Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mirror's Edge 2 in Development

Ben Cousins tweets a response to a Eurogamer article to state that Mirror's Edge 2 is in development at DICE, finally firming up long-standing rumors the parkour game is getting a sequel: "It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE."

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

11. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:35 Jerykk

StreetPreacher wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 11:06:
Great news. I hope they'll stay away from the combat elements this time. Last time it was like they didn't believe in the concept enough to really stick with it, and I think the game suffered as a result.

I'd be surprised if they don't turn the game into a shooter with light platforming elements.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:35 Suppa7

Just what the world needed, another first person game with platforming. Innovation this game is not.  

9. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:29 Zyrxil

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 11:19:

Too bad all the cheating cocksuckers of the world feel the need to have their piss-ant dipshit names at the top of a leaderboard even though a braindead fucking monkey can see that they cheated to get it.
Hey, I legitimately made global top 50 times on around 5 of the maps. Obviously, I am an unstoppable keyboard parkour god!

Really though, they did delete those fake times for a while. I imagine the support petered out as the playerbase did. If when ME2 comes, Origin is still a thing, I imagine it'll be integrated somehow like BF3 leaderboards are. In that case, the very least EA can do is Origin-wide leaderboard account bans, so any hacked time bans the account from showing up on any leaderboard in any EA game.

8. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:22 Rhialto

Excellent! Liked the 1st as it was different.
Should be great in 3D.

7. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 12:14 Elf Shot The Food

I hope they fix the parts that sucked from the first one, like the story and the bad controls.  

6. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:31 Verno

Awesome, Mirror's Edge was a really cool game that just needed a sequel to tweak and refine some of the rougher gameplay elements. I can't believe EA is letting Dice do this, hope they publish it instead of shitcanning later.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

5. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:26 MajorD

Creston wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 11:19:

Too bad all the cheating cocksuckers of the world feel the need to have their piss-ant dipshit names at the top of a leaderboard even though a braindead fucking monkey can see that they cheated to get it.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Wink Little twits!!!

4. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:19 Creston

I really liked Mirror's Edge, though I'll echo that they need to overhaul the combat mechanics. I never minded being chased by the SWAT guys, because it added tension and urgency to the levels, but when you actually had to go fight them it became boring in a hurry.

The story was pretty damn naf as well, and I remember very little of it. Hopefully they'll flesh that out some.

Other than that, it was a great game. It had really nice level design and the mechanic of free-running was very well implemented. I loved watching world record videos of levels and having my jaw just drop at how incredible these guys were. Too bad all the cheating cocksuckers of the world feel the need to have their piss-ant dipshit names at the top of a leaderboard even though a braindead fucking monkey can see that they cheated to get it. It would have been cool to see an ACTUAL leaderboard with realistic if incredible times.

Definitely interested in Mirror's Edge 2, and kudos to EA for greenlighting its development. (I know the first one didn't exactly set the world on fire sales-wise.)

Creston

3. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:19 MajorD

Excellent news! I like the concept of Mirror's Edge gameplay, and really enjoyed playing it. I actually need to fire it back up and finish it.

2. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:06 StreetPreacher

Great news. I hope they'll stay away from the combat elements this time. Last time it was like they didn't believe in the concept enough to really stick with it, and I think the game suffered as a result.  

1. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 in Development Nov 21, 2012, 11:02 Mordecai Walfish

Awesome news. I actually just played through this game for the first time a couple months ago (when it was "free" over Origin) and was impressed with the overall design and mechanics.

I had played it on a friend's 360 *very* briefly when it was first released, but PC is (as always) a much more satisfying and rich experience. Forcing Ambient Occlusion in nvidia control panel helped add a bit of depth to the graphics that was missing, as well.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo