Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Specs

The Crysis 3 Website now offers system specifications for Crysis 3, the next installment in Crytek's shooter series (thanks VG247). They outline the typical minimum and recommended systems for playing the game, as well as a "hi-performance" spec for the ultimate experience:

MINIMUM SYSTEM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS FOR PC:

• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
  • DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
  • Dual core CPU
  • 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
  • Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):
  • Nvidia GTS 450
  • Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
  • Example 2 (AMD):
  • AMD Radeon HD5770
  • AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM OPERATING REQUIREMENTS FOR PC:

• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
  • Quad core GPU
  • 4GB Memory
  • Nvidia GTX 560
  • Intel Core i3-530
  • Example 2 (AMD):
  • AMD Radeon HD5870
  • AMD Phenom II X2 565

HI-PERFORMANCE PC SPECIFICATIONS:

• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
  • Latest quad core CPU
  • 8GB Memory
  • NVidia GTX 680
  • Intel Core i7-2600k
  • Example 2 (AMD):
  • AMD Radeon HD7970
  • AMD Bulldozer FX4150

View
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

59. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 10:53 Ant

I can't play it.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

58. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 09:12 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 08:53:
Far Cry 3 has destructible foliage, the best vehicle physics, the best fire physics and it has explosion physics (vehicles, bodies, objects, etc).

The foliage destruction is basic at best and I've already mentioned the ragdolling and other basic physics, they are nothing to write home about. The fire effect is straight out of Far Cry 2 and just as limited, fire burns for a set period and has hard coded limits on spread range.

The lack of one feature doesn't make the engine / game inferior to a five year old game that includes it

I never said it did, read the posts. I said I would take the Crysis physics implementation over Far Cry 3s physics. Far Cry 3 is a better game to me and I've even said so but Crysis had a better overall physics implementation.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

57. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 08:53 theyarecomingforyou

Dades wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 07:13:
I'll take some exaggerated physics over Far Cry 3 having nothing but ragdolling.
Far Cry 3 has destructible foliage, the best vehicle physics, the best fire physics and it has explosion physics (vehicles, bodies, objects, etc). It doesn't have collapsible buildings which is a shame (though I'd rather see Frostbite style destruction than CryEngine) but considering how much the game does right that's not a huge concern for me - Skyrim didn't have them either and it was still a classic game.

The lack of one feature doesn't make the engine / game inferior to a five year old game that includes it, otherwise Crysis was inferior to Half-Life 2 because the lip-sync wasn't as good. You've got to look at the games as a whole and visually, technically and in terms of gameplay FC3 offers a lot better experience than Crysis.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

56. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 07:31 InBlack

Im sure Crysis3 will be GFXWHORZs' wetdream, bringing even the most powerful computers of its time to their knees as is the proud tradition with Crytek's PC games.

Im also sure that the gameplay will suck major balls, as is the proud tradition with Crytek's PC (and console) games...

I have a nifty blue line!

55. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 07:13 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 04:43:
I don't really agree. I thought the physics in Crysis were hugely exaggerated, with buildings designed to collapse at the drop of a hat - everywhere you walked there was another prefab hut waiting to fall apart. The foliage destruction was good though, as it allowed for those Rambo-like momenets. The destruction physics in Bad Company 2 - though still overly exaggerated - is still amongst the best we've seen to date, both in implementation and enjoyability.

I'll take some exaggerated physics over Far Cry 3 having nothing but ragdolling.

54. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 4, 2012, 04:43 theyarecomingforyou

4D-Boxing wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 20:56:
I wonder if its a case of everything looks better up close meaning that the draw distance is heavily reduced?
The draw distance is focused on what's nearby but that's true of every open world game. Could it be improved? Absolutely, but it's already one of the most demanding games out there.

To be 100% honest your screen shots do not convince me either. Could just be the resolution since I run 2560x1600 or just the pic format.
All my screenshots are 2560x1600, so I assume what you mean is you're not running that resolution? Even so, all modern browsers automatically resize large images to fit on screen.

Dades wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 21:07:
What Crysis has over Far Cry 3 is proper physics and little touches like foliage destruction. Really disappointed in Far Cry 3 there.
I don't really agree. I thought the physics in Crysis were hugely exaggerated, with buildings designed to collapse at the drop of a hat - everywhere you walked there was another prefab hut waiting to fall apart. The foliage destruction was good though, as it allowed for those Rambo-like momenets. The destruction physics in Bad Company 2 - though still overly exaggerated - is still amongst the best we've seen to date, both in implementation and enjoyability.

Performance wise FC3 pushes even top-end systems - at least with current drivers and pre-patch - so I'm not really sure what they could had added. In terms of VRAM it maxes out 2GB cards at 2560x1600, so anything more would have prevented 95% of gamers from enjoying it.

PS - It hasn't been mentioned yet but the game world in Far Cry 3 is dramatically larger than Crysis and without load screens, aside from quick-travel. Technologically Crysis and Crysis 2 don't compete.

53. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 23:30 Sepharo

Jerykk wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 23:08:
Rant: I want a game that has Deathmatch...old school free for all. I cant believe I have to play COD4 Broadcast map to get a real DM game ( the map that the last 2 good servers I frequent runs). Oh and one has turbo mode that increases the speed and that's just bliss, no one spawning and laying down lol just pure carnage and one man army skills. yes I'm old but my twitch skills are still better than teenagers 25 years younger than me. If Chris Roberts can stir up interest in space sims, why cant someone do the same with old school DM?!?!

TF2, Tribes Ascend, Quake Live, Warsow, Nexuiz, UT3... there are still active games that have old-school DM in them.

With the exception of Tribes Ascend most of those games are getting pretty old. Not that there's anything wrong with that... and it's not like the ol' CS formula is anything new either. I know I'm a damn broken record about this but I think GG-DM is the pinnacle of MP FPS gameplay. It drops the map-weapon management you see in Quake and UT where you must memorize the weapon/item locations and routes between them but still forces you to be good with every weapon. You have a team but there can only be one winner so you're in competition with them for the enemy kills. Campers never win because they can't kill fast enough. It's a race to get a kill with every weapon (usually twice on most servers), a nade kill, and a knife kill. And keep in mind that the knife kill is against 15 rushers with automatic weapons who instantly respawn.

edit: Oh something about Crysis 3. There.

52. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 23:08 Jerykk

Rant: I want a game that has Deathmatch...old school free for all. I cant believe I have to play COD4 Broadcast map to get a real DM game ( the map that the last 2 good servers I frequent runs). Oh and one has turbo mode that increases the speed and that's just bliss, no one spawning and laying down lol just pure carnage and one man army skills. yes I'm old but my twitch skills are still better than teenagers 25 years younger than me. If Chris Roberts can stir up interest in space sims, why cant someone do the same with old school DM?!?!

TF2, Tribes Ascend, Quake Live, Warsow, Nexuiz, UT3... there are still active games that have old-school DM in them.

51. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 23:07 4D-Boxing

Sepharo

Thanks for info, I really appreciate the gesture.

Now I know what i'll be doing this weekend. Unless my HAF XB arrives

50. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 21:11 Sepharo

If you want twitch DM like that you should play some GunGame on CS:GO.

49. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 21:07 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 17:42:
Far Cry 3 vs. Crysis 1 is pretty close, but Crysis 2 and Far Cry 2 don't compare to that at all...

Far Cry 3 is an improvement on Crysis visually if you play with a high end card with everything dialed up. Crysis was a pioneering title graphically but it has been surpassed. What Crysis has over Far Cry 3 is proper physics and little touches like foliage destruction. Really disappointed in Far Cry 3 there.

48. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 20:56 4D-Boxing

theyarecomingforyou I cant contest your claims since I do not have Far Cry 3.

I wonder if its a case of everything looks better up close meaning that the draw distance is heavily reduced? Not that they used a console FOV but a similar impact visually? The Closest thing up to now was BF3 that being said, Metro looks better in some aspects but everything seemed to be up close no large vistas (at least from the benchmarks and the first little part of the game when you head into that refuge) . That's the type of scenario I'm referring to.

To be 100% honest your screen shots do not convince me either. Could just be the resolution since I run 2560x1600 or just the pic format.
The way technology evolves, its very possible that what you say is true.

47. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 19:25 PHJF

Not to mention Crysis' trees and huts were destructible...

Wait, I am mentioning that. Far Cry 3 looks pretty good up close but I'm not seeing any draw-dropping vistas, and on exotic virtual islands I fully expect lots of peaceful mountaintop sunrises and romantic beach-side sunsets. Fully expect.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

46. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 19:03 Muscular Beaver

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 18:52:
Far Cry 3 vs. Crysis 1 is pretty close
lol? Anxious

But seriously, you can't have played Far Cry 3 if you think Crysis is "pretty close" visually. I could keep posting screenshots but I doubt it would change your mind.

Looks like a souped up Far Cry 1. View distance is pretty low, so its actually worse in some aspects.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

45. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 19:02 theyarecomingforyou

yuastnav wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 18:40:
I had to quite Far Cry 2 after about 2 hours because of a similar reason. Something was really off.
Personally I think that I didn't like the handling of the vehicles (which is excusable) and I didn't like the shooting, i.e. it didn't feel very good (which, in a FPS, is not excusable).
The default FOV is pretty narrow, though the game added a widescreen option in one of the patches to increase it - that irritates some people. As for the shooting, I thought that was actually one of the strengths of Far Cry 2 - imo, it nailed the core mechanics but fell apart with the repetitive AI gimmicks (running you over, vehicle chases) and narrative / open-world gameplay. The only issue at the beginning is that weapons reliability is terrible and you need diamonds for the accuracy upgrades - that'll be the issue you're describing if you were only a couple of hours in. And the vehicles were the best implementation of vehicles in a FPS at that point, though the vehicles were dramatically over used (it got pretty tedious) - something that has been addressed in Far Cry 3 (and the handling is much improved).

44. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 18:52 theyarecomingforyou

Far Cry 3 vs. Crysis 1 is pretty close
lol? Anxious

But seriously, you can't have played Far Cry 3 if you think Crysis is "pretty close" visually. I could keep posting screenshots but I doubt it would change your mind.

43. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 18:40 yuastnav

Beamer wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 13:44:
[...] only spent about 20 minutes in Far Cry 2 (really didn't like something about it), and have yet to play Far Cry 3 (but I will), so I'm judging the posted screenshots only.

I had to quite Far Cry 2 after about 2 hours because of a similar reason. Something was really off.
Personally I think that I didn't like the handling of the vehicles (which is excusable) and I didn't like the shooting, i.e. it didn't feel very good (which, in a FPS, is not excusable).
Maybe it was also that it was in a more desert like area.
I really loved Boiling Point which was set in Columbia afaik, kind of a tropical region. And while I should have loved Precursors (despite the bugs but since it was similar to Boiling Point I still wanted to play it) I couldn't get into it - again, maybe because everything looked so yellow. Though I am not sure.
Loved Far Cry (until the mutants came, which was the time I quit playing it) though, the green, tropical regions were far more interesting than the yellow rocky deserts of Far Cry 2.

42. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 17:42 jacobvandy

Far Cry 3 vs. Crysis 1 is pretty close, but Crysis 2 and Far Cry 2 don't compare to that at all...  

41. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 17:00 Fantaz

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 16:57:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 16:03:
PS - Far Cry 3 has boobies! (it was blurry in-game; I need to take a better shot)

OMG WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF TEH CHILDREN!!!

Creston

Those are some fine boobs too.

40. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 16:57 Creston

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 16:03:
PS - Far Cry 3 has boobies! (it was blurry in-game; I need to take a better shot)

OMG WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF TEH CHILDREN!!!

Creston

59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo