Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Paradox Interactive's New New York Office

Stockholm-based publisher Paradox Interactive announces plans to open a new office in New York City's historic flatiron district, expanding their U.S. presence. They are conducting a grand opening next week, explaining: "Paradox Interactive CEO Fredrik Wester, along with the rest of the executive team, will be present at the inauguration to speak with attendees about the upcoming changes for the company. Plans for the new office include strengthening global distribution and sales, as well as looking into emerging markets and business segments."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 19:49 MajorD

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 18:09:
Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 17:50:
If I had the dough I'd live in Manhattan in a second.

A lot of people think that way, which is why so many companies are flocking back to NYC. If you need bright young minds it's the best place to be. So many startups are there (due to major financial incentives allowing it, as well as the talent pool) and companies such as Macy's, Diageo, etc., have moved significant operational areas there to capture the talent base.

But yeah, I don't see Paradox really needing that talent base.
I'll definitely keep an eye on their Careers page, though. Getting back to NYC from the midwest has become top priority.

Yeah, if I was filthy rich (i'm just filthy Wink ), I'd love to have a vacation place in the Upper East Side.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 18:09 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 17:50:

A lot of people think that way, which is why so many companies are flocking back to NYC. If you need bright young minds it's the best place to be. So many startups are there (due to major financial incentives allowing it, as well as the talent pool) and companies such as Macy's, Diageo, etc., have moved significant operational areas there to capture the talent base.

But yeah, I don't see Paradox really needing that talent base.
I'll definitely keep an eye on their Careers page, though. Getting back to NYC from the midwest has become top priority.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 17:50 Cutter

mag wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 17:21:
Opening offices in places like New York mostly seems like a good way to lose a lot of money very quickly.

But it's a great way to get back...back in the New York groove.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

6. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 17:21 mag

Opening offices in places like New York mostly seems like a good way to lose a lot of money very quickly.  

5. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 15:28 NewMaxx

Prez wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 14:47:
I love Paradox strategy games. The only changes the company needs in my view is to ship finished working products.

I welcome this move. I've ordered retail (box) games from them in the past, and on barge from Sweden it takes 6-8 weeks. By the time it got here, it has a lot of significant patches and even some DLC, but quite honestly I'd preferred to have it sooner.

4. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 14:47 Prez

I love Paradox strategy games. The only changes the company needs in my view is to ship finished working products.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 13:50 owyn999

Strictly speaking it would be their New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New,New York office but for simplicities sake we'll just call it their New, New York office  

2. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 12:39 NewMaxx

Your mom's an emerging market!  

1. Re: Paradox Interactive's New New York Office Dec 4, 2012, 11:55 Quboid

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/31274114.jpg  

- Quboid

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo