Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed

Jonatan Söderström tweets the revelation of unannounced plans for a sequel to Hotline Miami, the hit throwback serial killer game (thanks Eurogamer). Word is: "Working while listening to the sweet tunes of a preliminary Hotline Miami 2 soundtrack that we've put together during the weekend."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 09:48 Fibrocyte

Zyrxil wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 09:34:
A sequel already? Weren't they just talking about an expansion DLC? Maybe it was extra-expanded into a sequel I guess.

Fantaz wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 19:29:
This game is highly overrated... hell, I can make a game like this if i wanted to all by myself (without the music of course).

So do it. I feel like complaints about the success of relatively simple games to be like complaining about modern art because you don't really understand it. 'Wtf, Pollock is just throwing paint at canvas, I could do that.' The whole is more than the sum of its part- they put HM together and made the whole package work very very well. Without the music HM would be nowhere near as satisfying to play.

All good points. Not to mention it was made by only 2 guys (excluding the music, of course), really.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 09:34 Zyrxil

A sequel already? Weren't they just talking about an expansion DLC? Maybe it was extra-expanded into a sequel I guess.

Fantaz wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 19:29:
This game is highly overrated... hell, I can make a game like this if i wanted to all by myself (without the music of course).

So do it. I feel like complaints about the success of relatively simple games to be like complaining about modern art because you don't really understand it. 'Wtf, Pollock is just throwing paint at canvas, I could do that.' The whole is more than the sum of its part- they put HM together and made the whole package work very very well. Without the music HM would be nowhere near as satisfying to play.

16. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 04:22 Fibrocyte

This game is awesome. I just beat it last night. The story, the gameplay, and especially the music are all excellent. They even ported it to mac - good for them.

I will buy the sequel when it is released.

15. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 02:53 saluk

Fantaz wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 01:13:
saluk wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 21:29:
So make one Fantaz. Then you can sell it, have a hit, and make a sequel!

It's a good game. It's not that original, but it's fun to plan out all of your attacks. One hit and your dead, and the ai is ruthless. It's fun.

I do find announcing a sequel this early on to be tacky.

Maybe i will make a game... maybe i will...

I approve of people making games

14. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 02:21 SectorEffector

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

13. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 27, 2012, 01:13 Fantaz

saluk wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 21:29:

It's a good game. It's not that original, but it's fun to plan out all of your attacks. One hit and your dead, and the ai is ruthless. It's fun.

Maybe i will make a game... maybe i will...

12. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 23:12 xXBatmanXx

Fun game. I enjoy it and the soundtrack is pretty bad ass. Hard game, takes a while to figure out how to do the map. Lots of replayability once you start unlocking masks.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

11. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 23:11 The Half Elf

Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:51:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:48:
If Steam Customer of the Decade won't even install Snuggle Truck, what hope does it have getting a sequel?

LMAO! I am going to install it tomorrow and leave it running in the background until Christmas. Whenever you look at your friends' playlists, you'll see that Prez has been playing Snuggle Truck for 600 hours and counting!

You promised that 2 months ago good sir!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 23:03 ASeven

Prez wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:51:
If Steam Customer of the Decade won't even install Snuggle Truck, what hope does it have getting a sequel?

LMAO! I am going to install it tomorrow and leave it running in the background until Christmas. Whenever you look at your friends' playlists, you'll see that Prez has been playing Snuggle Truck for 600 hours and counting!

Oh the humanity!

9. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 22:51 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 22:48 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:43:
This? This gets a sequel and not Snuggle Truck?!?!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 22:47 KTR

More interested in the soundtrack than the game. Hype!  

6. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 22:43 Cutter

This? This gets a sequel and not Snuggle Truck?!?!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 21:29 saluk

4. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 20:03 cronik

Amped!  

3. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 19:54 Prez

The game is getting great reviews, but whatever is special about it certainly doesn't come across in the trailers and gameplay videos, at least to me. It looks like yet another simplistic low-rent nostalgia-based shooter. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I am just tired of them myself. Give me a sequel in the No Remorse/No Regret series, however, and I'll be all over that like a fly on doo-doo!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 19:40 Parallax Abstraction

Would be nice if before he started working on the Mac version and the sequel that he made the PC version not a buggy mess. I still experience massive slowdown, bad collision detection crashes and Steamworks support is still not working. Finish one game you've asked for money for before the next please.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

1. Re: Hotline Miami Sequel Revealed Nov 26, 2012, 19:29 Fantaz

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo