Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I benefited from some of our family raving about Skyfall over Thanksgiving, as it inspired MrsBlue to willingly go see it, in spite of her strong aversion to movie theaters. We caught a show with a very light audience yesterday, which was pleasant, though in a sign of the times we still had an audible cell phone ring when there were only a dozen patrons in the theater. In spite of having some of the plot holes and silly clue following that have been hallmarks of the whole Bond series, the movie was outstanding, and Sam Mendes deserves credit for realizing his vision of placing 007 in a more realistic Dark Knight-inspired setting.

Today is World Aids Day, and the World Aids Day Website has suggestions on how to mark the occasion along with a bunch of HIV facts and statistics.

Bonded Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Stick War 2: Order Empire.
Links: MacFarlane Discusses "Family Guy" Film.
Science: Dispersant Makes Oil 52 Times More Toxic. Oops.
Robot buddy to keep Japan astronaut company.
Media: Rat Toothbrush. Also works as birth control.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2012, 10:48 The Half Elf

DG wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 05:10:
Anyone got a recommendation for a good mouse? Liked this MX510 which is finally giving up the ghost, so from my attempts at research suggests the G400 is the default replacement? (I can't see the MX510 at my usual stores.)

I should probably replace this "fUnc" mouse pad aswell. SteelSeries 4D? 4HD?

I went from a MX518 to a G5 Laser Mouse (both logitech), and while I like the G5 for accuracy, the mouse wheel on the MX518 is shorter and alot easier to use as a button to the G5.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2012, 09:11 PHJF

I have read reviews saying the Gx00 line is cheaper and not up to MX5/G5 build quality. It'll be a sad, sad day if my G5 ever kicks the bucket.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2012, 05:10 DG

Anyone got a recommendation for a good mouse? Liked this MX510 which is finally giving up the ghost, so from my attempts at research suggests the G400 is the default replacement? (I can't see the MX510 at my usual stores.)

I should probably replace this "fUnc" mouse pad aswell. SteelSeries 4D? 4HD?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2012, 00:09 Cutter

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 21:45:
Cutter wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 20:59:
Oh yeah! And I don't know if I'm the only guy on earth that missed it - or if it was even posted here - but did you know that Thomas Jane did a short film for The Punisher last summer? Holy crap it's awesome! We so need to see him reprise the role in a major blockbuster!

The Punisher - Dirty Laundry

Watched it a while back. SO friggen cool.

Bats, if I win the lottery I'll fund you to go do this. It's not like the wife would have to know.

'Honey, where are you going at this time of night?'

'Oh, I'll be back before too long. Just have a few things that need to be fixed tonight.'

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 23:59 Cutter

I know right? I acutally just emailed Marvel films and told them to stop fucking around and get TJ in another Punisher film!  

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 23:21 nin

6 hours left on Sir, You Are Being Hunted

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 22:04 The Half Elf

Oh yeah! And I don't know if I'm the only guy on earth that missed it - or if it was even posted here - but did you know that Thomas Jane did a short film for The Punisher last summer? Holy crap it's awesome! We so need to see him reprise the role in a major blockbuster!

Holy shit, MORE MORE!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 21:45 xXBatmanXx

Watched it a while back. SO friggen cool.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 20:59 Cutter

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 20:57 Cutter

Check the PS2 thread today. Trev has a clan but they're small and tight. Reagle has a large clan that sounds pretty organized.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 20:43 The Half Elf

QUITTER!

BTW If anyone has a Clan/Squad/whatever in Planetside 2, let me know I want to really get into it, but have only had 1 really good experience with random people in the game. And I'm still trying to figure out all the certs (I miss the Mosquito).

Oh and picked up a PS3 over the black friday weekend and FINALLY finished Infamous, thankfully it also comes with Infamous 2 and the first 2 Uncharted games. If they could just make a Crackdown 3 from that engine....

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 19:55 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 19:16:
Prez I attempted to load up your game list to see if you had any achievements in Snuggle Truck, and suffice to say, you killed Steam.

Nevermind worked on the 2nd try... (in best Sulu voice)my you have been busy

The first achievement I earned was "Terrible Driver". I turned it off after running it non-stop for 4 days so I could work on my computer. When I re-started Steam it showed I had 99 hours played. Now I am debating whether I should play it for one more to get it to an even 100.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 19:44 nin

I'm hoping to catch Killing Them Softly this week. I know the reviews have been mixed but that style of film isn't to everyones taste but it is to mine.

Let me know what you think. I'm on vacation the week after next and might see it then.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 19:16 The Half Elf

Prez I attempted to load up your game list to see if you had any achievements in Snuggle Truck, and suffice to say, you killed Steam.

Nevermind worked on the 2nd try... (in best Sulu voice)my you have been busy

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 18:11 Prez

Mourn the days when we could rut like weasels without rubbers.

Celebrate not having aids, duh.

Done, and done. Now bring on earth day, when I can celebrate nothing by doing nothing again!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 18:05 PHJF

So what does one a actually DO for world aids day?

Celebrate not having aids, duh.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 17:19 Cutter

I really enjoyed the hell out of Skyfall. It's now my favourite Bond film followed by From Russia with Love. I'm hoping to catch Killing Them Softly this week. I know the reviews have been mixed but that style of film isn't to everyones taste but it is to mine.

Mourn the days when we could rut like weasels without rubbers.

Dunno if there are any Ween fans here - there must be - but here's a wicked good cover of Ween's Bananas and Blow performed on harps !

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 17:12 Prez

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 15:09 nin

the movie was outstanding, and Sam Mendes deserves credit for realizing his vision of placing 007 in a more realistic Dark Knight-inspired setting

I thought both he and the script were great. Hope he does another. One of my favorite films this year.

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo