Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

View
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

54. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:58 Acleacius

Dev wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 10:11:
There's a BIG ms store $10 sale:
link with links....
Great find, thanks Dev. Any idea if we get a code we can use on Steam? Personally I really don't want another proprietary system.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 11:26.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

53. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:49 Acleacius

Wanted to keep this in it's own post so people who haven't completed Dishonored can avoid it. Just don't even bother looking until you complete the game. This would be of no use to first time player, because you wouldn't know what you need or want. SERIOUSLY.

One of the more frustrating issues is not being able to get the Bone Charms you want for your intended playstyle. There is a solution but it's a bit painful, since BCs are not setup like Runes. Bone Charms are spawned/created on Level Creation. This means if you Save your game BEFORE you start a new area/zone (has to be a first time level load) you can replay an area till you get the BC you want. This can be extremely frustrating if there is a non skippable cutscene. Wall so avoid this unless you are Hardcore Hardheaded.

A good example is the Distillery on the first visit (actually good for second visit too). Save before entering the zone, then just Stealth/Blink on the roof to the right building, then across the pipe, drop down and make your way to the back where the BC is waiting up on a shelf. It takes me less than 3 min to stealth back to it, since I know the timing. The 2nd trip here, is non hostile so even easier to get the BC, just save before entering.

Some zones contain 2 or 3 BCs so, I will stealth run to all 3 and decide if they are worth it. There is one BC you can Save right in front of it and if it's not what you want, just Quick Load. It's the only one in the game spawned on the spot, not zone creation. Since there are about 35 BCs, every time you get one it increases the odds next time, getting the one you want.

As a Ghost, No Kill player, with added challenge of No Hostile Standing, my main choices:
Spiritual Pool
Swift Shadow
Undertaker
Strong Arm
Fleet Fighter
Rat Scent

The obviously negative impact is you spend 30 minutes or more getting what you want. The benefit is the sooner you get what you want, the more time you have to play the game, the way you want.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 2012, 11:05.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

52. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:14 Dev

Red dead redemption GOTY (with all DLC) for xbox/ps3 is $15 at walmart (order online with in store pickup), and amazon.

I gave up on waiting for rockstar at that price. I generally don't own much or even play much console games (probably been 6-8 months since I turned on the xbox), but for that game I'll make an exception.

51. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 10:11 Dev

There's a BIG ms store $10 sale:
link with links

Note that many are sold out such as skyrim PC, diablo 3 at $10. I missed out on that

Xbox 360 Games
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Silent Hill HD Collection
Protoype 2
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Kingdoms Of Amalur Reckoning
Mass Effect 3
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
A Game of Thrones
Spec Ops: The Line
Silent Hill: Downpour
Max Payne 3
SoulCalibur V
Saints Row The Third
Batman: Arkham City
Rocksmith
MLB 2K12/NBA 2K12 Combo Pack
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
UFC Undisputed 3
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Just Dance 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
Many more

PC Games
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Kit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Diablo 3
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Max Payne 3
Mass Effect 3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Many more

50. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 08:55 Acleacius

PHJF wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 22:37:
Seriously, I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it

I played for like thirty minutes and it didn't grab me (so i went back to borderlands). The opening of the game was something awful.
It does have a slow start in the story sense and the several Live Action Cutscenes prevent skipping. Annoyed

It excels at Freeform Gameplay and if you like Steampunk, you be happy once you get control back after the opening scene.

49. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 08:10 xXBatmanXx

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 07:52:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 00:15:
damn, i want deadlight, but it just came out...i will wait for the holiday sale...

It's already on sale for 50% off...

Just can't do it....MSFT studios game. Looks like a 5.00 game....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

48. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 07:58 xXBatmanXx

Green Man Gaming &#8207;@GreenManGaming

Hi all, we've temporarily run out of Dishonored keys due to immense popularity of our deal. We're working to get more but no ETA. -Love GMG

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

47. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 07:52 Jerykk

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 00:15:
damn, i want deadlight, but it just came out...i will wait for the holiday sale...

It's already on sale for 50% off...

46. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2012, 00:15 xXBatmanXx

45. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 22:37 PHJF

Seriously, I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it

I played for like thirty minutes and it didn't grab me (so i went back to borderlands). The opening of the game was something awful.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

44. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 22:22 The Half Elf

Yeah as nin said, hard to compete with the COD/Halo, as this is very much a thinking man's shooter/stealth game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

43. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 22:05 nin

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 20:53:
Ok, I bought Dishonored. With the code and my remaining credit left over from buying Gods and Kings it came out to $20 so that's not too shabby. It better be good you guys! *shakes a fist menacingly*

Seriously, I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it. And it's disappointing it flew under the radar, and kind of got lost in the big fall shuffle. It deserves a lot better than that.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

42. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 21:30 The Half Elf

Dev wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 20:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:45:
As for the boyfriend part... I want another gamer boyfriend. My ex was one of those types that really liked watching me play cause they couldn't play the games but really liked the story (Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption), and became a 4 box EQ player after I introduced him to it (yeah didn't see that one coming).
I think there's a surfeit of gamer boyfriends. Its the gamer girlfriends that there's a shortage of

Yeah but it's finding one that's actually in shape, masculine, and has no interest in ever going into a Pottery Barn that I'm looking for. Oh and not afraid of playing Fruit Ninja (or any Kinect game) while intoxicated and in front of others lol.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

41. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 21:12 Spike

Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:59:
Don't bother with the deluxe version. Get the regular one. There is literally nothing in the deluxe version that's worth paying money for.

Creston

Yeah I'm going to stick with the regular version for sure. Will be pulling the trigger on the GMG deal soon. (Thanks nin!)

40. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 20:53 Cutter

Ok, I bought Dishonored. With the code and my remaining credit left over from buying Gods and Kings it came out to $20 so that's not too shabby. It better be good you guys! *shakes a fist menacingly*

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

39. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 20:53 eunichron

Dev wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 20:22:
As for the boyfriend part... I want another gamer boyfriend. My ex was one of those types that really liked watching me play cause they couldn't play the games but really liked the story (Mass Effect and Red Dead Redemption), and became a 4 box EQ player after I introduced him to it (yeah didn't see that one coming).
I think there's a surfeit of gamer boyfriends. Its the gamer girlfriends that there's a shortage of

Every girl gamer I've met fits that terrible "Gurl Gamer" trope. It makes me glad that my girlfriend isn't a gamer.

38. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 20:22 Dev

37. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 19:50 nin

Acleacius wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:08:
Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:48:
Anyway, how is Dishonored? Seriously? Is is any good? What's it like? Thief? Bioshock? Is it really consolized?
Seriously good, almost great. Thief?...check...Deus Ex?...check...Bioshock?...check...Half-Life?...check. Ain't that enough for you mister fancy pants!

Dishonored is one of my fav games of the year. Get it!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

36. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 19:40 The Half Elf

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:48:
mag wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:12:
Dark Souls for PC on Amazon: $15.

Dooo it.

Much as I'd like to I've heard it's just a horrendous port. Even on Steam there's a disclaimer saying you should be playing with a console controller. I seem to recall the devs saying they didn't really care about PC and it was going to be a half-assed port at best. It's hard to want to reward that sort of attitude with a sale.

Anyway, how is Dishonored? Seriously? Is is any good? What's it like? Thief? Bioshock? Is it really consolized?

I'm enjoying it even though I'm not very far into it. Has a pretty cliche starting story, and no self shadow, and I'm not sure I'm thrilled about 10 item inventory being set to a wheel (then again not sure if I can setup hot keys), but so far so good. If anything it's making me more interested in Bioshock Infinite.

35. Re: On Sale Nov 23, 2012, 19:29 A51Abductee

Acleacius wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:10:
Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 18:59:
Don't bother with the deluxe version. Get the regular one. There is literally nothing in the deluxe version that's worth paying money for.

Creston
Agreed, that $42 coupon deal is sweet.

You can actually buy the Deluxe version as an upgrade from the regular game from Black Lion Trading with gems if you care. Gems can be converted to/from the in-game currency.

74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo