Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Football Thursday is upon us, and most of this week's games are in December, so things are getting serious. Sorry for posting late on Thanksgiving and making things difficult, here's the best I could do to piece together last week's results: Jivaro 11-5, Batman 10-5 (you can take that win from last week, but this time I'm not sure who the "Queens" are), Blue 10-6, Cutter 9-6, and Creston 8-5.

Here goes for this week: Saints, Bears, Texans, Patriots, Bills, Lions, Panthers, Packers, 49ers, Jets, Broncos, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, and Giants.

Serious Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Feed Us 4.
Stories: Lohan Charged With Assault in NYC.
Science: How sensitive is the climate to added CO2?
U.S. Lagging in Modern-Day Space Race.
Media: New surveillance video shows F-18 crashing into apartments. Thanks nin.
Alfred Hitchcock's Movie Cameos.
How to Eat an Ear of Corn - Quickly!
The Funnies: Cat Breath Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Follow-up: Data from the LHC suggest it may be producing a new type of matter. Thanks j.c.f.
Hostess to seek approval of executive bonuses. Thanks nin. Use the Twinkie defense!

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 10:35 Creston

Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 10:09:
I find online activation infinitely better than always on, but not having working activation servers for your brand new blockbuster release is just retarded. Ubisoft.

There.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 10:09 Prez

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 09:04:
Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 09:01:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 04:31:
hahah Just saw over at RPS that FC3 release day was a mess - UBI servers down. GO DRM GO!

WTF??? What happened to Ubisoft's latest promise to stop using their invasive BS DRM? Confused

There's still initial activation.

I find online activation infinitely better than always on, but not having working activation servers for your brand new blockbuster release is just retarded.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

54. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 09:04 nin

Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 09:01:
hahah Just saw over at RPS that FC3 release day was a mess - UBI servers down. GO DRM GO!

WTF??? What happened to Ubisoft's latest promise to stop using their invasive BS DRM? Confused

There's still initial activation.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

53. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 09:01 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

52. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 04:31 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

51. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 04:29 xXBatmanXx

(you can take that win from last week, but this time I'm not sure who the "Queens" are)

The ViQueens.
I was 10-6 last week. Suck.

This week:
NO (LOST), NE, BUF, CAR, CHI, Vikes (upset pick of the week), SF (ON FIRE!), AZ (throw away game), HOU, IND, DEN, SD, OAK (for a Cali sweep this week), BAL, PHI (rivalry game, should be good), NY (can they stop RG3?).....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

50. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 03:00 Rigs

nin wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 23:54:
Just throw it on your wishlist and make sure you're in the Blue's steam group. We'll do the rest.

Oh, oookay, since it's you nin I'll just blindly do whatever you say. If it was Creston or Cutter I'd be kinda worried...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

49. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 23:54 nin

I just have one tiny little question...Snuggle Truck?

Just throw it on your wishlist and make sure you're in the Blue's steam group. We'll do the rest.

48. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 23:51 Rigs

My picks...and I'm bolding them because Blue missed the last two times I did it, unless I got banned for being a total noob and not knowing what the hell I was doing, in which case I agree totally...

Falcons, Jets, Jags, Bears, 49ers, Pats, Packers, Colts, Chiefs, Texans, Bucs, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, GIANTS!

Obviously the Falcons just won it while I was carefully deciding (closing my eyes and pointing)...

I just have one tiny little question...Snuggle Truck? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 02:55.

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 20:52 nin

OMG, they gave them the money - WTF?

http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/29/news/companies/hostess-bonuses/index.html

46. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 16:24 Creston

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:50:
Have you tried the new cocktail they invented and named the Hurricane Sandy?..... It's not very good. It's just a watered down Manhattan.

Ba doom bing!

Too soon. :p

Creston

45. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 16:23 Creston

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:41:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:13:
Stupid Lions, stupid Packers!

Falcons, Texans, Pats, Jags, Colts, Panthers, Cards, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Broncos, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, Redskins.

We really need to automate this process for next year.

I could whip up a google spreadsheet with user permissions and date auto-locks for next year if people want. I was thinking about one of those football sites that do it but most of them would force everyone to make an account on a site they probably have never used before and blah blah. At least most people already have a google account.

That'd work. It'd also show us who's currently leading (probably that SUPER IRRITATING JIVARO!!!! Shakefist ), and it wouldn't ignore my heartfelt, desperate pleas to give me my correct result.

Creston

44. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:59 nin

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:48:
Hey nin, you going to see Killing Them Softly? Ima go see it tomorrow I think. I've really been waiting for this one.

I was considering it, but a review I read wasn't great. On the fence right now...

43. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:53 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:46:
I was thinking more like one of those HTML poll page type dealys where Blue could just input the schedule at the beginning of the season and every Thorsday you just go to the football page and click your picks to submit for that week and it would do the tallying automatically so we can all see the results.

Sure, that would be an easy little PHP or Perl script.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

42. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:50 Cutter

Have you tried the new cocktail they invented and named the Hurricane Sandy?..... It's not very good. It's just a watered down Manhattan.

Ba doom bing!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:48 Cutter

Hey nin, you going to see Killing Them Softly? Ima go see it tomorrow I think. I've really been waiting for this one.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:48 Prez

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 13:09:
Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:16:
Prez wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:10:
40 hours and counting! Since Half-Elf basically dared me I am now going to leave it running 24/7 when I am working or sleeping (two of the few things I have time to actually do this time of year).

It was funny, I had a buddy over the other night and he saw my steam friends list and goes "Snuggle Truck?" and I just said "yeah hes the son of a friend" and quickly closed the list

Hahaha. I love how Prez is pretending like it's a test to burn out his videocard, when we all know he's been actively playing like mad for the last 40 hours. Admit it, Prez!

Creston

No. That isn't it. Like I said, it's... um... oh screw it. Who am I kidding? Snuggle Truck for Game of the Year!! Nay, Game of the CENTURY!!! It's the BEST. GAME. EVAH!!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:46 Cutter

Verno wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:41:

Falcons, Texans, Pats, Jags, Colts, Panthers, Cards, 49ers, Packers, Bears, Broncos, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, Redskins.

I can whip up a google spreadsheet with user permissions and date auto-locks for next year. I was thinking about one of those football sites that do it but most of them would force everyone to make an account and blah blah whereas most people already have a google account.

I was thinking more like one of those HTML poll page type dealys where Blue could just input the schedule at the beginning of the season and every Thorsday you just go to the football page and click your picks to submit for that week and it would do the tallying automatically so we can all see the results.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:41 Verno

I could whip up a google spreadsheet with user permissions and date auto-locks for next year if people want. I was thinking about one of those football sites that do it but most of them would force everyone to make an account on a site they probably have never used before and blah blah. At least most people already have a google account.

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 15:39 Beamer

Will W wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:28:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 15:06:
Are you high on the marijuana, son? Those are the assholes who created this problem to begin with. Now they want to grab what they can and run like thieves in the night. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

While I understand your opinion on this, the decision doesn't lie with you, me, or the general public. This decision is made by the Judge with the input of the creditors. If the creditors feel that it's worthwhile, they will recommend to the judge to ok it and all will go fine. If they don't, then the judge will have to decide.

The judge already rejected converting it to a Chapter 7, meaning no overseeing trustee, and agreed with the argument that a trustee will take too long to come up to speed on how the business works and thus devalue the assets of the company.

Who anyone feel created this situation doesn't really matter at this point, what matters is getting maximum value for the assets. Potential buyers interested in the assets have inquired about rehiring the existing workforce. The faster and more efficient the sale can take place will benefit everyone. Sometimes when you're getting screwed there's nothing you can do about it but use a little lube to make it less painful. Think of these bonuses as the lube in this painful screw job.

Yes.
Cutter is putting too much emotion into it. It's too late for emotion. Now you want to cut bait as quickly and efficiently as possible. You want as much money in doing so. That $1.8MM to keep these guys around will likely lead to a much higher sales price than otherwise.
Yes, guys you want to see lose will win in it. But so will any debt holder, which includes the employees.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo