Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 30, 2012, 04:34 InBlack

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:15:
I'm sorry I wasted money on Chivalry. While I enjoyed some of the first Warband game I thought this would be at least as decent, but couldn't even get through the tutorials before i turned it off.

You are insane. Did you even try the multiplayer? Because thats what the game is. Im getting it on Steam when it hits a nice Christmas sale because from what Ive seen its CHOPPING HEADS OF WITH SWORDS! ARHGH!

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Walking Dead Nov 30, 2012, 02:00 jimnms

Ok, I'm a little disappointed in this last episode. Each of the previous episodes were right at 3 hours, but this one was only 1.5 hours. I have a feeling that most of the choices you make during this episode won't make any difference. I guess since it was so short, I'll replay this episode and see before starting over.  

Steam Profile

12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 19:21 lapidus

jimnms wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:49:
I found myself watching some gameplay videos of it and kicking myself for not getting it.

Like this one ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m8nW760G_ZY or this one ?

11. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 16:29 MajorD

jimnms wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:46:
I pre-ordered it and played the crap out of it for the first few days. Then I would get to a place with a challenging puzzle and take a break, then come back and with a clear mind and get through it. Then I would get to another place that stumped me, take another break. I haven't finished it and it's been a while since I stopped. I need to go back and finish it.

I'm kind of OCD and hate moving on until I've found everything. I know there was an iron door or two that I couldn't figure out, and after running around for hours I finally made myself move on. I believe one of the solutions to one of the doors was down a level or two and I had to go back up after finding it.

Holy crap, I just looked at Steam and it says I last played it in April. That has to be a mistake, I could have sworn I played it just a few months ago.

Yeah, I'm kind of OCD that way as well, so I think that is why it took me so long to play through it; and I still didn't find everything. I probably stopped playing for the same reason, as there were a few puzzles that became 'somewhat' frustrating, so I moved onto other things. But getting back to it has me hooked again; I just started playing the Toorum Solo and hope to find most/all of the secrets and items. Wink

Get back to it man! Wink

10. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 15:44 Verno

Agreed, I've enjoyed TWD game a lot more than I thought I would, its very well written and low on puzzle gimmicks. Almost like an interactive choose your own adventure book for adults, something Bioware has been grasping at and failing to reach for awhile now.

Shame about Jurassic Park though, yeesh avoid that one!

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

9. The Walking Dead Nov 29, 2012, 15:38 jimnms

I haven't read the review in case it contains spoilers, and I don't really need to since I already have the game. I just finished episode 4 last night, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It doesn't have as much point and click type puzzle solving as I thought it would, instead it's pretty much an interactive story where the choices you make effect the game. It's a damn good story so far, and I definitely will make another play to see how it changes things had I made different choices.

I like that you're only given a few seconds to make important decisions. Some times you are barely given enough time to read all of the choices and pick one, and it doesn't help that the text fades out as time is running out making it even harder to read. Twice I've blown a dialog when I couldn't read the options and make my choice in time. Last night it happened again, but I had picked one and my mouse wheel derped out and wouldn't scroll. I did quit and restart from the last checkpoint since it was my mouse's fault, but in the other two instances I forced myself to continue and accept my indecision.

I like how it gives you stats at the end of each chapter showing what percentage of other players made the same or different decisions. I do wonder though how it counts people re-playing and choosing other options.

Steam Profile

8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 15:37 ASeven

I have the opposite experience with Chivalry. It's a damn fun melee game that's not ultra-realistic but will still scratch your fun itch.  

7. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 14:49 jimnms

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:09:
Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:24:
I'm sorry I wasted money on Chivalry. While I enjoyed some of the first Warband game I thought this would be at least as decent, but couldn't even get through the tutorials before i turned it off.

Hmm I was thinking about picking it up, what were the main turn offs if you don't mind me asking?

I was also considering this one, as I really do enjoy good melee combat games like PVK2 =).. whats the deal with this one that makes it not-even-finish-the-tutorial worthy?

I'd like to know this as well. I didn't pick it up during the sale because I haven't played any MP games in a while, and with the Steam winter sale coming in a few weeks I decided to hold off. Then the day after the sale I found myself watching some gameplay videos of it and kicking myself for not getting it.

Steam Profile

6. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 14:46 jimnms

MajorD wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 11:45:
Ironically, I just finished Legend of Grimrock last night; what a great game. I purchased this game within a week of its release, and was diligently playing it, and then at some point I went onto other things w/o finishing it. I picked it back up over this last weekend, and was hooked again; I don't know why I stopped playing it in the first place. Regardless, it is a game you can pick back-up and play at anytime.

This was a game completely outside of the type of games I typically play, and I donít know what inspired me to purchase it and play it, but Iím glad I did. Some of the puzzles were Ďveryí challenging, which I really like(d), and I can honestly say that I didnít go online and cheat; I figured them out on my own.

I pre-ordered it and played the crap out of it for the first few days. Then I would get to a place with a challenging puzzle and take a break, then come back and with a clear mind and get through it. Then I would get to another place that stumped me, take another break. I haven't finished it and it's been a while since I stopped. I need to go back and finish it.

I'm kind of OCD and hate moving on until I've found everything. I know there was an iron door or two that I couldn't figure out, and after running around for hours I finally made myself move on. I believe one of the solutions to one of the doors was down a level or two and I had to go back up after finding it.

Holy crap, I just looked at Steam and it says I last played it in April. That has to be a mistake, I could have sworn I played it just a few months ago.

Steam Profile

5. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 14:45 lapidus

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 14:09:
whats the deal with this one that makes it not-even-finish-the-tutorial worthy?
A fix for that problem and the key bindings will be out in the coming days.

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 14:09 Mordecai Walfish

Hmm I was thinking about picking it up, what were the main turn offs if you don't mind me asking?

I was also considering this one, as I really do enjoy good melee combat games like PVK2 =).. whats the deal with this one that makes it not-even-finish-the-tutorial worthy?

3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 Verno

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 12:15 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Game Reviews Nov 29, 2012, 11:45 MajorD

Ironically, I just finished Legend of Grimrock last night; what a great game. I purchased this game within a week of its release, and was diligently playing it, and then at some point I went onto other things w/o finishing it. I picked it back up over this last weekend, and was hooked again; I don't know why I stopped playing it in the first place. Regardless, it is a game you can pick back-up and play at anytime.

This was a game completely outside of the type of games I typically play, and I donít know what inspired me to purchase it and play it, but Iím glad I did. Some of the puzzles were Ďveryí challenging, which I really like(d), and I can honestly say that I didnít go online and cheat; I figured them out on my own.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo