Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans

NAMCO BANDAI announces confirms plans for a Windows edition of ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON, the aerial combat game, saying this is this is expected during the first quarter of next year in the form of an "Enhanced Edition." Here's word:

ACE COMBAT™ ASSAULT HORIZON brings a new intensity to the beloved flight combat franchise, escalating aerial combat to the next level with aircraft that are literally torn apart, spewing oil and debris across the sky when destroyed. Players will engage in intense single-player, co-op and online multiplayer combat over real world locations around the globe while dodging skyscrapers and turning enemies into fiery supersonic debris. The game introduces a revolutionary close-range assault system that delivers high-speed acrobatics and one-on-one encounters to make dogfights more tense and exciting.

Making its debut on PC Q1 of 2013; ACE COMBAT™ ASSAULT HORIZON - ENHANCED EDITION features controls and graphics that have been optimized specifically for PC users. The PC version will include many of the DLC items released on the console versions of the game. Players will have immediate access to additional aircrafts and numerous aircraft skins as well as skills and maps. The multiplayer portion of the game will feature support through Games for Windows® Live from Microsoft. The game will be available at retailers and for download via Steam® and the Games for Windows Marketplace.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 28, 2012, 17:56 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 23:04:
While it's good to see a Japanese publisher supporting the PC, I'd rather they support it with good games that don't use GFWL.

If they supported it with Ace Combat 6 I would have bought another copy as my 360 has long since red ringed, and it would be awesome to play Online.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 28, 2012, 00:35 The Half Elf

GFWL isn't great, but at the same time it's not that bad either. It all comes down to how it's implemented in games (like Fable 3 which is a pita).  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 23:04 Jerykk

While it's good to see a Japanese publisher supporting the PC, I'd rather they support it with good games that don't use GFWL.  

6. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:53 Trevellian

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation was by far the last and best entry into the series. One of the few reasons I kept my 360 as long as I did. Unfortunately it was also 360 exclusive.

And yes Assault Horizon was pretty freaking terrible, you could tell just from the weak demo and the addition of the helicopter segments that were complete and utter trash and not what the Ace Combat series was about. They went from being a proper arcade air combat game that was amazing to trying to be the COD of flight games with Assault Horizon. Just one more reason COD's influence on the gaming universe as a whole needs to disappear.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

5. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:44 nin

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:27:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:25:
I played the one before Assault Horizon on the 360 and while I enjoyed the game, DEAR LORD the voice work/story is horrendous. Not as bad as Flashpoint/ARMA bad, but you could build a log cabin it's so wooden.

Go dance with the angels!

Beat me to it! That was my exact thought!

The game itself wasn't bad, but the CGI scenes could almost spawn their own drinking game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:27 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:25:
I played the one before Assault Horizon on the 360 and while I enjoyed the game, DEAR LORD the voice work/story is horrendous. Not as bad as Flashpoint/ARMA bad, but you could build a log cabin it's so wooden.

Go dance with the angels!

3. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:25 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:11 nin

Wasn't this one considered the worst Ace Combat?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:04 Cutter

Smoke me a kipper, skipper! I'll be back for breakfast!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo