Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S., so happy holiday to all who are celebrating, and best wishes to all in the hope that you have reason to be thankful even if this is not celebrated where you are. Things are well underway here in the BlueTower, as the Chex Mix is mixed and the turkey is nearing perfection even as I type these words. I'm looking forward to spending time with the family, watching some football, and lapsing into a food-induced coma. We also have thanks to express, and most appropriate to this space, thanks to all of you for your support of this site over all these years.

Speaking of football, here are last week's results: Batman 12-1 (I don't think we can give credit for posting a Thursday winner on Sunday), Cutter 12-2, Jivaro 11-2 (skipped Eagles/Skins), mag and Blue 11-3, and Creston and Verno 10-4. Here are my picks for this week: I guess we'll have to see if posting so late means we just shouldn't count the early game: Texans, Cowboys, Patriots, Seahawks, Falcons, Bengals, Steelers, Titans, Broncos, Bears, Chargers, Saints, Rams, Giants, and Panthers.

Thankful Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Humbug 2.
Soccer Balls 2.
Stories: Printer ink that's pricier than champagne.
Discovery Cancels Dirty Jobs. They should have Mike Rowe tell the crew.
Chevy Chase is leaving NBC's sitcom 'Community'. People too close to liking him again.
Media: Thanksgiving Turkey Cooked with Flashlights.
1980s Video Game Companies Factory Footage.
Wedding Photographer's Hair Catches Fire.
The Funnies: Brevity.
Pure Evil Cartoon - Savage Chickens.
Follow-up: Puerto Rican boxing champ Camacho brain dead after shooting.
Twinkies bakers say they'd rather lose jobs than take pay cuts. Thanks Cutter.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 17:23 xXBatmanXx

(I don't think we can give credit for posting a Thursday winner on Sunday),

Bah. I went 12-2, it is on www.beattheinsiders.com every week. I had 1 perfect week this year. I am currently 106-55 on the season.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 16:55 Prez

Happy Holiday to all. I know I am thankful for my first day off in November. I slept for 13 hours. While the wife slaved in the kitchen. Ahhh, all is right with the world.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 16:54 Cutter

I eat turkey pretty regularly - in place of chicken, as it's both tastier and healthier - so Thanksgiving isn't really a big whoop to me. And I also regularly roast prime ribs and glazed hams too so that's not just "holiday" food for me, but year round. I do so enjoy some good roast beast.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 16:40 NegaDeath

Happy American Thanksgiving. We Canucks already had ours so now its our turn to be envious envious of all your delicious turkey, stuffing, omnomnom.

I hereby propose both nations adopt the others holiday so we each get TWO thanksgivings per year. Bridging gaps between cultures yada yada.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 16:04 Hump

Happy Thanksgiving Stephen  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 15:15 Cutter

Sweet sassy molassy! Break out the checkbook and pay grandma for the rubdown!

This week...

Lions, Redskins, Pats, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Seahawks, Bengals, Falcons, Bears, Titans, Cardinals, 49'ers, Packers, Panthers.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 15:03 Jivaro

Houston, Washington, New England, Chicago, Cincy, Pittsburg, Indy, Tennessee, Denver, Seattle, Atlanta, Baltimore, St. Louis, SF, Green Bay, Philly

I took some risks this week. Betting against NO and the G Men when they are playing at home is usually a bad move.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 13:45 nin

We also have thanks to express, and most appropriate to this space, thanks to all of you for your support of this site over all these years.

Whatever! You do all the work, honey badger!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 13:36 Verno

My picks for this week:

Texans, Cowboys, Jets, Bears, Bengles, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Broncos, Seahawks, Falcons, Ravens, Saints, Rams, Eagles, Packers

Chevy Chase is leaving NBC's sitcom 'Community'. People too close to liking him again.

Man, after all that bullshit with Harmon he turns around and screws everyone again. Chevy Chase sucks.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2012, 13:19 dj LiTh

Not pickin in the Indy/Buffalo game Blue?  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo