Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month

GuildWars2.com reveals winter is coming to ArenaNet's MMORPG sequel, and it's not going to be a long one, as a Wintersday festival is planned for Guild Wars 2 from December 14 through January 3 (thanks sauron). Here's word:

The nights may be long and dark, but Tyrians of all races keep joy alive during the ancient holiday of Wintersday. While each race celebrates Wintersday in their own unique way, children all over Tyria share a common love of one thing: toys.

This year the city of Lionís Arch will host the asuran Toymaker Tixx as their special Wintersday guest of honor. Before Tixx arrives in Lionís Arch in his massive airship toy workshop, heíll visit every major city in Tyria to deliver Wintersday toys and holiday cheer.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 28, 2012, 20:05 sauron

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 19:31:
I'm quite enjoying the new Fractals of the Mist dungeon (the Colossus fractal is awesome) but the whole lfg spam in map chat does show the drastic need for Anet to put in a dungeon finder. So far people are heavily using http://gw2lfg.com/ but an in-game option would be a lot better.

Ya, I was going to email that in to Blue later, seems like it's a huge hit and is helping a ton.

Game could certainly use an LFG feature - I think it may be in the works.

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 28, 2012, 19:31 OpticNerve

I'm quite enjoying the new Fractals of the Mist dungeon (the Colossus fractal is awesome) but the whole lfg spam in map chat does show the drastic need for Anet to put in a dungeon finder. So far people are heavily using http://gw2lfg.com/ but an in-game option would be a lot better.  

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 28, 2012, 18:18 Flatline

I have to applaud Anet for keeping the new content coming rather fast and furious. This is what, the 3rd content release since the game launched 3 months ago?

Finally level capped on my ranger, who I'm running around the dungeons with (which are a blast to play), and I just started a warrior in earnest. Usually the fighter is effing boring, but the can of whupass that he can open is truly impressive. I'm actually enjoying him more than the guardian I started.

Still haven't touched the casters (mesmer, elementalist, necro) yet, but I intend to eventually. Engineer wasn't my thing and I'm still trying to figure out thief. Closest I can tell is that the thief *really* needs to party to get the most of the class, as they hit hard and then are kind of weak.

10. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 28, 2012, 14:24 OpticNerve

Just as a heads up, Anet finally added two gem-shop items to let you redo your hairstyle and to completely redo your appearance (including gender).

It's under the Services section and it's the Self-Style Hair Kit (250 gems) and the Total Makeover Kit (350 gems) for those of you who are interested. Demonstration shown here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHKtUBq9As

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

9. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 28, 2012, 10:57 HorrorScope

zombiefan wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:54:
Longswd wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:48:
Do they still have bot trains overrunning every zone, locking threads on the subject and trying to pretend there is no problem?

Actually, no. There were a huge amount of multi-boxers running around for quite a while, but I haven't seen a single one in at least two or three weeks. They kicked about 10,000 accounts a few weeks back; gold farmers, multi-boxers, etc.

It has been cleaned up a lot for at least us to see. Bot'ers are probably just running the new Fractal Dungeons, which we can't see in their own instance. (I've been running mid-level zones, haven't seen one in a week+.)

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 28, 2012, 09:45 Verno

Got my vacation coming up so I'm finally going to dig back into this, looking forward to it!  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 28, 2012, 08:53 sauron

I was on Cursed Shore last night and all I saw was legit players. Had a really good time, explored half the zone, and leveled from 73-75.

Got the first piece of this armor set as well last night:

Armageddon Armor

Looks pretty fly, my only worry is it might poke holes in the sofa when I'm watching TV with Mrs. Sauron.

Kittens!

6. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 28, 2012, 08:32 Jonjonz

Lornar's Pass was over-run with multiboxed rangers running in pairs just last night.

Two rangers + 2 pets, running a circuit around the frozen lake steam portal DE. I saw 3 such groups at the same time there.

Anet adjusted, now the bots have adjusted, and the game of cat and mouse continues.

Fewer people notice it now, cause the bots seem to be focusing on DE's in mid level zones now, which have very few players since most are running FOTMs now.

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 28, 2012, 00:01 NegaDeath

I don't think I've ever seen a bot train, at least not that I noticed. Gold spammers I do and I always report them.  

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 23:56 Coolone

Yeah the bot trains were pretty much obliterated. I haven't seen any in weeks.  

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 22:54 zombiefan

Longswd wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:48:
Do they still have bot trains overrunning every zone, locking threads on the subject and trying to pretend there is no problem?

Actually, no. There were a huge amount of multi-boxers running around for quite a while, but I haven't seen a single one in at least two or three weeks. They kicked about 10,000 accounts a few weeks back; gold farmers, multi-boxers, etc.

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 22:48 Longswd

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Wintersday Event Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 22:06 Cutter

How is 3 weeks not long? Anyway, I'll be down for this.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo