessweek, he said that the company will spend $100 million in 2013 to move production of the line to the U.S. from China.

And then we see the reality. Tax those fuckers! Tax the piss out of them!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 12:36 Verno

LittleMe wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 11:14:
I'd like to see a compatibility list for the huge catalog of PC games released in the past five to ten years. That's my biggest concern with Win8: not being able to play even one of my existing games puts me off.

Like most things Windows 8, compatibility is pretty much exactly the same as Windows 7. Just stick to your regular desktop stuff and avoid anything with the store. If you already have Windows 7 then I wouldn't even bother upgrading, there is nothing really interesting for gamers in Windows 8 they don't already have in 7. It's not a case of better or worse, brand loyalty or etc, there just isn't much reason to bother. If you're building a new box then it depends on the cost of both at that time IMHO.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 11:14 LittleMe

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo