Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

This little cold of mine really barely qualified as such, it was really more of a sore throat. The aftermath, however is a pretty severe cough, so even though I never got very stuffy, I seem to have some real post-nasal drip. I have a bottle of Robitussin floating around, but I'm trying to avoid giving in to that, since I have an annoying history of giving myself a mild case of Dextromethorphan poisoning when I use that stuff, which can be a little unpleasant.

DM Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Transmorpher.
Links: Reasons Why Los Angeles Is the Worst Place Ever.
Science: Water Ice Found at Mercury's North Pole.
Texas telescope spots biggest black hole ever observed.
Media: Chainmail Bikini Squad.
Why LEGO is the BEST Company in the World.
Epic Cosplay Fan Fights 2012.
Auction: Assassin’s Creed III trunk auctioned for charity.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Cold... Dec 2, 2012, 13:38 Ant

Ugh, I can't believe others and I got sick again after a month. See http://www.aqfl.net/node/10172 for the details about it. Blue, did you give us your virus?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 14:21 nin

Prez wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 14:00:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 13:31:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 22:33:
Prez has a Snuggle Trunk problem. Total problem. I thought you guys are his friends, why are you all not trying to help him?

You can Snuggle Trunk to much you know!

Prez has started the 'Snuggle Truck for Snuggle Truck 2' marathon. For each hour his computer plays Snuggle Truck is another potential for Snuggle Truck 2 to get made. Either that or start some sorta fire from the video card.... either way it's for a good cause!

Not only will I be the only guy to play Snuggle Truck for 100 straight hours, but I'll have news stories written about me as the guy who fried his video card playing Snuggle Truck. My fame is guaranteed! I would give interviews to PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, and even Kotaku, but I would prefer CNN or USA Today. It's all part of my plan - once the inevitable book deal happens I'll be set up for life!

<snuggle truck devs, examining steam stats>

"Hey look! Someone played for 500 hours."

"What the hell?!"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 14:00 Prez

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 13:31:
Prez has a Snuggle Trunk problem. Total problem. I thought you guys are his friends, why are you all not trying to help him?

Prez has started the 'Snuggle Truck for Snuggle Truck 2' marathon. For each hour his computer plays Snuggle Truck is another potential for Snuggle Truck 2 to get made. Either that or start some sorta fire from the video card.... either way it's for a good cause!

Not only will I be the only guy to play Snuggle Truck for 100 straight hours, but I'll have news stories written about me as the guy who fried his video card playing Snuggle Truck. My fame is guaranteed! I would give interviews to PC Gamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, and even Kotaku, but I would prefer CNN or USA Today. It's all part of my plan - once the inevitable book deal happens I'll be set up for life!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 1, 2012, 13:31 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 22:46 Flatline

sauron wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 11:44:
Reasons Why Los Angeles Is the Worst Place Ever.

I visited LA recently. Everyone seemed very concerned about positive feelings and emotional balance.

I thought about that for a while, and then set the orcs on them.

I was about to ask "why visit the shitty parts of LA?" and hit "post", but I realize that for people not used to California in general, and LA specifically, I have to stop for a moment and explain the relatively high background count of crazy motherf*ckers that wander around.

It's actually two long stories, but I'll abbreviate them. One, if you're going to be a crazy motherf*cker who drifts around and generally tries to feel the energy pulsations or whatever, the greater LA basin is fine for this, because it's usually 75 and sunny all year long. Not to mention you're a couple hours away from that bastion of early 20th century New Age/Bhuddist/really rich motherf*ckers culture: Ojai Valley.

Second, back when Reagan was our governor, he basically eviscerated our mental health system, and made it next to impossible to put people into treatment unless they agreed to be comitted, and then they could leave at any time. So basically every violently paranoid psycho in our state is free to wander around, and there's not a hell of a lot that can be done about it.

So yeah: Mild weather and a mental health system that does effectively f*ck-all results in a high background count of crazies.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 22:40 Flatline

1badmf wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 17:38:
i live in orange county but go to LA a lot cuzza friends, and even for me the culture shock is somewhat alarming.

That's okay bro, we refer to where you live as "behind the orange curtain" and pity you.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 22:33 Kosumo

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 20:13  Blue 

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 16:37:
Japanese horse radish! Wait.. this is Blue we are talking about.... how many of those nuclear peppers you have left Blue?

Actually MrsBlue bought me an ounce of them for my birthday!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 18:53 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 18:07:
Key, keys, keys!

FFS, nin, just hack yourself 250 of the damn things already and stop checking Randy Pitchford's frakking Twitter every five minutes!

Creston

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 18:36 crypto

Delsym, 12 hours of bliss  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 18:07 nin

Key, keys, keys!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 17:38 1badmf

i live in orange county but go to LA a lot cuzza friends, and even for me the culture shock is somewhat alarming. the pretentiousness really is off the scale - $17 bucks for a long island ice tea?!?! at the same restaurant, ask for water and you get a $10 bottle of Voss instead of just a glass. of. water. fuck. and, sushi joints every half inch.

on the other hand, hot chicks omg. and movie stars. i saw ryan gosling at the arclight, and recently ran into blake griffin. and a playboy playmate *ahem Lauren Elise ahem*.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 16:54 Prez

Creston wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:58:
Cosplay fights were cool.

Also, the idea that Los Angeles is any worse than, say, Amsterdam is extremely humorous. But it's a very funny article. I practically pissed myself at the Urban Taco Fabricator.

Creston

I laughed out loud at "Hippie Shit is EVERYWHERE." Almost as funny as the article though are the Facebook Zombie responses (if Blue ever starts using Facebook comments for story discussion on BN I may just eat a bullet...) by all the goofballs who 1) very obviously live in L.A. and 2) have absolutely ZERO sense of humor and are offended by everything, just like most left coast crazies.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 16:37 The Half Elf

Japanese horse radish! Wait.. this is Blue we are talking about.... how many of those nuclear peppers you have left Blue?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 15:50 Cutter

Honey for the sore throat. Eucalyptus oil in hot water - the old towel over the head over the bowl steam bath trick - for the sinuses. Fix you right up.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 13:45 nwerner

dry winter air is murder on mammals: lotion hands, feet, elbows, and knees before bed and I promise you'll feel better in the morning.  
http://www.youtube.com/leewardstyle

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 12:58 Creston

Cosplay fights were cool.

Also, the idea that Los Angeles is any worse than, say, Amsterdam is extremely humorous. But it's a very funny article. I practically pissed myself at the Urban Taco Fabricator.

Creston

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 13:03.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 12:15 xXBatmanXx

30th Annv. of Michael Jackson's THRILLER!
Also mark Twain's B-day.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 11:44 sauron

Reasons Why Los Angeles Is the Worst Place Ever.

I visited LA recently. Everyone seemed very concerned about positive feelings and emotional balance.

I thought about that for a while, and then set the orcs on them.

Kittens!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 11:44 The Half Elf

Working for Lego was the best job I've ever had. Meh pay, decent benefits, but they are ALL about making customers happy.

Ok who exactly 'found' water on Mercury? Was there some guy just walking around and fell in and screamed 'HEY.. HEY!!!! I FOUND WATER HERE!!'?

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 12:06.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo