Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround

The reddit community has presented a workaround for problems users were having playing Far Cry 3, as the shooter sequel is now available in Europe, saying simply setting the game's Uplay mode to "offline" allows it to be played even with the servers unavailable. As detailed on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, many users were unable to play due to Uplay servers being offline, leading to accusations of more Ubisoft always-on DRM. In the meantime, Eurogamer notes that besides the workaround, Ubi tweets that the servers are back: "Dear #FarCry3PC players, thank you for your patience, our servers are back up & running. Have fun playing!"

View
96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

16. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 13:55 Creston

It baffles me how Ubisoft can keep having these fucking server issues. Do you croissant-eating morons really not TEST your fucking servers before you start having customers ping against them?

Unbelievable.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 13:40 Beelzebud

Show some self control and stop buying their games. How many times are they going to do this shit before people take a hint?  

14. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 13:39 Jivaro

Paketep wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:59:
Nice. Yet another Ubi game I won't buy. I've been saving a lot of money thanks to them these last years.

Money I've gladly given to companies that don't treat gamers as a piece of shit, BTW.

Yep. Same here. If only I had shown the same backbone with Diablo 3 but curiosity got the better of me. Live and learn I guess.

13. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 13:25 Fibrocyte

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 13:06:
Techie714 © wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:09:
I really want this game but Uplay (Always on DRM) makes this a no buy. Even though you can set it to offline mode it's still BS...IMO. Just more crap to install on your PC & if you get it through Steam why must you have Uplay.....

The irony is that anytime a person uses steam in the first place they're using Always on DRM.

Not true at all. I primarily use steam as a content delivery system and I love it.

Most games which do not implement their own DRM have no issues being played while I am completely offline.

Do think about the term "Always-on DRM" for a bit before posting.

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 13:06 RollinThundr

Techie714 © wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:09:
I really want this game but Uplay (Always on DRM) makes this a no buy. Even though you can set it to offline mode it's still BS...IMO. Just more crap to install on your PC & if you get it through Steam why must you have Uplay.....

The irony is that anytime a person uses steam in the first place they're using Always on DRM.

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:59 Paketep

Nice. Yet another Ubi game I won't buy. I've been saving a lot of money thanks to them these last years.

Money I've gladly given to companies that don't treat gamers as a piece of shit, BTW.

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:56 necrosis

Shok wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:48:
I'm pretty sure Uplay is only required if you buy it outside of Steam. I think the video review Blue posted yesterday mentioned that but I can't be positive that's where I remember hearing it. Nevermind, the Steam page says, "Requires a UPlay account". Fuckballs! as Debra Morgan says...

In any event, I agree with giving Ubisoft the finger whenever possible because of their past DRM bullshit. Vote with your wallet though or it will never change.
No it requires it. AC3 did as well.

I also like how Steam thinks AC3 is running because it launches UPlay. So I have something like 48 hours on AC3 already though actual play time is more like 6 hours because I would exit the game but not kill UPlay when I took breaks over Thanksgiving weekend.

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:48 Shok

I'm pretty sure Uplay is only required if you buy it outside of Steam. I think the video review Blue posted yesterday mentioned that but I can't be positive that's where I remember hearing it. Nevermind, the Steam page says, "Requires a UPlay account". Fuckballs! as Debra Morgan says...

In any event, I agree with giving Ubisoft the finger whenever possible because of their past DRM bullshit. Vote with your wallet though or it will never change.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 12:54.

8. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:44 Darks

Ubi wonders why we all hate this shitty Uplay client. I bought the new GTX 660 ti card; it came with two games, Borderlands 2 and Assassins Creed 3. Go to GeForces site; put in codes it than creates new codes. BL2 no problem. It generates a new Steam key awesome, smooth and done. The way it should be!!

But, the Ubi key generates a new code, and then you have to go to their site. Put the game in a cart and then use the code to get your game. Well guess what, their servers keep saying Server Error. I canít even redeem my key.

So I sent in a complaint to their support, after three days, I still have not heard from anyone. Just awesome server Ubi... This is why I do not buy their games.

Pirating this game!!!

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 12:55.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

7. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:39 gilly775

Lol@workaround. There are plenty of other "workarounds."

Stupid DRM

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:32 avianflu

Ugh -- I didnt realize this uses Uplay. Guess it will be the console version after all.  

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:29 Jerykk

You can still technically play the game when the servers are down but it's pretty broken. Basically, if you enter any menu except for the trading one, the game breaks and you have to restart it. Seems like a bug more than DRM but who knows.  

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:21 Parallax Abstraction

Wait, so you can't play if the uPlay servers are down? Giant Bomb did a quick look of both the PC and 360 versions the other day when the servers were down and while you did have to wait for the connection to time out when you ran the game, you were still able to play. Is that different with the release version?  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

3. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:19 deqer

"thank you for your patience, our servers are back up & running. Have fun playing!"

fuck you?

2. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:10 Topevoli

People who bought this game and then bitch about the always on DRM as if its something new and undocumented need to stop.

This has been the case for years with Ubisoft. Vote with your wallets, avoid this crap or just buy it and deal with it.

1. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 12:09 Techie714 ©

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo