Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Autumn Sale Day Four

Steam News announces the lineup for day four of the Steam Autumn Sale. In addition to flash deals, today they are discounting Borderlands 2, F1 2012, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Total War: SHOGUN 2, and Mark of the Ninja.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

38. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:38 jacobvandy

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:34:
The idea of a digital game being out of stock still strikes me as hilarious.

"Sorry - we are currently out of 1's and 0's. We hope to be receiving another shipment on Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Except that's what happens with GMG, and anyone else reselling keys for other services. Because they're not handing out the data, just licenses...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:35 Rattlehead

I got dark souls for $15 from amazon...hardest game ever. I mean fucking brutal...it's just downright mean. Definitely not a game for the weak. It requires alot of trial and error, not my cup of tea.  

36. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:34 Prez

The idea of a digital game being out of stock still strikes me as hilarious.

"Sorry - we are currently out of 1's and 0's. We hope to be receiving another shipment on Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:29 dj LiTh

Both skyrim and Max Payne 3 show as out of stock on the MS Store page. I already had skyrim but was tempted by MP3 for 10$....guess MS saved me 10$

damn! ninja edited!

34. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:28 nin

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:22:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:02:
Also, MS has some nice deals right now: MS Store

Best deals are Skyrim and Max Payne 3 for $10. Lowest prices I've seen anywhere.

What the hell? What is the catch here? Is this X-Box or something? It says pc games but I'm wondering why these crafty devils have Skyrim for 10 dollars?!? (My targeted price!!)

Does it require download through GFWL or something?

*EDIT* Ah, the catch is that Skyrim, Max Payne 3, etc. Are all OUT OF STOCK. You win again, Microsoft.

Heh.

edit:

Half hour left on Hotline Miami ($5) on steam!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

33. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 22:02:

Best deals are Skyrim and Max Payne 3 for $10. Lowest prices I've seen anywhere.

What the hell? What is the catch here? Is this X-Box or something? It says pc games but I'm wondering why these crafty devils have Skyrim for 10 dollars?!? (My targeted price!!)

Does it require download through GFWL or something?

*EDIT* Ah, the catch is that Skyrim, Max Payne 3, etc. Are all OUT OF STOCK. You win again, Microsoft.

32. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:20 Sepharo

Snuggle Truck eh?

4 friends already own this game:

Prez
Devistater
Kitkoan
jimnms

motherofgod.jpg

31. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:04 Prez

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 21:14:

Edit: Btw Prez how's Snuggle Truck? Everything you dreamed it would be?

I believe it was Creston and I giggling about that one today on chat.

It was so awesome that I ... haven't installed it yet. I only pointed out that I didn't own it one day when it was the Steam daily deal to illustrate to those who claim I own every game on Steam that I don't buy EVERY game on Steam. It was the first time I had ever been "gift-trolled". I ought to play it for hundreds of hours just to show you guys! By the way, I don't yet own Assassin's Creed 3; don't you think you should gift-troll me again?

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 22:10.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

30. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 22:02 Jerykk

29. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 21:57 MoreLuckThanSkill

Fallen Enchantress is also 50% off, $19.99. I bought it, and it's actually pretty good.

I am playing my first/test game on easy, and amazingly my main Hero got one-shot by an ogre, like 2 feet from my first town. It definitely has a little bit of a learning curve, and the tutorial videos seem somewhat out of date with the actual game sometimes, but learning it as I go is enjoyable too.

That same Hero got revived, got an army, went back and killed the ogre of course. Then he got a Worg mount as a random drop a little bit later. It's all good now.

Unexplained gameplay: Is there a city limit, or a city limit within a certain radius of one another? High resource spots sometimes disappear after I plunk down another town/outpost nearby, aka preventing me from dropping another settlement there. I can't find any city counter or radius around a town that would explain this behavior. It is forcing me to move out and explore more before dropping another settlement.

ps. also bought Home for $1.01... how can you avoid it at that price? Also, buy Limbo if you guys haven't already... bought it a few days ago, played through it with only minor keyboard smashing; that game is beautiful once you get passed the incorrect jump rage.

*EDIT* Typo.

28. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 21:54 Jerykk

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:28:
About "Mark of the Ninja": Is it good enough for someone who otherwise dislikes 2D sidescrollers but who likes stealth games to enjoy? It is from the same people who made Shank, which I enjoyed for its art and style, so this may be one I'll enjoy as well.

Maybe? "2D sidescroller" is a pretty vague term. There are lots of genres that fit within that description. Mark of the Ninja is 2D and it does have scrolling but it is a stealth game. What's great about MotN is that it clearly conveys all the important mechanics of stealth games (line of sight, last known position, sound radius, vision cones, etc). This means you spend less time trying to guess whether or not a guard will detect you and more time sneaking around. The game also facilitates and rewards all stealth playstyles, whether you like ghosting, stealthy killing or just messing with the AI. It is the only game in recent memory that rewards you for sneaking past enemies instead of neutralizing them. Games like Dishonored and DX:HR made a big deal about non-lethal playthroughs but that's really just semantics. There's no meaningful difference between killing someone and knocking them out. Non-violent playthroughs are a whole other matter and MotN recognizes this fact.

27. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 21:32 dj LiTh

I bit on SPAZ, looked good and you guys seem to vouch for it...sold  

26. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 21:14 nin

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 19:09:
nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:04:
For the two remaining people that don't own DX:HR, now's the time.

$5 eh, hmmm. I could wait till it's $2.50... ah what the hell I'll splurge

EDIT: any of the three DLC packs worth getting, seeing as they are all %75 off ATM.

Missing Link, definitely. That's another 5-8 hours* of gameplay, that ties into a spot in the main game.

*I think I spent around 8, but I also explored everywhere.

I believe it was Creston and I giggling about that one today on chat.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

25. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 20:07 Cutter

Ima wait for the Xmas sale for other stuff. Still have 10 items on my wishlist that aren't discounted enough yet. I'm hoping they get the Dragonborn DLC out and on sale for it too as I want to do a new Skyrim playthrough oer Xmas along with purchasing all the DLC for it and checking out some of those sweet mods. I really hope Anno finally gets down to a reasonable price too.

;0

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

24. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:47 Dev

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 19:20:
Anyway, I'm glad that the new King's Bounty went on sale. I'm a huge fan of the series but I couldn't justify the UK price when it's basically a rehash of the previous games. I was happy to grab it at 50% off and I've already sunk 5hrs into it. It's more of the same but that's good for me.
Be aware that it has more issues and bugs than any previous one (I think because a different dev house did it). They ARE patching it, but most of the patch fixes require a restart of the game to work. If you are the type to play it through only once, then I'd suggest waiting until its patched up a bit more. If you plan to play through it a number of times, go for it, no need to wait. I don't think there's any current show stoppers after the current patches (I know that unpatched there was at least one crash bug that wouldn't let you even complete one of the fights with a certain bad guy in it). I'm enjoying it as is, and I enjoyed the previous games too.
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 19:21:

EDIT: any of the three DLC packs worth getting, seeing as they are all %75 off ATM.
Only 'The Missing Link' - the rest are junk.
The Missing link is a MUST get dlc btw. It adds significant improvements to the game engine over the entire game, not just the DLC.
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 19:36:
Blew my wad buying 2 phones today.......game purchasing season is over.
Which ones? Those $50 prepaid androids at walmart that caused riots?

23. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:36 xXBatmanXx

Blew my wad buying 2 phones today.......game purchasing season is over.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

22. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:21 theyarecomingforyou

Only 'The Missing Link' - the rest are junk.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

21. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:20 theyarecomingforyou

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:34:
I was just trying to pick up Dishonored at GMG, but it won't let me buy it. No buy button on the game's page, and the buy button that was on the front page just led to a 404 error. Now the game doesn't seem to show up at all, even when searching for it.
They seem to have removed the digital version and the DVD-ROM version is out of stock. Sounds like they've exceeded their allotment.

Anyway, I'm glad that the new King's Bounty went on sale. I'm a huge fan of the series but I couldn't justify the UK price when it's basically a rehash of the previous games. I was happy to grab it at 50% off and I've already sunk 5hrs into it. It's more of the same but that's good for me.

Btw, if Dear Esther comes around again (it was in the flash sales) then I highly recommend it. It's short and it doesn't have any interaction or combat, but the atmosphere is excellent and it's really original. I took a few screenshots: Night Sky; Wilderness; Beach but they really don't do it justice; you really have to play it to understand.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

20. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:09 Yosemite Sam

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:04:
For the two remaining people that don't own DX:HR, now's the time.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 19:15.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

19. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Day Four Nov 24, 2012, 19:05 Golwar

Yeah, SPAZ is really great ... till you reach the zombified center, then it's getting slightly annoying.
I think they improved that with a later patch, never really tried that though.

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo