Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 18:16 Cutter

I've much cared for patent law anwyay as virtually everything is only an innovation of something else before it. At the very least reduce the time to say 10 years on mechanical and 5 years on software.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 21, 2012, 16:42 HorrorScope

Why can't a home phone have different alarm sounds like a cell phone, so you know if you need to answer it?

Why don't radio's/receivers auto-balance songs or why doesn't your TV's output balance volume from loud stations or soft stations?

There are dozens of things I come up with that seem like no-brainers, I believe they are, but never happen. I just assume some jack ass patented it and hence it stifles us.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 14:17 Ozmodan

Software patents are basically illegal because all software breaks down to a mathematical formula and the Supreme court has already said that you cannot patent a mathematical formula.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 21, 2012, 12:53 eRe4s3r

I love these patent summits, every year we got a lot of hot air about how this system sucks or needs to continue, and every year, we got a lot of completely brain dead moronic patents that stifle true innovation.

And thanks to patents, we still don't have a universal 2-way voice translator because 60 different now completely obvious patents block progress in every single area of the relevant research so thank you patents, for preventing human development as a race. Good job, clap hands.... let's talk about it, because that is the way to go to bring about change... talking, on summits.

*sarcasm

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo