Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2012, 07:50 Bhruic

Cutter wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 22:23:
"People often believe that they own the images that are tattooed on them by tattoo artists," explained Escobedo's lawyer, Maria Crimi Speth (in a comment on PRWeb).

"In reality, the owner of the tattoo artwork is the creator of the work, unless there is a written assignment of the copyright in the tattoo art."

How the fuck does that work unless you walk in and say 'I dunno what I want just tattoo any old thing on me!' Now I may not have had the talent to draw my pieces but they were conceived of by me and the artists drew them out as I related what I wanted in painstaking detail and several revisions. They're just somebody I commissioned to provide me a service. It sure as shit isn't their property.

That's exactly what the quote you pasted says. "The owner of the tattoo artwork is the creator of the work". I would assume that the lawyer is claiming that most people don't create their own tattoos, or, at least in this case it was the artist that created it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2012, 01:50 Prez

I am so sick of this shit. I hope this leech tatooist and his scumbag lawyer both die horribly. I really do.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2012, 00:22 Jivaro

Apparently tattoos are similar to modern gaming software. You don't actually own your copy of the tattoo, you are simply licensed to use it.

I imagine that similarly to gaming software, by wearing the tattoo you are acknowledging the terms of service.

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2012, 22:23 Cutter

"People often believe that they own the images that are tattooed on them by tattoo artists," explained Escobedo's lawyer, Maria Crimi Speth (in a comment on PRWeb).

"In reality, the owner of the tattoo artwork is the creator of the work, unless there is a written assignment of the copyright in the tattoo art."

How the fuck does that work unless you walk in and say 'I dunno what I want just tattoo any old thing on me!' Now I may not have had the talent to draw my pieces but they were conceived of by me and the artists drew them out as I related what I wanted in painstaking detail and several revisions. They're just somebody I commissioned to provide me a service. It sure as shit isn't their property.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo