Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads

The Baldur's Gate Website announces that preloads of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition are now being offered in advance of next week's release of the updated role-playing game. The news is accompanied by some screenshots and this new trailer. Here's word:

Overhaul Games is excited to announce that pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun ahead of final release on November 28th, 2012. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for PC is available exclusively through Beamdog, and can be purchased here.

If you've already purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, you can either pre-load it through the Beamdog client, which can be found here, or through the Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Installer which can be downloaded here.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:42 Draugr

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 12:58:
With the widescreen patch the interface fits perfectly, there is no letterboxing or wasted space, and you can also change the resolution as well. So no, nothing flawed about the logic. Unless it includes some pretty massive overhauls, engine or graphics updates, or gameplay changes, this wasn't necessary.

So its confirmed, you don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps if your going to comment on something you should actually look into it.

Even IF this was a straight rerelease with just widescreen support, I think it's fair to say that the enhanced edition wasn't released for those hardcore gamers who played BG 15 years ago and are willing to take steps to 'modernize' the game in some ways on their own, or too add additional content.

Just like Nintendo releasing their old games, they recognize that there are plenty of ways to enjoy their games, even for free, but that isn't going to stop them from trying to introduce the games to a new audience, and there are of course the customers who don't want to go through the hassle of manually modding games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:37 Ant

Jivaro wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 13:30:
I collect downloader clients. It is my new hobby. Collecting games got too expensive.
Which ones do you have?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

8. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:30 Jivaro

I collect downloader clients. It is my new hobby. Collecting games got too expensive.  

7. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:12 Ant

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 12:26:
Steam or go home. I don't need Yet Another Download Client.

For me, I don't want ANY. OK, maybe for GetRight, Orbit Downloader, wget, aria2c, etc. for general download manager clients.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

6. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:09 pagb

+1

5. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:58 JohnBirshire

This is more than just a widescreen patch. They had done a lot of other changes to the game to make the UI fit correctly and a lot of other enhancements. so your logic is flawed.
With the widescreen patch the interface fits perfectly, there is no letterboxing or wasted space, and you can also change the resolution as well. So no, nothing flawed about the logic. Unless it includes some pretty massive overhauls, engine or graphics updates, or gameplay changes, this wasn't necessary. I agree with nin as well, I don't need to have 100 different download clients installed, let me grab it from a website or Steam.

4. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:48 dheer

Thankfully, you don't have to use the beamdog client to download or play the game. There's a separate downloader just for the game and once you activate, you no longer need it.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

3. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:30 Darks

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 12:22:
You can buy this on GOG, install the widescreen patch, and be playing this game problem-free within 5 minutes of reading this. So I'm not sure how neccessary this overhaul was. But I'm a sucker for old school epic RPGs, so will probably buy it anyways.

This is more than just a widescreen patch. They had done a lot of other changes to the game to make the UI fit correctly and a lot of other enhancements. so your logic is flawed. But Iím with nin, Steam or nada.

Also, after watching the video, yea this defiantly is looking old. The zoom factor is set to far out. Everything looks too small. Great game back in its day, but not up to modern standards. I think I would rather play Temple of Elemental Evil. At least it looks better, or Neverwinter nights.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:26 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 12:22 JohnBirshire

You can buy this on GOG, install the widescreen patch, and be playing this game problem-free within 5 minutes of reading this. So I'm not sure how neccessary this overhaul was. But I'm a sucker for old school epic RPGs, so will probably buy it anyways.  

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo