Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround

The reddit community has presented a workaround for problems users were having playing Far Cry 3, as the shooter sequel is now available in Europe, saying simply setting the game's Uplay mode to "offline" allows it to be played even with the servers unavailable. As detailed on Rock, Paper, Shotgun, many users were unable to play due to Uplay servers being offline, leading to accusations of more Ubisoft always-on DRM. In the meantime, Eurogamer notes that besides the workaround, Ubi tweets that the servers are back: "Dear #FarCry3PC players, thank you for your patience, our servers are back up & running. Have fun playing!"

View
96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

36. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:32 Prez

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 16:16:
Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 15:51:
Am I the only one who remembers that Ubisoft not so long ago announced it was abandoning its always-on DRM? Heck, I took them at face value and added the game to my wishlist never bothering to check what the DRM was going to be. I feel kind of foolish - here I am thinking they changed their ways. Instead they use the same garbage with a "workaround" that apparently doesn't even work.
Rules for buying Ubisoft games:
#1 - Don't
#2 - If you fail to follow rule #1 then at least wait a week or 2 for a 50% off sale

I actually kind of liked the gameplay videos of this one. I might grab the game on the Steam Christmas sale if they patch out the DRM, but I will try the "demo" first.

What's so shitty about it is that Ubisoft consistently makes games I am interested in playing, then they kill my enthusiasm with shit like this. FRUSTRATING!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:25 Sempai

And dare i say Gabe and his Steam portal need to grow a pair and stop allowing this 3rd party bullshit through their ALREADY PROVIDED DRM SERVICE.  

34. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:18 Sempai

Jesus Christ this company just needs to die and go away.  

33. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:16 SpectralMeat

Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 15:51:
Am I the only one who remembers that Ubisoft not so long ago announced it was abandoning its always-on DRM? Heck, I took them at face value and added the game to my wishlist never bothering to check what the DRM was going to be. I feel kind of foolish - here I am thinking they changed their ways. Instead they use the same garbage with a "workaround" that apparently doesn't even work.
Rules for buying Ubisoft games:
#1 - Don't
#2 - If you fail to follow rule #1 then at least wait a week or 2 for a 50% off sale

I actually kind of liked the gameplay videos of this one. I might grab the game on the Steam Christmas sale if they patch out the DRM, but I will try the "demo" first.

Steam: SpectralMeat

32. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:11 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 15:34:
And Creston, have you ever had a good croissant? They are damn tasty.

I've eaten more Croissants than most of France combined. I'm just jealous that they invented them.

Creston

31. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 16:09 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 14:02:
It baffles me how Ubisoft can keep having these fucking server issues.

It baffles me people grabbed their cheeks for AC3, yet are suddenly protesting this.

AC3 had no issues on launch, at least none that I saw? It worked fine, even if it's a giant fucking hassle for them to put it on Steam, and then require Uplay.

I tried to launch it once without first launching the steam shortcut, and Uplay then pretends like I don't even own the game. So I have to launch the steam shortcut first, which installs something every time, then Uplay opens and realizes, oh, hey, you do actually have AC3!

It takes quite some work to make Origin feel smooth, but Ubisoft manages.

Creston

30. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 15:51 Prez

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 15:04:
Guess I am the weird one because I never had a problem with Uplay.

I like you SV but after your claim some time ago that you didn't have a single pre-patch issue with Fallout 3 I take any claim from you of this nature with an ocean's worth of salt.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 16:02.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 15:34 Cutter

Verno wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 15:10:

Not even slightly surprised to see you saying that in a thread detailing how to get around documented Uplay issues

Yeah, the shill never has any problems with these sorts of things and always loves the games everyone else hates.

And Creston, have you ever had a good croissant? They are damn tasty.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

28. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 15:32 jacobvandy

Yet another example of how these dumb pricks have people paying for INconvenience. Even legitimate customers are downloading the crack, because it makes life easier to just disable Uplay altogether...  

27. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 15:10 Verno

Not even slightly surprised to see you saying that in a thread detailing how to get around documented Uplay issues

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

26. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 15:04 StingingVelvet

25. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 15:01 Fibrocyte

DangerDog wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 14:52:
Darks wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:44:

Pirating this game!!!

yeah, I figure a lot of people will justify pirating the game because of this but I'm going to support it with a purchase.

Support the software developers. If you like this game, BUY IT!

Agreed that the developers deserve their $$ if the game is good.

As for pirating, it has been so long that I would have no idea where to even start with this.

24. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:52 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:44:

Pirating this game!!!

yeah, I figure a lot of people will justify pirating the game because of this but I'm going to support it with a purchase.

Support the software developers. If you like this game, BUY IT!

23. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:48 Fibrocyte

Creston wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 13:55:
It baffles me how Ubisoft can keep having these fucking server issues. Do you croissant-eating morons really not TEST your fucking servers before you start having customers ping against them?

Unbelievable.

Creston

Is "croissant-eating" some kind of insult?

Edit: You should read forum rule #2.

"Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated."

22. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:46 necrosis

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 13:06:
Techie714 © wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:09:
I really want this game but Uplay (Always on DRM) makes this a no buy. Even though you can set it to offline mode it's still BS...IMO. Just more crap to install on your PC & if you get it through Steam why must you have Uplay.....

The irony is that anytime a person uses steam in the first place they're using Always on DRM.
Uh... what? Yousaidwhat

21. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:44 Ludomancer

RELOADED was my workaround.  

20. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:29 gradbot

I was about to buy Far Cry 3 until I saw that it requires uplay. I hated dealing with uplay with anno 2070. I'll spend my money on something else. Thanks for nothing ubisoft. One burn is enough for me.  

19. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 13:55:
It baffles me how Ubisoft can keep having these fucking server issues. Do you croissant-eating morons really not TEST your fucking servers before you start having customers ping against them?

Unbelievable.

Creston

Whoa. WHOA. Let's not bring croissants into this, they are blameless!

18. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:08 Mordecai Walfish

A buddy of mine had to crack the game to get *his legit copy* working correctly because of UPlay fuckery.

UBI is killing themselves & I don't think they even realize it.

17. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:02 nin

It baffles me how Ubisoft can keep having these fucking server issues.

It baffles me people grabbed their cheeks for AC3, yet are suddenly protesting this.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

96 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo