Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Second Antharion Kickstarter

This Kickstarter revives the fundraising for Antharion, an old-school RPG that just missed its funding goal the first time around after a flurry of eleventh hour interest. They have reworked their pitch to capitalize on this momentum, and have already attracted 65% of their modest $10,000 goal. Here's a reminder of what developer Orphic Software hopes to achieve with this project: "Antharion is a hard-core dungeon crawling RPG set in a vast open fantasy world. What sets Antharion apart from other RPGs is how faithfully it recreates the experience of classics like Ultima, Wizardry and Pool of Radiance. Antharion combines an immense open world, deep tactical turn-based combat and a rich character creation system, with the distinctive look and feel of a traditional Western RPG. Antharion aims to breathe new life into an old genre."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 2, 2012, 11:21 Dades

No go, looks hideous.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 2, 2012, 10:00 Mordecai Walfish

Agreed. The art style in this game looks terrible to me. Unimaginative pogo avatar cartoons that would not be at all out of place on some shitty facebook social game.  

6. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 1, 2012, 23:12 Angrius Maximis

That art has to go. I can play Avadon/Avencast/Avernum and get the same type of game  

5. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 1, 2012, 17:03 Cutter

Yeah, I don't care how old school a CRPG this, if I can't stand looking at it I'm not going to play it. And I just can't stand this cutesy style art.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 15:30 HorrorScope

To me it's a continuation/update on Knights of the Chalice in a sense, which was great. Look forward to it. The only thing I'd knock it for is they went HUGE! The size is Daggerfall'ish, which to me is too big for it's own good kind of thing.

Still would have preferred a coop option, to me there are plenty of old DnD'ers out there, with families miles apart that wouldn't have a problem with the slower pace. Divinity Original Sin is the only one seeing the market.

3. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 1, 2012, 15:21 coldcut

It's kind of funny, I don't know if they added some money from the previous Kickstarter, or the ~250 people really backed about 25$ in average. This seems quite a lot to me, for this kind of game. From looking at the screenshots, I can immediately tell that I don't like the over-cartoony art style of the game. If they want to recapture the feel of the games the are aiming at (Wizardry, Ultima, Pool of Radiance - one of my favorite 'old-school' RPGs), those were not cartoony at all, this just does not fit in my opinion.  

2. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 1, 2012, 15:18 nin

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 15:05:
You think people are starting to catch on to these scams?

Why is it a scam? The gameplay/art style looks similar to Dungeons of Dredmor, which myself and a lot of other people liked.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 1, 2012, 15:05 Ozmodan

You think people are starting to catch on to these scams?  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo