Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thanksgiving Safety Dance

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 23, 2012, 06:01 InBlack

Well thats ok, I mean they can always use their cellphone/smartphone if the shit really hits the fan...  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 23, 2012, 02:09 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 01:41:
Oh, so you're the one guy that knows about this, Bats!

It is funny cause there is a spot in the article that it talks about people not knowing how to get to the channel, etc. It is my experience that this is no different than any other technology. Anyone over 45 is having a hard time in law enforcement with the technology. Radios, tazers (a lot won't carry them), squad computers, dictation systems, any new training techniques, etc.

I am one of the few at our dept that train our new guys/gals, and I spend time on how to get to the different banks of channels, etc. Old timers dont care. They also dont use all of the cool crime fighting tools some of us use. IE internal records systems or shared record systems to look up bad guys we see walking around, booking photos, etc, etc, etc. oh well. There are a lot of people who just punch in and punch out.

So, the federal level is no diff than the local level. You have slugs, you have those who just want to get by, and those that do a good to great job all the time cause that is their ethic. Same as all other jobs.

And just like other jobs, everyone around here knows who fits where in those categories. heheheheheh

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 23, 2012, 01:41 Cutter

Oh, so you're the one guy that knows about this, Bats!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 22, 2012, 21:37 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 20:54:
A nationwide "common channel"? Are they expecting a coordinated attack at all airports across the entire US? Even if employees did know how to use it, only 20% of the radios where properly programmed to do so. It isn't only the agents carrying the radio that are the problem here.

We have 800Mhz digital radios in our squads and on our hips. There are dedicated channels on multiple banks for different things. Some of them are reserved for federal events (president, etc) and can be heard state wide for sure. Not so sure about the nationwide stuff....

I am around Minneapolis, and we hear chases in Duluth when they switch to the state wide chase channel.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 22, 2012, 20:54 Mr. Tact

A nationwide "common channel"? Are they expecting a coordinated attack at all airports across the entire US? Even if employees did know how to use it, only 20% of the radios where properly programmed to do so. It isn't only the agents carrying the radio that are the problem here.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 22, 2012, 18:43 dj LiTh

430M on radios? .....seriously? Hire me, i'll figure that shit out for half that and still afford a tropical island with a harem of 20+ supermodels eating grapes while jerry seinfeld tells me anti semitic jokes as i scratch my ass on a throne of pure gold.  

2. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 22, 2012, 16:36 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 15:07:
This is the sort of shit that must make terrorists sit back and laugh their asses off.

Yup. Their plan was to bankrupt the west, not achieve a military victory. Pretty much spot on results unfortunately. Sad thing is they did it to the Soviets as well and noone learned from that history lesson.

1. Re: Thanksgiving Safety Dance Nov 22, 2012, 15:07 Cutter

This is the sort of shit that must make terrorists sit back and laugh their asses off.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo