Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

R.I.P.: Dave Brubeck, Jazz Musician, Dies at 91. MrsBlue and I had tickets to see him last year, but the show got cancelled.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2012, 05:14 netnerd85

Day away from 92, bugger.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2012, 20:29 Cutter

Always liked his work. I'm a fan of classic jazz but the experimental stuff leaves me cold. Saw him many, many moons ago and it was a fantastic show. Though the best jazz performance I've seen live would probably have to go to Oscar Peterson. Oddly enough a lot of my social circle are pretty into jazz - and jazz musicians too - even moreso than I.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2012, 20:10 Mordecai Walfish

Agreed! Sounds like he's had a full life, and his great music is a reflection of that.

This man has penned & performed some true classics.

1. Re: Into the Black Dec 5, 2012, 19:19 nin

Another I'd heard of but not familiar with. But still - 91? A lot of folks would kill for that. And to do something you like as a career is just icing on the cake.

Good for him.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo