Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Legal Briefs

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 17:36 Nucas

that's fucking creeeepy.

raising kids to accept that their movements and activities are monitored at all times has no positive endgame.

well, not for the kids. i imagine the prospect of a controllable citizenry excites more than one power broker.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 17:15 Cutter

The Nazis may have lost the war but more and more it seems they won it if you take my meaning. We're headed for complete subservience and virtual slavery or bloody revolution. I'm personally down with the latter.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 16:47 Asmodai

Jivaro wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 16:06:
Mandatory tracking of legal citizens without some sort of "qualifying" criminal record is just wrong, regardless of age. I tried to come up with this scenario in my head where you embed the tag into school uniforms for elementary age children and younger...you know to help locate the child in case of abduction, fire, natural disaster, etc...and while it seemed more acceptable to me, it still is fairly easy to circumvent and in the end simply trains the child to accept constant invasion of privacy. I could not come up with a scenario involving teenagers where I found the pros to outweigh the cons.

I get what they are trying to do, I really do, I just think that the big picture concepts that this kind of thing stomps all over just aren't worth sacrificing.

The school are only trying to justify funding by giving proof of attendance. The kids are little better than cattle. Would people be as sanguine if they just barcoded the back of their necks and scanned them, or implanted the tracking device directly in to the child?

I've never been big on conspiracy theories or paranoia, but there are too many blatant signs these days that the establishment of government in the western world (eg. US, UK, Aus where I live) are constantly raising the stakes of authoritarianism dressed up as safety measures. And the sheople keep letting it happen.

I think the girls reasoning is flawed (as Cutter said, mark of the beast, lol) but good on her for sticking to her guns.

4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 16:31 ASeven

Just think of the children!

And the aardvarks while we're at it.

3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 16:06 Jivaro

Mandatory tracking of legal citizens without some sort of "qualifying" criminal record is just wrong, regardless of age. I tried to come up with this scenario in my head where you embed the tag into school uniforms for elementary age children and younger...you know to help locate the child in case of abduction, fire, natural disaster, etc...and while it seemed more acceptable to me, it still is fairly easy to circumvent and in the end simply trains the child to accept constant invasion of privacy. I could not come up with a scenario involving teenagers where I found the pros to outweigh the cons.

I get what they are trying to do, I really do, I just think that the big picture concepts that this kind of thing stomps all over just aren't worth sacrificing.

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 14:58 Julio

They'll bring back the chastity belt next. Its 'for your own good' just like the mandatory ID tags.  

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 14:31 Cutter

“I feel it’s an invasion of my religious beliefs,” she told Infowars. “I feel it’s the implementation of the Mark of the Beast. It’s also an invasion of my privacy and my other rights.”

Lol wtf? Mark of the Beast, eh? Really?

“Regimes in the past have always started with the schools, where they develop a compliant citizenry,” Whitehead continued. “These ‘Student Locator’ programs are ultimately aimed at getting students used to living in a total surveillance state where there will be no privacy, and wherever you go and whatever you text or email will be watched by the government.”

That I agree with and needs to be stopped. Fucking elites.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo