Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Tech Bits

View
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 17:35 ASeven

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:50:
ASeven wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:10:
Dades wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:33:
The foot into the living room has cost them a lot and given them little in return.

Exactly, and now this is coming to bite them in the ass as people dump Windows8 for other platforms or simply stick with Win7. The traction MS wanted to gain over Apple will not happen and what will happen instead is that they realize far too late that Windows was and always will be their bread and butter and not consoles. Add to this the terrible direction that Win8 is moving towards and the sales numbers, the real ones, showing Win8 is doing far less sales than Vista did, and the nightmare scenario for MS is pretty much a given

Do you have a link to those "real" sales numbers? The only thing I can find about Windows 8 selling less than Vista is a ZDNet report using dubious sources to put it mildly. Not saying you're wrong. I have no dog in the Windows 8 fight as it were but as I understand, it's not selling horribly. PC sales are down, largely because the world economy is still in the dumps and people are realising they don't need new PCs every 2 years when all they do is surf the Internet.

Well, my numbers come from a lot of reports I subscribe and pay to from various financial firms who do market research and all that stuff. Right now Win8 sales are below Vista and well below Win7 and XP sales according to the reports. The licenses numbers is grossly overstated because most of those licenses doesn't translate into direct sales and revenue.

If these numbers hold up, Win8 will be the least sold Windows since WinME.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Dec 2, 15:24 Re: Sunday Tech Bits The Half Elf
  16. Dec 3, 08:31  Re: Sunday Tech Bits OldTimber
  2. Dec 2, 15:33 Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dades
  3. Dec 2, 16:10  Re: Sunday Tech Bits ASeven
  4. Dec 2, 16:50   Re: Sunday Tech Bits Parallax Abstraction
>> 7. Dec 2, 17:35    Re: Sunday Tech Bits ASeven
  8. Dec 2, 18:32     Re: Sunday Tech Bits beaves
  5. Dec 2, 17:04 Re: Sunday Tech Bits jacobvandy
  6. Dec 2, 17:12 Re: Sunday Tech Bits AdamK47
  9. Dec 2, 19:01 Re: Sunday Tech Bits DangerDog