Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Not Even Kidding: Hidden Camera Show Pulls Scariest Elevator Prank Ever. Insanely messed up. Thanks nin.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 14:13 Creston

It'd have been a bit creepier if she'd actually been made up like the kid from the Ring.

I would have been scared when the lights go out, because I'm already not fond of elevators, and then I would have likely jumped out of my skin when suddenly some small kid is in there with me, who came out of nowhere. Though I probably would think that, being old, my eyesight has just gone to shit and she's been there the whole time.

Then when she screamed, I probably would have kicked her...

Had they done this joke somewhere in Texas, some Raylan Givens-wannabe would have shot her.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 04:43 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:55:
How could you not immediately clue in? I'd know it was a prank instantly.

Brazil is a very religious country. It is primarily religion that is going to let you believe in bullshit like that.

Still, it was a fun prank.

12. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 01:59 eRe4s3r

Opposite for me, I want to cuddle the murderous monsters. This is why I was not scared in Fear after the Alma reveal and never again in Fear and neither in Ring. On the other hand, the audio ambiance in Dead Space creeped me out and Doom 3 as well, merely by their ambiance, not the gameplay itself.

I can be creeped out by well done Surround sound but just visually? Never. And when it's cute girls? Pshaw.. no chance.

This prank was hilarious imo, you can tell how bad people are at paying attention and actual critical thinking, lights go out in an elevator? No actual physical motion feeling? All these things (if you ever were on an elevator you'd know how vastly different it feels when it's moving or not). There is only 1 possible explanation for this = PRANK

11. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 00:53 NegaDeath

Not believing in ghosts or spiritual bullshit one single iota I doubt I'd be scared like them. The flickering lights would worry me as a potential mechanical failure in an elevator, and the sheer "wtf" factor of a kid appearing out of nowhere would make me jump. No cowering because of a "ghost kid" though, you can tell even with a tiny windowed version of the video its a kid in makeup. Of course its easy to say something like that and an entirely different thing to experience it firsthand.

Still though since there ARE a bunch of superstitious people out there this video was golden.

Edit: Just realized I'd probably notice there was no momentum on the fake elevator either.

10. Re: Into the Black Nov 27, 2012, 00:25 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:55:

Because people are gullible. Look at all the morons who thought The Blair Witch Project was real.

ON a related note, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. One of my roommates (Back in the college years) thought it would be hysterical to put on a Scream mask and surprise me when I got home from work one night. He jumped out of the closet with a fake knife and screamed. I bellowed back, grabbed his arm, smashed him into the wall, and kicked him in the face. He spent the night in the ER, and the police were not happy with him or another roomy who was in on it. (Of course, this was the same moron who loved to pick fights with me, despite the fact that he knew I had martial arts training AND I was almost a foot taller and 50lbs heavier than him. Derp.)

What happens when they play this kind of dumbass prank on someone who is armed? How do you explain to that girls parents that she was shot because they thought it would be hysterical to scare the shit out of someone who unbeknownst to them carried a gun?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 22:55 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 22:15 jdreyer

Okay, that's a pretty genius prank. But yeah, I wouldn't want to be the recipient.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:58 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 21:41:
nin wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 20:32:
I told Blue, it reminded me of Rat Boy for a few years ago...

As it's been quoted many times on Will and Grace "What in gay hell?!?"
And yes I've seen guys respond that like, but then again no gay man needs that much bleach and hair gel on their head.

I love his line about "Do you need help, little man?!?!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:41 The Half Elf

nin wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 20:32:

As it's been quoted many times on Will and Grace "What in gay hell?!?"
And yes I've seen guys respond that like, but then again no gay man needs that much bleach and hair gel on their head.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

5. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:16 Prez

That "prank" is hardcore. I think I would literally shit my pants, especially since while most others find movies like "The Ring" goofy, I find them disturbing and creepy.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:12 jimnms

I'm surprised someone didn't start swinging their bag and beat the girl down.  

MeanJim on Steam

3. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 21:08 HoSpanky

Good lord, with the age of a couple of the "contestants", they could have had a murder on their hands!

Also, what protected the little girl from someone "fighting their fears" and beating the crap out of the her?

I believe I have just seen about 10 or so people who will never get on an elevator for the rest of their lives.

2. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 20:32 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Into the Black Nov 26, 2012, 20:25 Longswd

It's all fun and games until the network is sued into oblivion for the intentional infliction of emotional distress.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo