Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch

A patch for L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition is now available to update the Windows edition of Rockstar's detective game with a couple of fixes. The download is available on Gamer's Hell and The Patches Scrolls. Here's the change list:

• Compatibility fixes for Windows 8
  • Improvement of patching system to avoid “Error binary patching file” or other issues while updating
  • Game no longer needs admin rights to run, except when applying a patch

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 30, 2012, 03:00 peteham

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:23:
Boringest game ever.
What's this "game" you're talking about?

Worst B-movie ever.

Actually what mainly broke it for me aside from finding the game tedious, were the stupid interrogations. Blah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 30, 2012, 01:15 The Half Elf

When your partner tells you to take it easy on the kid in the hospital and you start yelling at her...

Amazing tech, slightly above average game.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 20:56 Zyrxil

I thought it was great. Not amazing and perfect, but still very fun. Atmosphere counts for a lot to me, and I do love detective stories. Still, it's undeniable that the Interrogation system is flawed and the storytelling methods used (flashbacks, third person omniscient cutscenes) were bad.  

9. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 15:42 AdamK47

Fantasticest game ever!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:41 Rigs

I thought it was pretty good, especially some of the soundtrack. In fact I listen to the extended version of the Main Theme in the car. Reminds me of a dark, stormy night, driving around in the city...The game itself was...ok. I want to really like it but some of the things it does tend to tick you off, like the huge difference between reactions, being totally nice an understanding one second and then accusing them of bloody murder and lying about it the next. Sometimes I couldn't find all the evidence I needed or didn't know what I should do next. And the facial reactions to tell if they're lying or telling the truth just don't work well enough. It's a good concept, they just need to refine it more...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

7. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 14:23 Cutter

Boringest game ever.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 13:00 TangoBaker

I bought it during the $5 sale too. Tried to play several times but I've never been able to get it actually start.  

5. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 12:50 Jivaro

I bought it for like 5 bucks on a Steam sale. I still haven't even started it. I have the same problem with both Dead Space games. I have friends that rave about these games, I got them on the cheap....and yet my backlog is so huge they keep getting pushed back. I thought I would be more anxious to play this game.  

4. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 11:51 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 11:31:
Did you finish it? I really liked it up until the final act, when your character was suddenly switched.

Between that and the ending itself, I've never gone back to play it a second time.

Every now and then I'll start another game, but after a couple of cases I stop again. It sucks, because I've never actually seen the last two DLC cases. I can just never get that far into it anymore.

Creston

3. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 11:34 ItBurn

I liked it at first, but I could never finish it. It gets real boring and the mechanics suck. I can't stand it.  

2. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 11:31 nin

Did you finish it? I really liked it up until the final act, when your character was suddenly switched.

Between that and the ending itself, I've never gone back to play it a second time.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition Patch Nov 29, 2012, 11:26 tony

I was so excited when this came to PC. I played it and thought it was great. Then I played it some more, and it got a little repetitive but I still liked it. And then it got extremely repetitive... and I stopped playing.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo