Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sir, You Are Being Funded

The Kickstarter for Sir, You Are Being Hunted has concluded, and Big Robot has secured more than double its 40,000 funding goal for this unusual survival shooter project, though they fell short of the 100,000 they set as a goal to trigger the addition of character creation and customization, but say they will try to provide some aspects of that since they came so close. They also announce that all this means their release date may slip: "With plans to add a lot more content via stretch goals, it's sensible for us to say that the current July 2013 release goal might be subject to some slippage. We're still aiming for that date, of course, and we'll keep you guys aprised [sic] of any changes. That early-access test date will come as early as we can possibly manage." Thanks nin.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Sir, You Are Being Funded Dec 3, 2012, 13:26 Tumbler

I'm very interested to see the finished product. I didn't fund it but I can see this becoming a huge hit ala minecraft assuming the worlds are procedurally generated. I can see this being crazy fun if it's done right.

I wonder what Minecraft would have looked like if he did a kickstarter? The point when I joined up the game seemed pretty far along, technically in beta I believe, and you could watch let's play clips on you tube.

I'm very curious to compare how games looked when doing their kickstarters compared to when they were completed. I think it's going to be really cool to see the kinds of things that get gamers / funders interested enough to jump on board versus pass. Some folks like Proj Eternity have little more than concept art while others have presentations that show prototype gameplay (planetary annihilation) and both get funded while others do not.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Sir, You Are Being Funded Dec 3, 2012, 10:23 nin

I tossed in 10 pounds at the last minute via their PP page. Looking forward to it. I loved one of the last videos, where the designer is trying to distract a group of robets (to quote Zoidberg) and gets ambushed by another group and killed.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo