Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching

Infinite Game Publishing and Piranha Games announce the new "Camo Spec" patch is live in MechWarrior Online, adding new appearance customizations along with a new "Frozen City at Night" environment, as well as the return "Bitching Betty," the official female cockpit voiceover from the original MechWarrior games.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 29, 2012, 05:49 Mordecai Walfish

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 00:39:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:11:
I just can't get into this. I hate having to start each match trying to get groups setup, no flush system, and honestly 3rd person view (yeah I suck but I'm horrible at keeping the legs/torso in sync to actually function).

Trying to get groups set up? You mean weapons groups or groups of players? The limit is 4 it's not that hard.. just go on the C3 dropship channels and look for players, it's usually a really quick process.. and if you don't find one immediately just sit yourself in one of the channels and play a couple rounds while you're waiting.

Alignment of legs/torso can be easily discovered via the HUD, just takes getting used to.

Learning to control heat levels is the trickiest part, and effective use of override takes practice, but is rewarding after you learn the ropes.

Weapon Groups. If there is a way to do them in the mechlab I haven't figured it out yet, then again I haven't spent much time with MWO.
Also I highly hate the mechlab. Give me the old 2d design instead of clicking on a section of the mech and having it zoom in then fighting to get to the whole mech.

Rather have the Mechwarrior 4 series updated to a newer graphics engine.

Oh, those are a 1 time setup. You'll only ever have to mess with them again if you want to change something later on down the road. I agree they should have the ability to set them in the mechlab and I would assume that feature will be in at some point, as it just makes sense. Either that or setting up weapons groups in the pre-game wait.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 28, 2012, 23:53 Flatline

InBlack wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 03:37:
Yeah i realize its not 1994 anymore but if you want a 3rd person view in a Mechwarrior game then maybe this game is not really for you...

FTFY

Beta'd the game, it was shit. And this is coming from one of the "founders".

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 28, 2012, 03:37 InBlack

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 00:39:
I just can't get into this. I hate having to start each match trying to get groups setup, no flush system, and honestly 3rd person view (yeah I suck but I'm horrible at keeping the legs/torso in sync to actually function).

Trying to get groups set up? You mean weapons groups or groups of players? The limit is 4 it's not that hard.. just go on the C3 dropship channels and look for players, it's usually a really quick process.. and if you don't find one immediately just sit yourself in one of the channels and play a couple rounds while you're waiting.

Alignment of legs/torso can be easily discovered via the HUD, just takes getting used to.

Learning to control heat levels is the trickiest part, and effective use of override takes practice, but is rewarding after you learn the ropes.

Weapon Groups. If there is a way to do them in the mechlab I haven't figured it out yet, then again I haven't spent much time with MWO.
Also I highly hate the mechlab. Give me the old 2d design instead of clicking on a section of the mech and having it zoom in then fighting to get to the whole mech.

Use the arrow keys and right ctrl key to set up groups. There is a really neat tutorial video on the main page that explains a lot of things including the basic key commands. Once you set them up for a particular mech they stay that way.

Also you can click on the 2d mech avatar in the mechlab if you dont like clicking on the 3d model.

Yeah i realize its not 1994 anymore but if you want a 3rd person view in a Mechwarrior game then maybe this game is not really for you...

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 28, 2012, 00:39 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 23:35 Asmo

Ironically, putting "bitching betty" on the forum results in "******** betty"...

Gotta protect those teens. X D

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 23:23 Tom

Great headline, Blue.  

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 22:55 Mordecai Walfish

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 22:49 The Pyro

I'm still playing regularly; it's plenty of fun as long as you're on teamspeak or something similar. There's an unofficial teamspeak server with lots of regulars. IMO you need to be able to chat and coordinate with a group of people over several matches to get the most enjoyable experience. Between matches players will talk about their mech builds, how things worked well/badly in the previous match, what strategies to try next time, etc...

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 22:11 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Camo, Bitching Nov 27, 2012, 22:08 Cutter

All systems nominal. Ambient temperature sixty degrees.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo