Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Mobilization

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 2, 2012, 22:07 Ant

I am glad I don't have any mobile phones since I don't need one. Now, Internet landlines is a different story. :/  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 2, 2012, 14:45 UConnBBall

I blame Apple and their ONE SIDED deals with the carriers. My Sprint bill went up $40 a month after they inked a deal with Apple.

They get $34 a month from AT&T for every iPhone on their system AND they get the highest costing phone and they sell it for $200. So as a Android user I am screwed!!!

4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 2, 2012, 12:58 Fantaz

$170/month?!?! Is there anyone out there actually paying that much for their cell phone bill?  

3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 2, 2012, 07:44 Ray Marden

The whole market is set around price fixing.

Our contract recently ended and, if we were to maintain the same service we had the last two years on a new phone, our cost would increase a good 15% or more.

Looking at plans that are equivalent to a 6GB family plan with data, text, calls, and insurance, the four carriers I compared all fall within a charge range of $9.62:

Verizon: $170.36/month.
Sprint: $171.99/month.
T-Mobile: $175.96/month.
AT&T: $179.98/month.

I guess that is what "competition" gets us these days - increased cost for identical service, decreased service with throttling, and/or equivalent pricing between all carriers.

Or, now that we are off contract, surely our monthly charge has decreased significantly since we have presumably paid off our existing phones, right? Oh...
Yes, I would like some cheese with my wine.
Bothered that the only more expensive bills are rent and car payments,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 1, 2012, 22:04 Silicon Avatar

I like smartphones but the way they charge for data is stupid. I had to sign up for a gig plan on my phone and I might use 200 megs a month on a busy month. It's more expensive because they like it that way and won't make enough tiers to support everyone's real needs.

1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 1, 2012, 16:03 killer_roach

Seems like Sprint's business strategy boils down to "if it pisses off Deutsche Telekom, do it".

They're pretty much guaranteeing that there'll be a duopoly in American cell phone service (and a monopoly in each major technology class) before too long.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo