Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Oops, thanks to dj LiTh for pointing out I missed picking one of the games this week: For the Bills/Colts game I'll take the Colts. We had an awesome time for Thanksgiving yesterday, the food came out great, and it was wonderful spending time with our family. Today is that Black Friday that is such a treat for people who love bargains, and of course people who love crowds. I hope you are in a position to avoid this, but if it's your thing, I at least hope you can avoid being trampled.

Black Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Thanks for Playing.
Stories: Early start to US Black Friday shopping welcomed by some, not all.
Science: ADHD medication could help cut crime rates, Swedish study finds.
Media: Black Friday 2012 fights at Walmart, Target (NMA-style).
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flips himself instead of football.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 16:28 Prez

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 13:05:
nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 12:22:
Hope ya got it Creston, cause it's gone now.

Mildly regret not grabbing it, but I still have xmas gifts to get people. Maybe next year.

Missed it, but oh well. 100 more dollars in my pocket to blow on the Steam Xmas sale.

Creston

I fixed that for you Creston. You're welcome.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 13:05 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 12:22:

Mildly regret not grabbing it, but I still have xmas gifts to get people. Maybe next year.

Missed it, but oh well. 100 more dollars in my pocket.

Creston

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 13:04 Creston

Prez wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:48:
Totally random thought but I just watched the replay of Mark Sanchez's faceplant into his lineman's ass, and I have to say that was one of the funniest things I've seen all season. How the hell did Sanchez get the starting job? And for that matter, how is Ryan still the coach?

Well it's Nacho or Tebow. Not really a great set of choices either way. Ryan won't last much longer, I think, but he built up a lot of cred when he took the Jets to the championship game twice in a row.

Creston

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 12:22 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 08:34 Acleacius

Noticed Levi's Online has 30% off and Free Shipping at $75, through Sunday.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 03:10 nin

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:45:
Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:06:
nin wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 11:39:
Been doin all my shopping online, between amazon and steam. Lotsa cheap blu rays...think that James Bond mega set is Saturdays item, and I'm wondering how low it'll go (was at $129.99).

If it gets below 100$, please please PLEASE let me know

Creston

It's a sat all day deal. Meaning it should go live at 2am sat, cst. Be there or be square.

$99.99, currently. I'd like to pull the trigger, but I'm not sure I can justify the cost, right now.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 00:40 Silicon Avatar

There were some pretty good deals around, but I didn't go out anywhere for anything. I found them all online. slickdeals.net pretty much tells you where to go to get what you want. If it's not listed there then it probably wasn't on sale.  

24. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2012, 00:27 nin

Some sort of cookie issue. I find, when I reload my system or update the browser, I have to remember to check the "remember me" check box, or else I can't see updates correctly.

But not seeing it here currently...

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 23:59 Sepharo

Anyone else been having trouble with their visited links and "red stars" behavior here? For the past week or so the site seems to be forgetting I viewed a thread, clearing all the stars, links that I've visited become "new" again and are no longer gray. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the cookie getting deleted because sometimes I'll come back a little later and everything will be back to normal.

The way I usually track threads is a red star and a gray link... Well when both seem to be messing up it's hard to keep track.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 20:35 Cutter

It was funny by the 4th quarter how you could hear them chanting for Tebow.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 20:04 1badmf

Prez wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:48:
Totally random thought but I just watched the replay of Mark Sanchez's faceplant into his lineman's ass, and I have to say that was one of the funniest things I've seen all season. How the hell did Sanchez get the starting job? And for that matter, how is Ryan still the coach?

i haven't seen any jets games this season so take this with a grain of salt, but there was an article not too long ago on espn in which a bunch of jets players basically said all he's got to throw to are a bunch of amateurs, and tebow is worse than advertised. that doesn't prevent me from laughing at a dude eating a lineman's ass of course.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 19:48 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 19:45 nin

Creston wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 19:06:
Been doin all my shopping online, between amazon and steam. Lotsa cheap blu rays...think that James Bond mega set is Saturdays item, and I'm wondering how low it'll go (was at $129.99).

Creston

It's a sat all day deal. Meaning it should go live at 2am sat, cst. Be there or be square.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 19:06 Creston

Creston

17. Re: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flips himself instead of football. Nov 23, 2012, 18:15 Cutter

Fantaz wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 17:50:
Our mayor is too fat, he falls over...

Hopefully the judge will kick his fat ass out of office. Jesus the guy is a fucking embarrassment. Shows how stupid most Torontonians are.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

16. Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flips himself instead of football. Nov 23, 2012, 17:50 Fantaz

Our mayor is too fat, he falls over...  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 16:57 Cutter

Journey Into the Cradle!!!

The Cradle is the penultimate level in 2004&#8242;s “Thief: Deadly Shadows”. “Journey Into the Cradle”, originally printed in Issue 146 of PC GAMER, is a ten-page dissection of the level. It is, as far as I’m aware, the longest article any major magazine has printed on a single level in a videogame. Lots of people seem to like it.

Unlike the other portfolio items, where I’ve provided my raw text, the following is a PDF. While it’s bad for the bandwidth of the world, it’s the one piece which really does rely on the layout to operate correctly. All the visual elements were painstakingly created by Gamer’s long suffering art editor Mark Wynne, who has my eternal gratitude for making me look good. While I’m in a Oscar-award mode, I should also thank Jordan “Null” Thomas for his assistance, particularly providing one of my favourite interviews.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 15:53 nin

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 15:49:
Posted this in the sales thread too, as it is the best price that this has been so far:

The PS Vita is on sale for $180 in a bundle with Assassin's Creed 3 on Amazon

LALALA! I don't have time for another system of games! Not listening!

Wish I had the time. Same reason I don't own a 3DS, even though there's more than a couple of games I'd like to play.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 15:49 Mordecai Walfish

Posted this in the sales thread too, as it is the best price that this has been so far:

The PS Vita is on sale for $180 in a bundle with Assassin's Creed 3 on Amazon

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2012, 14:51 Agent.X7

I got a Samsung 840 250GB SSD drive with transfer software and a copy of Far Cry 3 for $158. Been looking for a decent price for a long time, couldn't pass it up.

Now I just have to decide if I want it in my PC or laptop. :\

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo