Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Oops, thanks to dj LiTh for pointing out I missed picking one of the games this week: For the Bills/Colts game I'll take the Colts. We had an awesome time for Thanksgiving yesterday, the food came out great, and it was wonderful spending time with our family. Today is that Black Friday that is such a treat for people who love bargains, and of course people who love crowds. I hope you are in a position to avoid this, but if it's your thing, I at least hope you can avoid being trampled.

Black Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Thanks for Playing.
Stories: Early start to US Black Friday shopping welcomed by some, not all.
Science: ADHD medication could help cut crime rates, Swedish study finds.
Media: Black Friday 2012 fights at Walmart, Target (NMA-style).
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flips himself instead of football.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 13:27 Verno

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 13:16:
I don't get Black Friday as time and again they show that the deals aren't any better than any other time of year and can be actually worse in a lot of cases. That and fighting massive crowds, lineups, etc. It's sheer stupidity.

Edit: Some good sales on at GMG today however.

It's like Boxing Day up there with more pushing. There are some good deals on Black Friday that you typically won't see any other time of year but it's usually just stuff designed to get you to the store so the stock is really limited.

I did however manage to get 5x3TB drives for my new NAS at $84 a pop after price matching before stock ran out. Online BF stuff is getting better.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 13:16 Cutter

I don't get Black Friday as time and again they show that the deals aren't any better than any other time of year and can be actually worse in a lot of cases. That and fighting massive crowds, lineups, etc. It's sheer stupidity.

Edit: Some good sales on at GMG today however.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2012, 13:23.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 13:15 Verno

PHJF wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 13:04:
Javier Bardem's villain performance in NCfOM is one of the greatest of all time

... really? The whole "100% deadpan" thing isn't much of a task, for any actor. His Skyfall character is a million times better.

Yeah I have to agree, his performance in No Country was so distant that I'm surprised people are still lauding it. He was perfectly cast and effective but it didn't exactly require much. Pretty much anyone else in the cast showed more range. He's a good actor but that's far from my favorite villain or even just stand out performances that come to mind.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 13:04 PHJF

Javier Bardem's villain performance in NCfOM is one of the greatest of all time

... really? The whole "100% deadpan" thing isn't much of a task, for any actor. His Skyfall character is a million times better.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 12:58 nin

I haven't seen Skyfall yet

Go. Now. One of my favorite movies of this year. Outstanding flick.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 12:42 jdreyer

I agree, the Amazon BRD deals are pretty good. Picked up Last Samurai, Downey's Sherlock, and No Country for Old Men, which is one of the most amazing movies. I haven't seen Skyfall yet, bit Javier Bardem's villain performance in NCfOM is one of the greatest of all time. And, while Downey's Sherlock isn't as good as the modern BBC take with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman (which is absolutely amazing. Two seasons streaming on Netflix right now) it's still a fun popcorn movie.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 12:36 nin

jdreyer wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 12:32:
Blue's food coma couldn't have been too bad. The Friday update wasn't even late!

Yeah, I stumbled out at bed at 10:00 to find the page updated - WTH?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 12:32 jdreyer

Blue's food coma couldn't have been too bad. The Friday update wasn't even late!  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 12:01 nin

Yeah, amazon has had a lot @ $3.99.

So far I have (all blus)

Archer season 1 - $12.99
East Bound and Down s1 and 2 - $14.99 each
The Hangover - $3.96
Wilfred s1 - $7.99
Super 8 - $5.96

Right now, they have Contact, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill 1 and 2, No Country for Old Men, Blazing Saddles, and Caddy Shack, all for $3.99 each.

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=price&category=bluray

edit: Use the "best deals" and "newest deals" to see more stuff.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2012, 12:08.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 11:43 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 11:39:
Been doin all my shopping online, between amazon and steam. Lotsa cheap blu rays...think that James Bond mega set is Saturdays item, and I'm wondering how low it'll go (was at $129.99).

Check Walmart online for dvds and bluray. 2 and 3 bux.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 11:39 nin

Been doin all my shopping online, between amazon and steam. Lotsa cheap blu rays...think that James Bond mega set is Saturdays item, and I'm wondering how low it'll go (was at $129.99).

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo