Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week

The promised Slingshot DLC for XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be released on December 4th, reports Polygon. This is the second of three planned DLC packs for the UFO strategy remake, and they offers some hands on impressions of the pack, which they say adds about two hours of content. Thanks VG247.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 20:03 dj LiTh

Tanto Edge wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 18:20:
If they released an SDK, they wouldn't be able to make this sort of stunted crap.

They'd have to rely on interesting or meaty DLC that people care about, as opposed to anything that a desperate individual may grasp after in the hopes of increased gameplay value.

So true....and i am indeed that desperate individual lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 18:20 Tanto Edge

If they released an SDK, they wouldn't be able to make this sort of stunted crap.

They'd have to rely on interesting or meaty DLC that people care about, as opposed to anything that a desperate individual may grasp after in the hopes of increased gameplay value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

7. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 17:10 Tim Collins

Great game they just need to polish and add more...aka next game not more dlc  

6. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 16:13 Creston

Yeah, 3 scripted missions aren't what I want in Xcom. I want more UFO maps, dammit. Every single UFO shot down mission winding up in a blind artist's idea of what a forest should feel like gets boring in a hurry.

Creston

5. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 16:09 Prez

Disappointing. I was hoping for content that fleshes out the open world part of the game that felt stifled at release. At least I would have been happier the 3 maps added in the new pack would have been added to the normal rotation of maps that random missions take place on. As much as I love the new X-COM, map recycling in the game is a bit of a downer. Like Cutter suggests, an editor that gives the community the ability to add dozens of more maps would have been far more welcome imo.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 15:29 Cutter

$7 for this? Come on this is little better than horse armour! Gee, it must have taken them an entire day to whip this up. I effing knew this would happen. At least with an editor and randomized maps that would have given this game longevity.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 14:57 Tanto Edge

This games point values are out to lunch and they recently reset the multiplayer scores.

Every multiplayer match has become a watered down set of near rookies, all carrying whatever green rifles.

It's sad. Instead of putting more into the multiplayer ranked matches, they whittled out Ethereals, raised the costs of several units, and bits of gear.

I hope the DLC sells well, but I won't buy it.
Single player gameplay is one thing, but I'm looking for a satisfying multiplayer experience.

This game offered that initially. I hope they come to their senses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

2. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 13:58 dj LiTh

Same, at 6.99 its hard to go wrong with even just 2 more hours of xcom  

1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Slingshot DC Next Week Nov 30, 2012, 12:04 Jivaro

I am in.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer