Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Autumn Sale Day Four

Steam News announces the lineup for day four of the Steam Autumn Sale. In addition to flash deals, today they are discounting Borderlands 2, F1 2012, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Total War: SHOGUN 2, and Mark of the Ninja.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

18. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:54 Beelzebud

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:45:
In case anyone doesn't have SPAZ, I'd highly recommend it, even if you don't normally like space games. It is a bit rough around the edges being a low budget indie but it is ridiculously addictive and fun nonetheless.

I hope to see a sequel with more depth soon from these guys.

I'll second SPAZ. It's a really fun little game. I got it on a sale months ago, and sunk about 60 hours in to it. It's worth the money, for sure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:48 Golwar

Ha, my plan works. Ordered a Vita and several games yesterday and now I managed to resist purchasing further games. Brilliant move! It just wasn't really cheap. ^^  

16. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:48 The Half Elf

In case anyone doesn't have SPAZ, I'd highly recommend it, even if you don't normally like space games. It is a bit rough around the edges being a low budget indie but it is ridiculously addictive and fun nonetheless.

And a rather festive mod community for it as well!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:47 Prez

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:45:

Thanks for offering It's a Steamworks game, right? So it'll have a Steam key with the retail copy? I haven't bought a retail game in so long, I might not remember how to open the box :-/

Yep - all you need is the key and you can activate and download through Steam.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:38:
Wowbagger - Do you want me to buy it for you and give you the key? You can get me back whenever.

EDIT: Damn that's right. They announced they had run out of keys yesterday. There's no 25% off coupon, but Gamestop and Gamefly have it for $30. Amazon has the retail version for $25 last I checked.

Thanks for offering It's a Steamworks game, right? So it'll have a Steam key with the retail copy? I haven't bought a retail game in so long, I might not remember how to open the box :-/

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:39 Dev

RDR GotY with all the DLC is at $15 from walmart (can order online and pickup at store with no shipping charge) and amazon right now.

Also there's a massive MS sale on for $10 for a ton of games, both console and PC. I gave links and info in the previous sale thread. It also sounds like the B&M ms stores have the same pricing, so if something is out online, it might be in their store. If you are lucky enough to live close to one that is. The MS site says you live in a "town" if you aren't close to one when checking locations (pretty sure that 500k+ population isn't a town).
$10 games included diablo 3, and skyrim (last I checked they were out of stock online though) as well as dozens of others.

12. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:38 Prez

Wowbagger - Do you want me to buy it for you and give you the key? You can get me back whenever.

EDIT: Damn that's right. They announced they had run out of keys yesterday. There's no 25% off coupon, but Gamestop and Gamefly have it for $30. Amazon has the retail version for $25 last I checked.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:37 Wowbagger_TIP

Dev wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:36:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:34:
I was just trying to pick up Dishonored at GMG, but it won't let me buy it. No buy button on the game's page, and the buy button that was on the front page just led to a 404 error. Now the game doesn't seem to show up at all, even when searching for it.
As mentioned in the previous sale thread on blues, they announced that they ran out of keys, and were tryign to get more. More than likely they will put it back up then.

Or they are just getting hit way too much for their poor servers

Ahh ok, I missed that. Thanks.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:36 DrSquick

I would also second the SPAZ recommendation. I am pretty bad at it, so I have not beat it yet, but it is fantastic space fun!

This is why games need an "easy" setting, so even nincompoops like me can see the whole game.

9. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:36 Dev

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:34:
I was just trying to pick up Dishonored at GMG, but it won't let me buy it. No buy button on the game's page, and the buy button that was on the front page just led to a 404 error. Now the game doesn't seem to show up at all, even when searching for it.
As mentioned in the previous sale thread on blues, they announced that they ran out of keys, and were tryign to get more. More than likely they will put it back up then.

Or they are just getting hit way too much for their poor servers

I agree

8. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:34 Wowbagger_TIP

7. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:19 Wallshadows

Well fuck. I should have known BL2 would go on sale but didn't think it would be 50%. OFC, I just spent most of my budget on Christmas gifts and payday is on Thursday.

Owell, c'est la vie.

6. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 18:04 nin

For the two remaining people that don't own DX:HR, now's the time.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 17:45 Prez

- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 17:39 PHJF

Perfect, after NS2 I had $5 sitting in the steam wallet and Hotline Miami is $5 atm.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 17:31 xXBatmanXx

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:28:
About "Mark of the Ninja": Is it good enough for someone who otherwise dislikes 2D sidescrollers? It is from the same people who made Shank, which I enjoyed for its art and style, so this may be one I'll enjoy as well.

It is pretty close to shank.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 17:28 Prez

About "Mark of the Ninja": Is it good enough for someone who otherwise dislikes 2D sidescrollers but who likes stealth games to enjoy? It is from the same people who made Shank, which I enjoyed for its art and style, so this may be one I'll enjoy as well.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 17:20 Jerykk

Mark of the Ninja was an excellent stealth game and well worth the full price, letalone $7.50. Possibly the best stealth game in years.

I'd recommend DX:HR as well, though I'm pretty sure everyone already has it by now.

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo