Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories

Rockstar Games announces the Painful Memories DLC is now available for Max Payne 3:

Available today across all platforms, the Painful Memories multiplayer DLC for Max Payne 3 packs plenty of punch with four new maps, two new avatar factions plus a host of new items for your arsenal. The pack is now available for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE and $9.99 on PlayStation Network and PC. Players who purchased the Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass can download the pack free of charge. The Rockstar Pass is currently available for 2400 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) or $29.99 on PSN/PC.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 7, 2012, 01:30 Sepharo

Quinn wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 04:41:
Just a stupid, alcoholic fuck with a fucked up and meaningless life.

Yeah that alcoholic guy with the alcoholic parents who died when he was a kid whose wife and child were murdered and then his lover/assassin was killed when she refused to kill him. He got revenge. And then his life was meant to be super meaningful. So he tried to force it getting involved in something he shouldn't care about... to save his soul or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 6, 2012, 14:35 Prez

Never got that complaint; never will. Max Payne is a theme, not a setting. To say that all Max Payne games have to take place exclusively in a rainy, perpetually dark urban cesspool to me is missing the point of Max Payne entirely.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 6, 2012, 04:41 Quinn

Spot on my ass. We went from dark, melancholic new york alleys to some ridiculous mexican cartel pro-bandit bs world. No shit, ofc, with RS being the dev.

I loved Max Payne 1 + 2 to an almost sick extend. Everything in those games grabbed me. The dialogue, the action, the story, the characters. Max Payne 3 had none of those things that made me love the first 2 games. Just a stupid, alcoholic fuck with a fucked up and meaningless life.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 20:24 Prez

Slashman wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:55:
TheBigVlad wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:28:
I know there's not a lot of love for this game here but I absolutely loved it. For me the issues with the frequent cutscenes and stylistic presentation were drowned out by how engaged I was in the story. I also admit I'm a little biased since the first two games were some of my favorites of all time, so getting to play as Max again really satisfied my nostalgia. Haven't touched multiplayer though.

I think that's the point here.

I love the single player part of it. Max Payne was built on that. The fact that no DLC is anything other than MP is really odd in my mind.

I came close to loving the third game. In truth I really wasn't bothered by the frequent cutscenes at all. I played only single player (I can't understand what the attraction of a multiplayer Max Payne game would be but they keep pumping these mappacks out so I guess people are buying them), and mostly found it to be an excellent Max Payne. What almost sunk it for me though was the mandatory cover system. There were many firefights in the game that you simply could not win without using cover. Max Payne has never been about crouching behind walls; it's all about stylized action involving diving around acrobatically while slowing time and shooting a million bullets at baddies in a chaotic dance of death. When you get to do that in 3, it is glorious. But in certain parts I died so many times trying to play that way that I wanted to put my fist through the monitor. Only when I grudgingly used the cover system did I win. It felt forced, and it felt wrong for a Max Payne game. Everything else, from the hammy dialog to the ridiculously over-the-top story was spot on for Max Payne.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 16:34 siapnar

Yep I'd much rather have DLC that gives us side modes similar to MP2. Just endless respawing enemies to decimate. So fun.

Instead we get maps and modes for MP that nobody plays.

I have projectile dysfunction.
------------------------------
Playing: Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, DiRT 2, Trials Frontier

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 11:55 Slashman

TheBigVlad wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:28:
I know there's not a lot of love for this game here but I absolutely loved it. For me the issues with the frequent cutscenes and stylistic presentation were drowned out by how engaged I was in the story. I also admit I'm a little biased since the first two games were some of my favorites of all time, so getting to play as Max again really satisfied my nostalgia. Haven't touched multiplayer though.

I think that's the point here.

I love the single player part of it. Max Payne was built on that. The fact that no DLC is anything other than MP is really odd in my mind.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 11:18 DangerDog

I don't get the amount of multiplayer DLC they've released for this game, did they think it was going to be the next call of duty?  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 10:28 TheBigVlad

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 10:17 Strango

Has the co-op DLC fallen through the cracks?  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo