Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dishonored DLC Next Month

The Bethesda Blog announces plans to release Dunwall City Trials on December 11th for Windows and consoles, offering new content for Dishonored, Arkane's assassination game. They offer a slideshow of screenshots from the DLC, and here's word on what it will offer from its announcement:

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials, being released in December for $4.99 (or 400 Microsoft Points), will include 10 challenge maps that will test and track your combat, stealth and mobility skills. Ten distinct trials await challengers – including an arena battle against waves of enemy AI, a gravity-defying run of drop assassinations, and a race against the clock. Dunwall City Trials also features a whole new set of achievements and trophies as well as a global online leaderboard that will establish the greatest assassins for each challenge.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 12:04 Zyrxil

There will be another DLC involving Daud's son. Trial maps are fine. Perhaps overpriced, but it's a great for letting players play creatively with the powers.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 12:02 Cutter

Prez wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:39:
I prefer missions that incorporate into the main campaign myself, as in a lot of the downloadable stuff for the Mass Effect games for example. I never really touched the challenge maps in the Batman games, which is what this appears to be similar to. I guess it's a personal preference thing. Once I am done with the main story I am generally done with the game (until I replay it anyway).

This. Just give me a new story to play out thanks. Challenge maps? Please.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:39 Prez

I prefer missions that incorporate into the main campaign myself, as in a lot of the downloadable stuff for the Mass Effect games for example. I never really touched the challenge maps in the Batman games, which is what this appears to be similar to. I guess it's a personal preference thing. Once I am done with the main story I am generally done with the game (until I replay it anyway).  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:28 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:14:
I was thinking DLC couldn't get any worst, than stripping parts out of the game to sell later. Too bad they didn't use these maps for a new story.

This is why many of us had major problems with the ending cutscenes.

What? What the hell are you talking about? It's a Trials type DLC, very common. What does it have to do with the ending?

3. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:17 Verno

I'm actually looking forward to some trials to exercise the full arsenal. The level design was solid but I found myself wanting more challenge and I don't mind the idea of standalone maps with their own goals.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

2. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:14 Acleacius

I was thinking DLC couldn't get any worst, than stripping parts out of the game to sell later. Too bad they didn't use these maps for a new story.

This is why many of us had major problems with the ending cutscenes.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 11:10 nin

No wild about trials, per se, but I'll prob check it out, as much as I enjoyed the main game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo