Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Metaverse.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 26, 2012, 16:56 BobBob

Get rid of e-mail.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 25, 2012, 18:26 Genesys

gilly775 wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:44:
How about educating the workplace users? I don't feel sorry for the guy in the article; he should have paid attention. I use the button a lot for work but that's because Project Managers like to email multiple people on emails and we have to give status updates to everyone. People should be smart enough to know how and when to use Reply to All. But there is no way (at least in IT) that we could forcibly have it removed for my job.

Same here. I hate when people don't use Reply All. If the incoming email was CC'ed to multiple people, any replies had better go to everyone too, otherwise the people not included in the reply are going to be missing information and might end up duplicating work.

4. Re: Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 25, 2012, 17:44 gilly775

jdreyer wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 13:47:
Totally agree. Get rid of Reply All as a button next to Reply. The fix is simple: make it a checkbox or something that you have to check before clicking Reply. Done.

How about educating the workplace users? I don't feel sorry for the guy in the article; he should have paid attention. I use the button a lot for work but that's because Project Managers like to email multiple people on emails and we have to give status updates to everyone. People should be smart enough to know how and when to use Reply to All. But there is no way (at least in IT) that we could forcibly have it removed for my job.

3. Re: Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 25, 2012, 14:05 nin

I tend to run into the opposite problem at work. I mean to Reply All and end up only hitting Reply and then need to resend.

I do the same thing. When I do manage to remember to hit reply all, my first thought is "who might I accidentally offend with this comment? Let's see..."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 25, 2012, 14:01 Sepharo

I tend to run into the opposite problem at work. I mean to Reply All and end up only hitting Reply and then need to resend. Typically that means the person who got the Reply is going to get a duplicate because I don't want them excluded from any follow-ups on the subsequent Reply All.

If the original message has an appropriate list of recipients in the first place then Reply All isn't so bad. Though that being said, the winnowing of the list is the responsibility of the replier.

1. Eradicating 'Reply All'. Nov 25, 2012, 13:47 jdreyer

Totally agree. Get rid of Reply All as a button next to Reply. The fix is simple: make it a checkbox or something that you have to check before clicking Reply. Done.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo