Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex Texture Mod

A new version 1.5 New Vision mod is now available for the original Deus Ex. This updated texture pack drags the game's graphics kicking and screaming into the 21st century to allow gamers spoiled by current games to experience the classic gameplay of this seminal action/RPG. Thanks nin via Shacknews.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 23:44 killer_roach

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:58:
And if I've got a copy of the game on Steam, I never bother keeping the CDs around.

I think the only game I've consciously done that with in recent years was Far Cry, and that's only because I happen to have it both on Steam and GOG.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 16:14 NegaDeath

I've lost a bunch of PC games over the years, I think the oldest I have right now is BF1942. I used to have stuff like TIE Fighter, Police Quest, etc but damned if I know where they went. Strangely enough I still have all my old NES games, but those have been sealed up safely in a box for the last 20 years in the vain hope they'll be worth something someday (they won't).  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:58 Creston

Rigs wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 13:18:
I never understood how some of you guys can lose track of your games?! Mine are alphabetized in a nice and neat double row down 5 shelves of a white bookcase and I know where the game cd/dvd's, the manuals and even the boxes are at any one time. I thought that was true for almost all gamers...I see I was incorrect...

=-Rigs-=

Dude... That's borderline OCD.

Anyway, yeah, I don't do that. I keep a few old games around for nostalgia's sake (I still have my old Wing Commander disks, and my System Shock CD, and some others like that), but most of the other stuff that I know I'll never play again I either throw away or give away or something.

And if I've got a copy of the game on Steam, I never bother keeping the CDs around.

Creston

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 14:34 nin

When I moved, I packed all of my game boxes in one box,

ONE box?! ONE?!?!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 14:14 jimnms

killer_roach wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:01:
I never understood how some of you guys can lose track of your games?! Mine are alphabetized in a nice and neat double row down 5 shelves of a white bookcase and I know where the game cd/dvd's, the manuals and even the boxes are at any one time. I thought that was true for almost all gamers...I see I was incorrect... %)

Some of us move. Unless you're OCD beyond belief, a move tends to throw typical organizational skills out the window. Several moves in that span of time... something's almost guaranteed to be lost in the shuffle somewhere.

When I moved, I packed all of my game boxes in one box, and they're still in that box. I know where they are, but I don't see the need to get them out and put them on a shelf. Some of my newer games I do have on a shelf.

I also have the original Deus Ex on disk, but bought it on Steam for a couple of bucks during a sale so I could save wear and tear on the original disk when I inevitably play it again (which might be pretty soon thanks to this mod).

Steam Profile

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 14:01 killer_roach

I never understood how some of you guys can lose track of your games?! Mine are alphabetized in a nice and neat double row down 5 shelves of a white bookcase and I know where the game cd/dvd's, the manuals and even the boxes are at any one time. I thought that was true for almost all gamers...I see I was incorrect... %)

Some of us move. Unless you're OCD beyond belief, a move tends to throw typical organizational skills out the window. Several moves in that span of time... something's almost guaranteed to be lost in the shuffle somewhere.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 13:18 Rigs

Riker wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 13:02:
Very nice. Still looks super old, but I realize it's just a texture mod. I wonder what Ubi Montreal is up to these days...

Oh, just working on releasing a little game called FarCry3, heard of it?

Prez wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 10:30:
Maybe I'll try again with the Steam version with this new version of the mod - I don't feel like digging around to find the old disc again.

I never understood how some of you guys can lose track of your games?! Mine are alphabetized in a nice and neat double row down 5 shelves of a white bookcase and I know where the game cd/dvd's, the manuals and even the boxes are at any one time. I thought that was true for almost all gamers...I see I was incorrect...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

6. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 13:02 Riker

Very nice. Still looks super old, but I realize it's just a texture mod. I wonder what Ubi Montreal is up to these days...  

5. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 11:02 Acleacius

Amazing work, gratz!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 11:01 MajorD

Nice! Thanks for the update/information Blue. I'm definitely going to install this update.

3. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 10:39 Shok

I would download this and install Deus Ex (from original CD) and all but I did the same thing with Thief1/2 and SS2 when that user patch came out a few months ago and besides getting them all patched up and running I never got around to playing them for more than 5 minutes lol.

I'll probably still install it all though...

2. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 Prez

I was never able to get the Steam version of Deus Ex to work with this mod. The retail disk version worked great with a previous version of the mod though and improved textures made a big difference. Maybe I'll try again with the Steam version with this new version of the mod - I don't feel like digging around to find the old disc again.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Deus Ex Texture Mod Nov 29, 2012, 10:23 ochentay4

YEAHHHHHHHH love this mod.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo