Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve offers the following list of the 10 bestselling games for the past week on their Steam service:

1. Dishonored
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. Torchlight II
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  5. Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  6. The Witcher: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  7. Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition
  8. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  9. Far Cry 3
  10. Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 14:32 Verno

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 13:58:
I do not get the Dishonored love either. It got me thinking about the statistics that were released a few years back. They said something about this tengible difference of opinion between European gamers and American gamers. I should look it up again. Those results were very telling.

Judging by the results I see from UK sales lists with football manager selling like Call of Duty and Call of Duty still selling like...Call of Duty, I wouldn't say European gamers are more discerning than anyone else. Dishonored isn't even a traditional mainstream title like any of those. People just have different taste, imagine that.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 14:06 Creston

PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 12:15:
It's basically a part of the game, really.

And there's the problem?

Fair enough, but like I said, activate the game and download the user-friendly RELOADED .exe and you'll never have to see the Uplay thing again.

Creston

38. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 13:58 Eldaron Imotholin

I do not get the Dishonored love either. It got me thinking about the statistics that were released a few years back. They said something about this tengible difference of opinion between European gamers and American gamers. I should look it up again. Those results were very telling.

I'm shocked to see FC3 at 9th place. I hope it will rise closer to the 1st. I am enjoying that game a lot. The game crashes my display driver occasionally though. I'm not sure if it is my gtx680 overheating or something else. It does "feel" hardware related: The game freezes, screen turns black (and I see this HDMI 1 signal blinking on my screen while, I think, my GPU resets itself) and I pop back to windows and I have to manually end FC3's process. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 12:15 PHJF

It's basically a part of the game, really.

And there's the problem? I use Steam. I'm not a Steam fanboy and Steam has caused me problems in the past (and still does, with NS2), but I threw my lot in with Valve and I'm not going to juggle whatever DRM scheme every which publisher comes up with. The last Ubi game I got for PC was Prince of Persia way back when, and while it was a decent game I only purchased it as a sign of good faith for their not shipping it with any DRM whatsoever. Now we have uplay, so that clearly didn't work.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 11:56 Creston

PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 09:33:
So instead I just ordered a new $100 keyboard from Amazon instead of new games.

Doesn't really have the same feel to it, does it?

You could just get AC3 and FC3 and use the people-friendly .exe? To be fair, other than it being a rather involved and annoying startup sequence (click AC3 icon, watch Steam process it, confirm UAC request to install something, watch Steam install, watch Uplay come up, click on Play game,) Uplay really doesn't get in the way. It's running when I'm playing AC3, and other than that it doesn't run. It's basically a part of the game, really.

At least Ubisoft hasn't (yet) gone the stupid way of EA by forcing people to buy games only on their own shitty digital delivery system.

Creston

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 10:47 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 10:44:
Quinn wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 09:15:
Dishonored at #1.

What has this world turned in to. I can write a freaking book about all the crap that Dishonored is.
Yeah I much prefer to see CoD in the #1 spot also

Thank god for the filter.

Now stop quoting him.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 10:44 SpectralMeat

Dishonored at #1.

What has this world turned in to. I can write a freaking book about all the crap that Dishonored is.
Yeah I much prefer to see CoD in the #1 spot also

Steam: SpectralMeat

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 09:33 PHJF

There is nothing else out, is there? Christmas season is supposed to be a big release time but PC gamers are left with their dicks in the wind. Shit, I almost bought Dishonored myself when I didn't like it the one time I got to play it. I'd love to get Creed 3 and Cry 3 on PC but would rather not buy into that uplay shit. So instead I just ordered a new $100 keyboard from Amazon instead of new games.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 09:28 Verno

Dishonored at #1.

You don't like Dishonored, that doesn't make it a bad game. Good games being #1, yes what has this world turned to! Smart

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 09:15 Quinn

Dishonored at #1.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 09:00 Dev

Crustacean Soup wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 17:02:
They're not ranking revenue, as far as I can tell, they're ranking sales. Not all games sell at the same price. Either way, free games don't 'sell' so they don't show up on the ranking.
The weekly is revenue (source is valve themselves, it was linked in another reply), the instant ones you see inside steam when you run it I think is sales, although its not specified.
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 18:18:
And Torchlight 2 being $10 instead of $20 only reinforces the point I was making. It brought in more revenue at $10 a copy than Black Ops 2 did at $60 a copy.
Which is frigging AWESOME
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 03:22:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 03:14:
I'm not sure GMG sales would count here, since those are keys redeemed on Steam, not Steam purchases.
Surely B2B sales are included though?
Since the weekly numbers from steam are NOT sales, no its NOT included. The weekly are revenue (see one of the other replies in this thread for link to source, its valve themselves saying its revenue).

So since its NOT sales, it can't possibly count any other source except direct steam purchases, since it could be any other price from any other retailer. Doesn't count amazon, GMG, all those massive sales from THQ humble bundle, etc.

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 08:09 SpectralMeat

Asmo wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 00:07:
Far Cry 3 is currently on sale at CJ's CD keys (UPlay version)
Thanks but I'd rather wait for the Steam version.
Even 25% off is more then nothing. When does the Steam Sale normally start?

Steam: SpectralMeat

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 05:35 Acleacius

Gratz, Dishonored!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 03:55 InBlack

Riker wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 00:12:
It's awesome to see Dishonored at the top. Am also surprised to see XCOM off the list, though!

As soon as XCom gets a nice sale of its own Im pretty sure it will pop right up.

I have a nifty blue line!

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 03:22 netnerd85

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 03:14:
I'm not sure GMG sales would count here, since those are keys redeemed on Steam, not Steam purchases.
Surely B2B sales are included though?

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 03:14 jacobvandy

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 03:08 netnerd85

Dishonored is up due to the Green Man Gaming sale and Steam sale but probably more so the GMG sale due to the fact that you could get it for $22.50, discount + coupon baby!  

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 00:12 Riker

It's awesome to see Dishonored at the top. Am also surprised to see XCOM off the list, though!  

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 3, 2012, 00:07 Asmo

Far Cry 3 is currently on sale at CJ's CD keys (UPlay version) for 22 pounds (34 AUD odd), but mileage may vary, I've had difficulty with CJ's in the past.

My current dance card is full re: games so I'm going to let it wait. Being SP, there's no rush for me to jump on it at 70 AUD (gotta love equivalent pricing, that's about 73 USD) on Steam.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 23:38 Creston

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 23:19:
Do you guys think FC3 will go on sale during the Steam Christmas sale? I want to get it but I should probably wait. Total Biscuit doesn't make waiting for that game to go on sale easy.

It might, but I doubt it'd be for more than 25% off. It typically takes a few months before they'll drop it more than that.

Creston

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo