Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Mobilization

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 26, 2012, 15:45 Kitkoan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 10:19:
Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 19:54:
Long story short, he's returning it for an Alienware laptop. And he's already looking at replacing his iPhone for an Android, etc... Too many problems with Apple products. You wouldn't notice the issues if you replace them every year, but if you don't, it's bad. Laptops that overheat easily, now screens that all but self destruct, home buttons that break after a year rendering the iPhone useless, etc... Add to it the crappy customer service now and there isn't any reason to buy Apple.

Well, there's fashion which is the primary reason their products are selling the volumes they are right now. Not that Apple's going to crash and go anywhere any time soon but their current growth path is not sustainable, it's a fashion trend.

If you want to see where their quality is these days, take a look at a Twitter feed called @applenag. It's a guy who has been a loyal Apple user since the early 80s and has multiple iPhones, iPads and Macs. And he deals with issues constantly that are common among power users of any platform. The difference being that most Apple fanbois sweep them under the rug or brush them off, lest they tarnish the image of their favourite perfect company, this guy states them all plainly (though I admit, I'm sure he over embellishes some of them for dramatic effect). Apple products have the same kinds of issues related to quality in both hardware and software as most other electronics do. They're not worse but they aren't nearly as better as the company, their fanbois (and especially their prices) would have you believe.

Major thing is though is I don't recall this many issues within such a short amount of time. This indicates a sudden drop in quality.

As for being for fashion, it's a dangerous game to play, more so since more are complaining of how boring iOS has become. And I'm not talking about techie users, my talking about basic users are starting to complain and looking towards android phones (I think Samsung has a lot to do with it since they tend to show what Android can do in their commercials. Basic users are noticing that yes, Android is a fully functional smartphone with bells and whistles.) Apple needs to try something new or they will be out of fashion and I think they are afraid to change. From what I've seen, even OSX hasn't really changed in 10 years.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 26, 2012, 10:19 Parallax Abstraction

Kitkoan wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 19:54:
Long story short, he's returning it for an Alienware laptop. And he's already looking at replacing his iPhone for an Android, etc... Too many problems with Apple products. You wouldn't notice the issues if you replace them every year, but if you don't, it's bad. Laptops that overheat easily, now screens that all but self destruct, home buttons that break after a year rendering the iPhone useless, etc... Add to it the crappy customer service now and there isn't any reason to buy Apple.

Well, there's fashion which is the primary reason their products are selling the volumes they are right now. Not that Apple's going to crash and go anywhere any time soon but their current growth path is not sustainable, it's a fashion trend.

If you want to see where their quality is these days, take a look at a Twitter feed called @applenag. It's a guy who has been a loyal Apple user since the early 80s and has multiple iPhones, iPads and Macs. And he deals with issues constantly that are common among power users of any platform. The difference being that most Apple fanbois sweep them under the rug or brush them off, lest they tarnish the image of their favourite perfect company, this guy states them all plainly (though I admit, I'm sure he over embellishes some of them for dramatic effect). Apple products have the same kinds of issues related to quality in both hardware and software as most other electronics do. They're not worse but they aren't nearly as better as the company, their fanbois (and especially their prices) would have you believe.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 26, 2012, 02:22 Jensen

What did I make up? I don't know the exact percentage of laptop displays that are TN, but I'd be suprised if it were below 99.

Apple sells extremely large numbers from a very limited product line. Any defect is going to be widely reported about.

Do you think Apple products have more defects than other devices? Have they become worse recently, or just more popular?

8. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 26, 2012, 00:15 Kitkoan

Jensen wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 20:41:
Apple releases a notebook with a display with more than twice as many pixels as any other notebook display ever, and with much better viewing angles than 99% of the competition.
One of them has a defect, and this means Apple products are taking a nosedive in quality?

When to start with you made up half your claim of quality and this is a known issue with this series and isn't just a problem with this one unit, yes.

One is a lemon, many of them is poor quality.

And the problem isn't limited to this one device. Macbook have always had overheating issues, they are getting worse now. Ghosting is also a horrible issue on the new displays. iPhone 5s were coming scratched or damage inside the box before people opened them. Water triggers on iPhone have been found to be pre triggered to avoid warranties, the one set of iPhone had antenna issues, the iPad 3 has issues with jumping between Wifi and 3g/LTE, siri is still a bad beta, Apple maps issues, each new version of OSX has been causing more problems then fixing with things like battery life dropping, iOS has the same problems. Shall I continue the list of Apples nose dive in quality?

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2012, 00:23.

7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 20:41 Jensen

Apple releases a notebook with a display with more than twice as many pixels as any other notebook display ever, and with much better viewing angles than 99% of the competition.
One of them has a defect, and this means Apple products are taking a nosedive in quality?

6. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 19:54 Kitkoan

DangerDog wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 14:48:
Sounds like Apple products are going to take a nose dive in terms of quality.

They already are. My roommate bought a $2500 rMBP and is already returning it for his money back. He was willing to overlook the OSX issues that were creeping up but the fact that the screen already has one dead pixel didn't help his feeling of quality. What made it worse is it seems that with these new screens if one pixel dies, it starts taking the rest with it. A week later more around it was dead and Apple is just being a bitch with it, trying to claim its his problem.

5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 18:18 ViRGE

Why would they? There are a number of battery manufacturers; you don't think every phone in the world uses a Samsung battery, do you? It's a relatively mature technology, so devices have a rather consistent quality and energy density among manufacturers.

4. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 16:49 jimnms

It won't matter. Most apple people upgrade to the latest iCrap as soon as it comes out, so even if apple has to use a lower quality battery with a shorter life, most apple customers will never know.

Steam Profile

3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 14:56 Julio

It won't matter, the Applesheeple will still buy them.

2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 14:48 DangerDog

1. Samsung Stops Making Apple Batteries. Nov 25, 2012, 13:44 jdreyer

Now shit is getting serious. It's not "just business" any longer. It's personal.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo