Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch

The Far Cry Website now offers a new version 1.01 patch for Far Cry 3, paving the way for the first-person shooter sequel's release in Europe tomorrow and in North America next week. They have instructions on how to install the update automatically, as well as a manual patch which is mirrored on AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and GamesMonkey. Here are the patch notes:

MULTIPLAYER

GENERAL

• Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance.
  • Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards.
  • Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default.
  • Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.

CO-OP

• Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hints.
  • Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op.
  • Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality.
  • "Flare gun" kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.

PVP

• Fixed ground texture resolution.
  • Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.

MAP EDITOR

• Improved white objects thumbnails legibility.
  • Users can now start a private match in 1 player on user created maps.

SINGLE PLAYER

• Improved game stability and performance.
  • Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures.
  • Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions.
  • “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion.
  • Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category.
  • Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Dec 1, 2012, 12:35 Quinn

Alright then I think I'll play it on the hardest. However, I did speak too soon in my last comment. It appears you can't charge and insta-kill if you have been spotted. I guess I managed to exploit that thing because there were good guys in the firefight as well.

I like this game allot. Allot. Happy I bought it.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Dec 1, 2012, 06:54 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 04:39:
What I'm less fond of is what I noticed the last 5 minutes I played before I had to leave. Apparently you can charge up to an enemy and just press [F] and you'll instantly take him down with you machete. I totally exploited that fact -- enemies just couldn't get me down in my charge to them. It makes me wonder if I should restart the game on highest difficulty. However, if that means they spot you quicker too... well, that'd suck.

The game is really easy on the highest difficulty setting too.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2012, 08:35 Rigs

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 16:24:
they were not fakes thats just spin on ubisoft end

Oh no, there were fakes alright. Most had passwords that made you go to take stupid f'n surveys to get the pass, which probably means the game wasn't what it appeared to be. I wish I could find a Zip password cracker so I can see just what exactly they put in these files to make them look legit...In any case, I saw quite a few people that were pretty ticked from downloading one after another only to find the same bullshit under a different name... I guess that's what you get, though, right? I didn't complain about it. I had already pre-ordered so I just wanted to mess around before getting my 'legit' copy. Russian voices and subtitles didn't bother me much as I wasn't all that serious about getting through the game. I really just wanted to mess with the editor more than anything...

Creston wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 12:07:
It's made with the latest version of the Dunia engine, which was the same engine that powered Far Cry 2.

Yeah, I believe you told me that when the first trailer came out, I just couldn't remember the name of it. Feels like (a less 'clunky') FarCry2, looks like CryEngine... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

23. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 30, 2012, 04:39 Quinn

Yup MSAA is a killer, even the 2x setting, even on my new 16th of November killer rig.

I also think the Depth of Field graphics look weird. I think it doesn't only look blurry but also.. distorted or something.

Other than that... oh man oh man I haven't been so impressed by the first hour of a game since Skyrim. I freaking love the survival/crafting part of the game, and the reward you get from sneaking and capturing outposts without being seen (500xp if alarm went off, 1000xp if spotted, 1500xp if undetected).

What I'm less fond of is what I noticed the last 5 minutes I played before I had to leave. Apparently you can charge up to an enemy and just press [F] and you'll instantly take him down with you machete. I totally exploited that fact -- enemies just couldn't get me down in my charge to them. It makes me wonder if I should restart the game on highest difficulty. However, if that means they spot you quicker too... well, that'd suck.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

22. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 20:55 Fantaz

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 22:19:
pitty the ps3 and xbox versions leaked like 3 days ago and the pc version is out there today already. not that i would know where to get that ileagalishy stuff or anything i can burly spill werds

lets not draw attention to that, or Ubisoft is going to have a field day complaining about PC sales and how PC piracy affected console sales, and crap like that...

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 16:24 jamiedj99

they were not fakes thats just spin on ubisoft end  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 12:31 Jerykk

FYI, MSAA murders your framerate in this game. By like 50+%. Same thing happens in Hitman: Absolution. Not sure why MSAA is such a killer now. Maybe it has to do with the deferred rendering business that every game seems to use these days.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 12:30 PHJF

It "looks" a lot like Dead Island. Here's hoping it runs a bit better (with FSAA).  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 12:07 Creston

Rigs wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 07:47:
I don't think it runs the Crytek engine, there are no adverts or logos for it. From what I remember when the first trailer came out, it's a modified FarCry2 engine...but as I said earlier, it certainly LOOKS like the CryEngine3...but performance I'd have to say is better, at least from what I've experienced. I've only got a 'lowly' Core i5-750/3ghz with 6gb of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD5770 and it runs pretty damn good with most settings at 'High'...makes the fan run and sound like a modern jetliner though...

=-Rigs-=

It's made with the latest version of the Dunia engine, which was the same engine that powered Far Cry 2.

Creston

17. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 12:05 Creston

Armengar wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 03:36:
Jeraxle wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 00:45:
but with Deutsche marks as the currency.

I wouldnt trust that VPN or whatever steam you are using. If you are convinced it is legit then just make sure it isnt coming up as east germany. You dont want the stasi after you.

It's been awhile since there was such a thing as East Germany.

Creston

16. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 09:30 ItBurn

Kajetan wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 03:39:
Techie714 © wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 00:40:
This game has been getting some solid reviews & word of mouth.
This game also recieved very mediocre reviews and some fair warnings. I guess FC3 is a kind of game like Bethesdas RPGs. Either you love them or you hate them.

I haven't seen a single review below 80 and I looked. Link?

Also, no, it's not Cryengine. It's an in-house engine.

Edit: I actually found a bad review: bad italian review
The translation is tough to read, but it seems the only thing he didn't like was the story. Seems harsh.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2012, 10:47.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 07:47 Rigs

I don't think it runs the Crytek engine, there are no adverts or logos for it. From what I remember when the first trailer came out, it's a modified FarCry2 engine...but as I said earlier, it certainly LOOKS like the CryEngine3...but performance I'd have to say is better, at least from what I've experienced. I've only got a 'lowly' Core i5-750/3ghz with 6gb of RAM and an ATI Radeon HD5770 and it runs pretty damn good with most settings at 'High'...makes the fan run and sound like a modern jetliner though...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 05:36 InBlack

This uses the Cryengine3 right? Does it run ok? Cos Mechwarior: Online runs like ass, currently that is the biggest problem with the game erm pardon 'beta'....  

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2012, 05:12 Rigs

jamiedj99 wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 22:19:
pitty the ps3 and xbox versions leaked like 3 days ago and the pc version is out there today already. not that i would know where to get that ileagalishy stuff or anything i can burly spill werds

Yeah, there was quite a big ruckus yesterday and the day before when a copy hit the torrent sites. Most of them were fakes (I think Ubi really tried to fake the downloaders out and hired some people to put fakes and fake comments up - or at least cause the suspicion of some sort of conspiracy...lol). The legit one was in Russian and until last night, no one had the English sound files. I just fucked around with the Russian one. Pretty funny to hear that crazy guy, Vaas, swearing and going psycho is Russian...

It's a really good game, though not as GREAT as I had expected. You get a lot of FarCry2 feel with it, especially the vehicles. They drive better but they still feel kinda clunky. I can't max the settings on my poor 5770 (sounded like a 747 almost the entire time) but it reminded me a lot of Crysis and the Crytek engine. It's a solid performance and it runs great even on lowly setups such as my 3 year old system. I can't really take to the character you're supposed to be, though. His friends are the rejected group from Jersey Shore and I'm not that interested in saving them. Plus, you're trying to save this one girl, at least, yet nearly a whole island full of civilians are being massacred around you and you're just supposed to be, 'Meh' with it? I'm sorry, did I get sent to Rwanda or something where that's the norm?

Haven't got into multi, since I don't play much multi. The editor was the thing I really wanted to try and it's very detailed. So much so that it's gonna take a while to get through it. Better than the FarCry2 editor but not as crazy as the CryEngine one. YMMV.

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2012, 05:17.

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 03:39 Kajetan

Techie714 © wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 00:40:
This game has been getting some solid reviews & word of mouth.
This game also recieved very mediocre reviews and some fair warnings. I guess FC3 is a kind of game like Bethesdas RPGs. Either you love them or you hate them.

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 03:36 Armengar

but with Deutsche marks as the currency.

I wouldnt trust that VPN or whatever steam you are using. If you are convinced it is legit then just make sure it isnt coming up as east germany. You dont want the stasi after you.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 02:05 Flo

but with Deutsche marks as the currency
We got the Euro now (2002)

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 02:00 StingingVelvet

You could always VPN using a European IP address and still download from Steam from a US server. That's what is happening to me now. I'm in Afghanistan, the ISP is satellite to Germany, and my Steam shows up in English, but with Deutsche marks as the currency. Oh, and I'm loading it up now. Granted, it's slow as hell and the war may be over before I get all of it. =)

Strange, I am stationed in Georgia as a volunteer but when I load Steam with my account I get the US store with US prices.

8. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 01:09 jacobvandy

Christ, a new beta driver every damn week during the holiday releases... When are they going to implement automatic updating, so we don't have to download a new package every time?  

7. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 00:52 Jerykk

Nvidia has just released a new beta driver with FC3 optimizations: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/53348  

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo