Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed III Patch

The Assassin's Creed III Website now offers a Thanksgiving patch to update the recently released action/stealth sequel to version 1.01. The download is mirrored on The Patches Scrolls. Update: Apparently this is the proper change list for this patch, rather than what was originally posted here. Apologies for the confusion.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 23:51 shinchan0s

I've never played any of the games, but it's weird that the Native American protagonist is fighting for the Americans.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 22:02 Quinn

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 00:22:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 20:21:
Trying doing it while enemies storm at you, it is impossible to aim at a barrel (the white marker, despite the aim being at the barrel, snaps to a guard instead). Or try aiming that way from above (tree, roof), it is nigh impossible unless the auto aim accidently targets what you want to target

I have no such issues when shooting from above, and trying to shoot at something while people are running at you is folly anyways. :-shrug-:

(Quinn's edit) I'm awesome. I'm in the first 10% of most awesome AC players in the world and I somehow want you all to know it! (/Quinn's edit)

Creston

Forget about the edit of mine. It's self-explenatory. As for the first part.. Are you an AC fanboiii, Creston? The way you justified that annoying auto-aiming that eRe4s3r mentioned by saying it's "folly" to aim at something while people are running toward you (really, what!?) disgusts me. It's just so.. moronic. It's very.. telling. Had to throw it out there.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

19. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 13:59 Quboid

I thought Brotherhood was Assassin's Creed 2; it's Brotherhood I meant. I didn't realise the MP and SP had different mouse handling (why the hell is that?!), it was the SP that put me off.

Anyone know how AC3 deals with this, in MP and SP?

- Quboid

18. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 05:19 kyleb

Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 16:17:
I've only played Ass Creed 2, because I was interested in the The Ship style multiplayer. However, the mouse control rendered it unplayable - has this improved? I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, possibly horrible acceleration.

2 didn't have mulitplayer, that started with Brotherhood, and it has a bit of acceleration and smoothing in muilplayer, but it works well enough. On the other hand Brotherhood single player has so much acceleration and smoothing that at least with my mouse there's only a small range of speed where turning the view actually works, and moving the mouse slower or faster than that tiny range results in hardly any movement of the view at all. Revelations fixed that for SP and kept decent in MP. I've not tried the PC version of 3 yet though, so I can't speak for that. I can say the MP is a blast, been playing on the 360 since I couldn't wait for the PC version.

17. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 03:38 StingingVelvet

I've only played Ass Creed 2, because I was interested in the The Ship style multiplayer. However, the mouse control rendered it unplayable - has this improved? I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, possibly horrible acceleration.

I had this same problem, mouse control was pretty much unusable in AC2 for me. It was odd since AC1 had very good mouse controls.

People have told me AC2 was fine with a mouse though, so maybe you and I had a glitch. In any case I played it and Brotherhood with a pad and they play fine that way.

16. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 24, 2012, 00:22 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 20:21:
Trying doing it while enemies storm at you, it is impossible to aim at a barrel (the white marker, despite the aim being at the barrel, snaps to a guard instead). Or try aiming that way from above (tree, roof), it is nigh impossible unless the auto aim accidently targets what you want to target

I have no such issues when shooting from above, and trying to shoot at something while people are running at you is folly anyways. :-shrug-:

Has anyone found out if and where the game keeps track of statistics? It keeps telling me I'm in the top 10% in the world for all these stats (kills, mostly), I'm curious to see what they are...

(Edit: nm, found them. They are under Training Center, stats. Weird place to put them, but oh well.)

Creston

15. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 20:21 eRe4s3r

14. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 20:19 Parias

Mouse control was great for me - I've actually always been a fan of the mouse implementation for the AC games just because it's one of the few franchises to ship with a native 5-mouse-button control scheme that works well.

But I've also got a pretty high-end mouse with easily-scalable DPI settings, so maybe that's why I had less of an issue with the input in general.

13. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 20:12 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 16:25:
What liberties are they taking with the history?

Cutter the entire series is if pretty sci-fi, history being distorted is the least of the worries.

While I have the 360 version, so far I like it. Not very far into the game, but I'm really enjoying the sea combat, but overall the combat has been changed a bit over the easy mode of the previous games.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 18:53 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 11:46:
The one and only thing I absolutely DETEST about this game is the completely utterly total shitty crappy aiming system for guns. So you are master assassin but you can't aim at a barrel that 3 guards stand next to (game lets the aim snap to the guards, always, there is literally no way to aim at explosive barrels when the enemy stands near them, you have to aim at them ahead of time..)

Besides that, awesome game. Also just for the record, the naval battles are awesome, stunning, visceral. And thankfully, not needlessly realistic.

Hit LT to free aim. It's even explained to you in the actual tutorial that everyone always complains about.

My biggest issue with the game is that despite saying they fixed the "Ezio/Conner jumps off shit to their death instead of jumping to the roof/tree you were clearly aiming for" it's possibly even gotten worse. And the much vaunted "free running through the trees" part... well, I mean, it's there, but if you want to get INTO the trees, you first have to find one of the "on-ramps", so to speak. You can't just climb into whatever tree you like. First you have to spend two minutes finding a tree that'll let you get up there.

And then once you're up, you'll find that it's not really so much free-running, as they are like little highways across the treelines. They will take you from point A to point B (usually about 100 meters away), and that's it. No deviation or anything.

It seems pretty much pointless, to be honest. I just run along the ground; it goes much, much faster.

Other than that, I'm having a great time with the game. I think I FINALLY finished the tutorial (which I agree is way too long, even if it was pretty interesting. I saw the big reveal that Haytham is actually a templar coming from a fucking MILE away, however,) and now I'm hunting, gathering up people for my homestead, and generally just loving the beautiful frontier landscape they made. It looks gorgeous on the PC, and it again makes me fucking curse Rockstar that they won't put RDR on the PC.

Naval battles, something which everyone was so worried about, are bloody fantastic (if a bit aggravating sometimes), and the combat system is, in my opinion, very much improved. There are multiple tough enemies in a group now, for whom the "counter/kill" move simply doesn't work, so you have to be very careful with who you counter and who you dodge, etc. The inclusion of firearms (forcing you to grab a human shield), as well as the much faster combat itself, make for very exciting fights. Several times I've managed to get a heavy to kill the officer of the group by luring or throwing the officer into the path of the heavy's power attack. Quite satisfying that.

Yes, the story is naff, and the forced Desmond bits are irritating. (Though I wonder if they're trying to gauge interest in a modern AC setting, with the missions they send him on.) But that's nothing new. Also, the story suddenly seems to have made the conclusion that, oh yeah, Lucy was a traitor. When exactly, did they figure this out for sure? They make a similar mistake in the connor story when Connor and Achilles look at a picture of Haythem, and they both know that Haythem is Connor's father. It's already weird for Connor to know this, but Achilles? Come on.

As for the heaps and heaps of "collectables", eh, you don't HAVE to do them.

Btw, does anyone know where these additional single player missions in the deluxe edition are supposed to happen? I can't find them anywhere...

Anyway, I'm not quite as impressed with it as I was with AC2, but I still think AC3 is a great game. I'm having a great time with it.

Creston

11. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 16:42 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 16:25:

Won't somebody please think of the children!

- Quboid

10. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 16:25 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 16:17 Quboid

- Quboid

8. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 14:47 Xil

Of the 3 I personally found this the worst, its not bad or anything but I honestly enjoyed the settings and story lines of the other two more, 2 being the best, then 1 then 3.

spoiler:

Maybe has to do with being European and thus the whole red coats vs the rebellion and the (native American) assassin basicly helping to found the united states a bit iffy considering what it brought them in the end

7. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 14:46 NewMaxx

I'm a fan of the series. Not that far into this one, yet, but so far...well, the beginning is a bit slow. Drags on a lot like Brotherhood did (which was my favorite overall of the series), I guess for people used to the old games this one can be a bit jarring because of the leap forward in time. A lot of liberties are taken with history and, as an American, that lends itself to greater critique. Some of the new stuff (ships) is pretty cool, they certainly like trying new things with this series, I just don't know yet where it's going to fall in the hierarchy of the series yet, although it has to be better than Revelations.  

6. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 14:23 Parias

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 14:08:
Interesting... I heard this game is the worst one of the series. I'll have to investigate more before I grab it for my son for xmas.

Considered the worst for what reasons, out of curiosity? I've heard exactly the opposite and plan to buy this game as soon as possible.

5. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 14:08 Fibrocyte

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 11:46:
The one and only thing I absolutely DETEST about this game is the completely utterly total shitty crappy aiming system for guns. So you are master assassin but you can't aim at a barrel that 3 guards stand next to (game lets the aim snap to the guards, always, there is literally no way to aim at explosive barrels when the enemy stands near them, you have to aim at them ahead of time..)

Besides that, awesome game. Also just for the record, the naval battles are awesome, stunning, visceral. And thankfully, not needlessly realistic.

Interesting... I heard this game is the worst one of the series. I'll have to investigate more before I grab it for my son for xmas.

4. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 13:55 Sho

The PDF with the change list has 5600 pages, most of which are obviously empty. I think it needs a patch.  

3. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 12:54 J

I lol'd  

2. Re: Assassin's Creed III Patch Nov 23, 2012, 12:12 voltov

Hold F to free aim  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo