Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Bridge Constructor

Headup Games announces they are offering downloads of the full version of Bridge Constructor for PC via their Steam Greenlight page through the end of this week. They are upfront about their ulterior motives on this, as they are requesting those who take advantage of this offer upvote the game's Steam Greenlight campaign to help push it over the top. Here's word on how this game can help you build bridges:

Luckily you have several construction materials at your disposal such as wood, concrete or steel cable. Each of these materials has different attributes and will offer you countless possible solutions. But be warned, as you progress through the game it will get more and more difficult! Less budget, bigger gaps to master and even material limitations won't make this a no-brainer.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 23:18 Tom

Bridge It is the one I remember fondly.

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/bridge-construction-games

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 21:56 Prez

For a second I thought it said 'Free "Bridge Commander" '. Woops!

That game was awesome even with so much unrealized potential. It is extraordinarily hard to find a legal copy of apparently as well.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 20:19 Sepharo

DeadlyAccurate wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 12:30:
PC Gamer wrote a hilarious column on this game last Saturday. http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/25/sim-plicity-i-am-a-bridge-builder/

Edit: Wait, this appears to be a different game. A sudden rash of bridge building games? Weird.

Both that one and the one here look like a game I played for free nearly a decade ago. Was a lot of fun, you had the nodes, different materials, and colorized road stress just like these screenshots. Had challenges to make the bridge in less pieces than provided, which would sometimes result in a bridge that would wobble and shake all over but as long as the vehicles passed over you won.

5. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 17:26 deqer

fomit wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:45:
This isn't actually free via Steam. They are offering a free (and DRM free) download of Bridge Constructor and asking you to vote on the Greenlight for Bridge Constructor in return.

In no way will this get you a Steam key for Bridge Constructor if the game is ever greenlit.

4. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 14:10 jacobvandy

Not sure what Blue was thinking there, lol... Games that are trying to pass Greenlight aren't yet on Steam, that's kind of the point.  

3. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 14:06 eRe4s3r

Well no harm in taking this bribe

I failed at MAP 2 Mission 3 though... ;p

2. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 12:30 DeadlyAccurate

PC Gamer wrote a hilarious column on this game last Saturday. http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/25/sim-plicity-i-am-a-bridge-builder/

Edit: Wait, this appears to be a different game. A sudden rash of bridge building games? Weird.

1. Re: Free Bridge Constructor Nov 27, 2012, 11:45 fomit

This isn't actually free via Steam. They are offering a free (and DRM free) download of Bridge Constructor and asking you to vote on the Greenlight for Bridge Constructor in return.

In no way will this get you a Steam key for Bridge Constructor if the game is ever greenlit.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2012, 12:14.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo