Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 20:09 Smellfinger

Vita is powerful enough to emulate every system up to and including Wii. If it ever gets cracked, I'll buy it for the emulation potential alone.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 13:08 avianflu

Google + is just another facebook-like disaster, so I guess i wont be writing android app reviews anymore.  

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 08:03 Beamer

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 07:37:
You know it is funny, my gf was trying to give me directions with her iphone which did not match what my tom tom was giving me. The tom tom was right, the iphone wrong.

If they are using tom tom data, sounds to me like apple's software is messing it up. The guy deserved to get fired. Unfortunately another software house will hire him to screw up their software.

P.S. If you bought a Vita, excuse me, but I am rolling on the floor laughing at you. Must be nice to get sucked in on such an obvious scam.

You said the same thing about people using iPads.
You really take offense to people that can find uses for products you can't, eh?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 07:37 Ozmodan

You know it is funny, my gf was trying to give me directions with her iphone which did not match what my tom tom was giving me. The tom tom was right, the iphone wrong.

If they are using tom tom data, sounds to me like apple's software is messing it up. The guy deserved to get fired. Unfortunately another software house will hire him to screw up their software.

P.S. If you bought a Vita, excuse me, but I am rolling on the floor laughing at you. Must be nice to get sucked in on such an obvious scam.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 06:43 Julio

I'm disappointed Sony screwed it up. I would have bought a Vita for sure as the hardware is great (except for the memory card fiasco)...but there's no good games.  

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 05:53 Golwar

I bought my Vita last Friday and I'm quite happy so far. Got 7 full VITA games to play, some free games as "Frobisher says" and several PSOne (Final Fantasy) titles.

It is indeed true that ports from older systems play a big role, but why shouldn't they? I never had a PSP or PS2, so I can't wait to get Persona 4.
And PSOne games look great, far better than on my huge tv screen. They even sound better than on the PS3.

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 00:16 Jivaro

I was gonna say, it can't be a landfill for bad games.....there aren't enough games to fill a wastebasket let alone a landfill.

Awesome hardware, but Sony really screwed up in terms of quantity of titles. AC, Madden, UC...all fantastic titles. Needs to have more of them by now though. PSP & PSOne ports don't count.

edit: Not that it would necessarily take advantage of the tech, but a NA version of Valkyria Chronicles 3 or even a VC 4 would get me to buy the system tomorrow. Just saying.

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 28, 2012, 00:15 ViRGE

PropheT wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:58:
It's not a landfill for bad games, though.
Agreed. It has some definite stinkers (and what console doesn't?) but TFA seems to be equating everything that doesn't get a Metacritic score of 90+ or a score equal to its console counterpart as a bad game. Uncharted isn't as good as its console counterparts, but that doesn't make it a bad game.

Furthermore, as a rule of thumb handheld games almost never break 90%. You can't deliver the kind of epic experiences of a console on a portable device (due to everything from screen size to graphics to storage limitations), so reviewers have always given handheld games a lower score. The DS has 7 90+ games, and the PSP 2; the PS3 has 40+ and even the Wii has 14.

The Vita does need better games, but that's not the same thing as the existing games being bad. And despite Sony's advertising, anyone expecting a portable PS3 needs to check their expectations at the door; handhelds have never been able to match the fidelity of a contemporary console for the aforementioned reasons.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 27, 2012, 23:32 SirKnight

The Vita hardware-wise is the best mobile gaming system by far. It's very powerful and has all the features you'd want/expect. But, it is a shame the software (games) side is not where it should be.

I still don't regret buying mine. What few games I do have are great (especially Mortal Kombat) and having PSone games and PSP games on it is very cool. I still have high hopes for the system.

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 27, 2012, 22:58 PropheT

The Vita is a great system. The memory cards are definitely overpriced.

It's not a landfill for bad games, though. AC3 Liberation is a good game. P4 is a great game. Ragnarok Odyssey is a good game, if you like PSO or something like it. Gravity Rush is a good game, Hot Shots Golf for Vita is great, Zero Escape is great, Uncharted is good. All of them are comparable to console games rather than handheld games, which is why I think I like the system so much... you don't feel like you're getting the neutered baby brother to everything that comes out on the PS3. Reviews have been overly harsh to everything from the system to the games, though, so for Kotaku to go back and point to system is screwed up kind of looks like trying to prove a prophecy that they helped create.

It needs more games in general, and it's the biggest weakness the system has. It's still the best handheld I've ever owned, and is one I actually like despite not usually being a handheld gamer at all.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 27, 2012, 22:33 Shok

The biggest problem is that the Vita has become something of a landfill for bad games

Ouch, glad I didn't bite on that Amazon deal the other day for the Vita for $180.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo