Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013?

A Thanksgiving Kickstarter update from Harebrained Schemes LLC offers a hearty "thank you" to supporters of Shadowrun Returns, their upcoming tactical RPG revival (thanks nin). The post is a bit of a ramble, but it does contain a potential release window for the game, as they have decided their original goal of a January release is not realistic:

As we announced a few months ago, we’ve backed off our original delivery date of January 2013. It might’ve worked for the scope of the game we originally envisioned but as our ambitions (read that “features list”) grew, so did the time we needed to deliver! Plus, we made a big move from our original top down camera to an isometric point of view and that took serious R&D time. Right now, according to our estimates, we’re looking at May or June.

We’ve spent the majority of our time getting our game engine, art pipeline and base gameplay up and running and we’ve covered a lot of ground to get a lot of systems in place. Our engineering team has been crunching off and on for months to maximize the amount of time our designers will have to create our story.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 18:25 nin

More than that, there's at least 517 people with the level editor in advance of the game to work on their own fanfiction scenarios (100 of which bought out the entire tier at $500/each to get their missions identified with a special icon).

Add that everyone will have access to those tools after game launch, should be some interesting competition for who has the best rated/most downloaded missions.

I guess I'd totally forgotten about that feature. That sounds awesome, and should extend the life of the game nicely.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 18:03 Bet

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 17:36:
nin wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:41:
I have to wonder if even that sounds a little ambitious, based on all the stretch goals. Wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed back further.

Not that that's a bad thing. I'd rather them take their time and do it right.

Yeah, but from the sound of it things are already working pretty well, and they have the story all written and plotted out, so another 6 to 7 months should be feasible.
More than that, there's at least 517 people with the level editor in advance of the game to work on their own fanfiction scenarios (100 of which bought out the entire tier at $500/each to get their missions identified with a special icon).

Add that everyone will have access to those tools after game launch, should be some interesting competition for who has the best rated/most downloaded missions.

8. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 17:36 Creston

nin wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:41:
I have to wonder if even that sounds a little ambitious, based on all the stretch goals. Wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed back further.

Yeah, but from the sound of it things are already working pretty well, and they have the story all written and plotted out, so another 6 to 7 months should be feasible.

I agree, though, if it's not done in 6 months, take more time (if money allows.)

Creston

7. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 16:55 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 15:54:
Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 15:03:
That's as cool as a ghoul in a pool.

Is this ghoul that's cool in a pool taking place at a school?

Indeed and his name is Raoul.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

6. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 16:53 Dev

I'm glad they are keeping on top of it. They've also decided to cut a social type feature too, the one about pulling friends characters in on your party. So I think they have a decent grasp on the project if they know this far in advance the features they can deliver in a reasonable time frame.

5. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 16:07 Hump

Speaking of things Shadowrun, i wish the hell MS would release the FPS game for free since they obviously arent drawing revenue from it.

Despite it being improperly named, it WAS one of better MP-only tactical shooters of the past several years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 15:54 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 15:03:

Is this ghoul that's cool in a pool taking place at a school?

3. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 15:29 JediPunisher

No one seriously expected them to have this game finished in 9 months... 18 months sounds more realistic.

BTW, don't forget to support Legend of Dungeon.

2. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 15:03 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

1. Re: Shadowrun Returns in May/June 2013? Nov 22, 2012, 13:41 nin

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2012, 15:34.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo