Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Announcement: GOG.com Now Supports Windows 8 Officially!

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 15:39 Prez

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 09:52:

I just bought a few copies of Killing Floor for beating up zombies - hopefully it was worth $5/copy for some coop w/ the family.

As long as there aren't little kids involved, yeah you guys will have a blast. It's a bit dark and gory for the little 'uns, bit it is good fun and addictive (not to mention an excellent trainer for the zombie apocalypse AND on how to speak in British colloquialisms. )

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2012, 17:56.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 12:07 JM

I've seen some cynical bastards before but you really take the cake...

Welcome to Bluesnews!

22. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 12:05 xXBatmanXx

mch wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 10:50:
Pulled the trigger on Witcher 2. Guess now I'll have to finish the first one!

Same.....

Going to start over for the 4th time.

Just looked up that I bought Witcher 2 for 12 and change from GoG...but it isn't in Steam. Wonder if I should grab it quick....I own 3 copies of the original...why not 2 of the 2nd?

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2012, 13:35.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

21. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 10:50 mch

Pulled the trigger on Witcher 2. Guess now I'll have to finish the first one!  
PSN: CaseDesignate

20. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 10:16 wtf_man

Picked up Alan Wake... Under $10 isn't a bad deal.

As for the Witcher... I couldn't get into it either. I bought it after they produced the no-DRM enhanced version... and I got to the first town, and that was about it. The combat just really really sucked, IMO, and I'm not a combat-whore for an rpg. As for The Witcher 2... I don't even want to risk the cash, even if the combat is different.

Legend of Grimrock... I bought it and got to level 3. I'm waiting for the IOS version, because it's a perfect game for a tablet and I don't want to spoil it by playing it through on the PC.

19. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 09:55 dj LiTh

PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 08:39:
If you didn't grow up with tile-based movement games, I'd say pass on it.

That is nonsense. The puzzles are surprisingly clever, the combat can get very hectic (it is real time, you know), and it is pretty challenging if you don't save scum. I DIDN'T play Wizardry or Eye of the Beholder in my youth and still saw the quality of Grimrock.

Thats actually what i didnt like about Grimrock, the real time combat, i wish there was a turn based option... the puzzles are indeed refreshing, after not having to think in games for the last decade or so.

18. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 09:52 Fibrocyte

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 05:10:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 04:31:
Amazon.com has Dead Island GOTY Edition for $6.79 (66% off).

I haven't played this, so I'm unsure if it is good.

It's good fun for about 20 hours. If you play it solo, you'll get a genuinely suspenseful survival horror experience. If you play it in co-op, you can have some fun beating up zombies. The atmosphere is great either way and the locational damage system is the best I've seen. Dismembering and/or crippling zombies has never been so satisfying.

I just bought a few copies of Killing Floor for beating up zombies - hopefully it was worth $5/copy for some coop w/ the family.

17. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 08:39 PHJF

If you didn't grow up with tile-based movement games, I'd say pass on it.

That is nonsense. The puzzles are surprisingly clever, the combat can get very hectic (it is real time, you know), and it is pretty challenging if you don't save scum. I DIDN'T play Wizardry or Eye of the Beholder in my youth and still saw the quality of Grimrock.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

16. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 07:19 theyarecomingforyou

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 02:40:
What didn't you like about the first one? If it was the combat, you should probably know that Witcher 2's combat is completely different. You have direct input for every attack, block, parry, etc.
Yeah. I really liked the concept of The Witcher but I couldn't really get into it; the Witcher 2 on the otherhand was superb, easily one of the best games I've played. It's worth grabbing even if you didn't complete the original or even enjoy it.

If they were to remake the original game with the new engine and mechanics I'd buy it in a flash. Unfortunately that project was scrapped.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

15. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 05:10 Jerykk

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 04:31:

It's good fun for about 20 hours. If you play it solo, you'll get a genuinely suspenseful survival horror experience. If you play it in co-op, you can have some fun beating up zombies. The atmosphere is great either way and the locational damage system is the best I've seen. Dismembering and/or crippling zombies has never been so satisfying.

14. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 04:31 Fibrocyte

13. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 02:40 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:48:
Grimrock was a nice nostalgia trip for an hour or so but it got boring and grindy fast. At the current price you can't lose, but I myself never finished it and never will.

I'm still holding out till Witcher 2 hits $5 at Xmas in a few weeks. Seeing as I couldn't really get into the first one I don't hold out much hope for this one either so it's going to have to be on the cheap.

What didn't you like about the first one? If it was the combat, you should probably know that Witcher 2's combat is completely different. You have direct input for every attack, block, parry, etc.

12. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 02:13 DangerDog

and that's a wrap, counting down the days till the xmas steam sale  

11. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 22:54 Prez

zombiefan wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 21:55:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 21:36:
What about Grimlock? While the game looks nice, I'm just not sure I can do the whole tile movement thing.

If you didn't grow up with tile-based movement games, I'd say pass on it. If you did and you liked them, it's a great throwback to yesteryear with a new coat of paint.

Yup. My son took one look at me playing it and scoffed. It isn't really going to win over new fans; it's for old school tile-based RPG nuts only.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 22:48 Cutter

Grimrock was a nice nostalgia trip for an hour or so but it got boring and grindy fast. At the current price you can't lose, but I myself never finished it and never will.

I'm still holding out till Witcher 2 hits $5 at Xmas in a few weeks. Seeing as I couldn't really get into the first one I don't hold out much hope for this one either so it's going to have to be on the cheap.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 21:55 zombiefan

What about Grimlock? While the game looks nice, I'm just not sure I can do the whole tile movement thing.

If you didn't grow up with tile-based movement games, I'd say pass on it. If you did and you liked them, it's a great throwback to yesteryear with a new coat of paint.

8. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 21:55 Dev

I enjoyed it, but watch the trailers and gameplay vids, see what you think. If you hate that idea after watching them, you probably won't like the game.

7. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 21:36 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 21:00 Asmo

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 20:02:
Oh goodie, GOG supports Window 8. One good reason for me not to support GOG.

Usually I leave these sort of posts alone but this one makes my brain hurt...

You have a company that is enabling old classics to be played on new OS's, have reasonable prices, no DRM, and adding Win 8 support takes absolutely nothing away from you if you choose not to use the OS, and that is somehow a bad thing?

I've seen some cynical bastards before but you really take the cake...

5. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2012, 20:32 Wowbagger_TIP

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 20:02:
Oh goodie, GOG supports Window 8. One good reason for me not to support GOG.

Confused

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo