Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer

Here's a new video showing off the power of the map editor that will accompany Far Cry 3 when the first-person shooter sequel is released next month. Word is: "Create your own tropical oasis, or a jungle death trap, or anything else you can imagine, with the in-game map editor for Far Cry 3. A deep and varied library of set pieces allow for endless possibilities. Plan every last detail from the flora and fauna to the derelict tanker crashed up on a rocky beach. Build your own adventure or download top rated maps from the community, free of charge. What the trailer now to see how."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 13:21 Cabezone

You do have to use Ubi's log in service to play.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 10:41 Acleacius

I'm defiantly interested at this point, unless ubi does something notoriously stupid between now and release...like creating DRM of Death.

Here's hoping one day, these developers figure out how to Coop the main story. It's probably why I like Dead Island so much, despite it's many flaws. Techland broke the barrier and now (hopefully) is working to refine the weak story aspects and gameplay balance issue. Honestly these are issues most games have but don't have the benefit of full story Coop.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 09:08 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 02:17:
Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:45:
Empowering PC gamers like this is always a good thing. A big F U to CoD/BF/Etc.

except, it's just half backed mod support. No way to import new assets into it, no single player campaign making, no new multiplayer modes etc.

no dedicated servers either, multiplayer is peer-2-peer with "host migration".

this is more a single player game but it sucks they didn't put more effort into supporting the PC properly with dedicated servers at least.

I can't really disagree with any of that but I will take a map editor over the alternative of nothing. Some pretty creative maps were made in Counter-Strike long before people knew how to import third party assets. The real shame is the lack of dedicated servers, they are a huge community builder.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

10. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 06:57 theyarecomingforyou

The map editor included in Far Cry 2 was excellent and it's a real shame that multiplayer never took off for it, as the potential was huge. I'm glad to see that they've taken things further with Far Cry 3.

I'm very much looking forward to this and the reviews have only increased my anticipation.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 02:17 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:45:

except, it's just half backed mod support. No way to import new assets into it, no single player campaign making, no new multiplayer modes etc.

no dedicated servers either, multiplayer is peer-2-peer with "host migration".

this is more a single player game but it sucks they didn't put more effort into supporting the PC properly with dedicated servers at least.

8. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 00:31 Creston

I gotta say, FC3 is looking better and better and better.

Creston

7. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 26, 2012, 23:34 Sepharo

Good on Ubisoft.  

6. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 26, 2012, 22:45 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 26, 2012, 22:25 jacobvandy

Yeah, while still pretty nice, it's not so much a 'level editor' as it is a 'prefabricated level assembler.'  

4. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 26, 2012, 22:19 netnerd85

Must admit that looks good. Nice to see.  

3. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 26, 2012, 21:37 PHJF

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 19:34:
Damn, that's a sweet editor, nice and easy to use. Looks like a far cry from the typical FPS editors like hammer.

That's because it has to be usable on a gamepad...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2012, 21:07 Rigs

The more I see, the more I WANT!

EDIT: There's an in-depth vid of the FarCry3 Editor right here, clocking in at 22 mins...

EDIT #2: Another live-stream of the FC3 Editor here! Clocks in at well over an hour! (Though most of it is the guy with diarrhea of the mouth...Just STFU and bloody show us, already! )

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2012, 21:19.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

1. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 26, 2012, 19:34 Yosemite Sam

Damn, that's a sweet editor, nice and easy to use. Looks like a far cry from the typical FPS editors like hammer.  

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo