Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Return to Return to Infinite Space

Digital Eel Announces an update to Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space after reacquiring the rights to their wacky space adventure sequel. The game is also now on sale through IndieGameStand as a pay-what-you-want deal, and those who beat the average price will get the game along with a bonus pack of user created modifications. Here's a refresher on the game:

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a hybrid roguelike game of space adventure and starship combat set within an unexplored region of the galaxy known as the Purple Void. Each game is an instant randomly generated space opera that plays to its conclusion in one sitting. The quirky universe of Infinite Space has enough variety to surprise you each time you replay the game.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Return to Return to Infinite Space Dec 4, 2012, 09:45 Shadowcat

Weird Worlds is awesome.

It's not a lot like FTL, but both games are rogue-likes set in space, so naturally they do share some properties.

(Personally I like Weird Worlds much more than FTL.)

YMMV of course, but it's a pay-what-you-want price (for a game I happily paid the original asking price of $25 for, knowing from its predecessor that I would well and truly get my money's worth), and it's DRM-free (but also gives you Steam and Desura keys), so there's virtually no reason not to get this.

Heck, if you spent a dollar just to get to watch the battles on the main menu screen, I think you'd be happy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Return to Return to Infinite Space Dec 3, 2012, 20:28 Sepharo

jimnms wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 20:23:
Flatline wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 14:33:
Basically, it's going to play like a faster version of FTL, with a slightly more tactical combat screen and less crew/system management.

So you're basically saying it's nothing like FTL. From the video it looks like a mix of SPAZ and GSB.

It's very much like FTL but without the crew/system management.

You have a limited amount of time to explore the galaxy, at locations you encounter enemies (flee/fight/trade), events, and stores. You upgrade your ship with swappable/tradeable items. You can unlock new ships, build your own.

3. Re: Return to Return to Infinite Space Dec 3, 2012, 20:23 jimnms

Basically, it's going to play like a faster version of FTL, with a slightly more tactical combat screen and less crew/system management.

So you're basically saying it's nothing like FTL. From the video it looks like a mix of SPAZ and GSB.

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: Return to Return to Infinite Space Dec 3, 2012, 15:04 Dev

I remember buying this YEARS ago
I got it a long time ago too.
Definitely worth at least $1.

1. Re: Return to Return to Infinite Space Dec 3, 2012, 14:33 Flatline

I remember buying this YEARS ago thanks to a plug from home of the underdogs.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo